Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with smart and linksys router

Options
  • 06-05-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

just got smart broadband yesterday with the wired Aolynk modem and router, and i already had a wireless linksys WRT54G V5. I want a complete wireless network with my pc and xbox 360. my problem is when i connect the Aolynk through port 1 to the internet socket on the linksys i can't even ping the Aolynk
    i tinkered with a few security settings on the linksys but no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

richie2005 wrote:
    just got smart broadband yesterday with the wired Aolynk modem and router, and i already had a wireless linksys WRT54G V5. I want a complete wireless network with my pc and xbox 360. my problem is when i connect the Aolynk through port 1 to the internet socket on the linksys i can't even ping the Aolynk
    i tinkered with a few security settings on the linksys but no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you put the Aolynk into bridge mode?

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=153

• Registered Users Posts: 7 richie2005

will try this tomorrow thanks very much for the reply, will let you know any progress. :)

Advertisement