Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you getting to the RDS?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I'll be getting the 7.30am 27X to the RDS for morning exams and either 27 and dart or 27 and 7 for the afternoon ones. I usually do the dart thing cos i like trains so it makes exams slightly more fun.
    *i'm lame*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Dart for my weekday morning ones (I hate the dart).
    I'll be getting the 10 from college for the afternoon ones (the wlak from Donnybrook is nice and it clears my head).
    Double bussing it for my saturday mornings (same route I take to work so I know the scheduals well enough to leave myself the right ammount of time).

Oh, I'm organised about one area of this whoile ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Here's hoping they pass for attendance alone!

Tomorrow i'll be getting the 27x direct and studying in RDS from 9ish-3ish (yeah.. i'm more likely to work than at home and my friend has an exam at that time). Later on I shall be journeying by anything to town followed by a 10/46A and a walk. Or if i haven't overused my UCD crashing privelages with a friend i'll probably be going from there for the last couple of exams as i like studying until the library closes and again in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i take my bi-cycle
    marvellous fun. gotten a lift a few times, but tbh its quicker to cycle usually, especially in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I do me exams in UCD because I'm special :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

boneless wrote:
    I do me exams in UCD because I'm special :):):)
    You better be takin' the piss otherwise I'll be pissed.

If you're serious... How come?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Reasons for having your exams in UCD include:

Dyslexia
    Health problems - back ache and the like.

Although, last year one guy had an epileptic fit in the middle of an exam. The poor guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

I'll be walking down to Harolds Cross from Rathfarnham and getting the 18 out. I only have one 9o'clock exam which suits my sleeping habits grand :cool:

SebtheBum wrote:
    You better be takin' the piss otherwise I'll be pissed.

If you're serious... How come?

I'm not good in crowds... willy waving and all that!! :D

No. It's cos of me spine; artrithis and all that jazz... bloody hurts sometimes, and I need to stretch from time to time after sitting for long periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Ah all ye chaps are lazy.....

In the libro for 9 to cram and stroll to the RDS in the afternoon. Stroll is probably the wrong word, anxious walking sums it up much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Be careful getting the 18 though; it's not too bad going from Sandymount but going back it can be very hard to time. Just to warn ya if you're not used to it. Leave yourself time for error. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

boneless wrote:
    I'm not good in crowds... willy waving and all that!! :D

No. It's cos of me spine; artrithis and all that jazz... bloody hurts sometimes, and I need to stretch from time to time after sitting for long periods.
    Aw man... How am I gonna get thru this without my favourite cuddly Commie teddy bear?:(

Good luck anyway mate, spose I won't see much of ya so. That sucks.

Hope the seats where u are doin' the exams are more comfy than at the RDS!:D

I brings a comfy cushion with me... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well most of my exams are in UCD anyway, thankfully! I have one in the RDS, it's my first time having one there since 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Walking down to Ballsbridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Hermione* wrote:
    Be careful getting the 18 though; it's not too bad going from Sandymount but going back it can be very hard to time. Just to warn ya if you're not used to it. Leave yourself time for error. :)

Yeah. I'm aiming to be at the bus stop at least an hour before the exam starting time.
    During the christmas ones I did the same. One of the days the bus just didn't show. I got in at the exact time. But the panic of rushing isn't something I need on top of my limited knowledge of my course.

Advertisement