Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent internet banking.. does it exist?

Options
  • 07-05-2006 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I moved from Italy 1 month ago and subscribed to PermanentTSB since they don't charge fees or whatever. Well, they refused at the moment to give me the laser card but just the ATM, that's ok, I don't need it strictly.

But I've been really disappointed when I accessed the Internet Banking for the first time and seen that it's REALLY poor.

The CSS displaying is missing from Firefox (what a shame..) and you can't also transfer money to other national or international accounts. Also there's no option to topup phone numbers, but maybe this is common to all the internet banking sites here in Ireland.

Last but not least is not anyway possible to change your personal details -- I'm the owner of the account and I can't do this...

What kind of internet banking is this? If I want to view statements I can do that just from the ATM.

Am I pretending too much or is Permanent that offers really poor services to their customers?

What about Ulster? The same?

Thank you,
    Fabio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm afraid most Irish bank's Internet banking facilities don't quite match what is available in other countries. AIB's is probably one of the better sites as it allows you do to international transfers, national transfers, mobile top-ups etc. National Irish Bank's new banking site is supposed to be good, but is suffering from teething problems as it is not long launched. I'm not sure that any of the banks offer the facility to change your personal details online, but I'd imagine their telephone banking centres can do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Generally you need to write to your Bank to change your personal details.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I use AIB Internet Banking and find it does most features you mentioned.

It doesn't allow you to change personal details though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'd recommend NIB, though I haven't got the security device they require for Firefox users yet.

Advertisement