Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT on a sunday?

Options
  • 07-05-2006 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Was booking my NCT there a few hours ago and just looked for the earliest date and was given one for tomorow mornign at 8.10. WTF? I didnt know they opened on a sunday, let alone at 8am.

Incidentally, I'm going to fail. I was just sitting in the bath and remembered that when I was on the motorway the other day, the helpful Renault voice guy came on to tell me one of my sidelights (which are sidelights?) was faulty and i completely forgot about it. D'oh.

**EDIT just found this. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-SIDE-LIGHT-LED-Renault-MASTER-MEGANE-SAFRANE_W0QQitemZ8055561375QQcategoryZ72233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems my sidelights are inside the Headlights near the grill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

go to a 24 hour garage, and get a replacement, or is a sidelight an engine-out on a Laguna (guess this is what you have!)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's a safrane. Had'nt heard of a sidelight till the guy in the car told me ( I assume he lives in the dash somewhere , thats where hi svoice comes from :D ). 24hr garage?as in petrol station garage ? or is there 24hr motor factor type places now?

I dont suppose that dodgy looking stadium mtors place up at the square counts?:) That place does be open with people workign on cars at 1 am. Very odd.

24 hour motor factors, not quite. but plenty of Maxols and Essos sell bulbs and other car products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Side lights are often referred to as 'parkers' - it's the minimum amount of light you'll get on the Safrane, ie. first notch when turning on the lights. With the Safrane the side lights are part of the main headlight unit so just look for a small plug on the back of it, usually towards the outside of the car not in towards the grill, and this should hold a small bulb so swap this and you're laughing. I actually have 3 of them on a shelf in front of me which you're welcome to but it's hardly worth the 400 mile trip - should be only 50 cent or so from a petrol station ;-)
    Now if anyone knows how to remove the front sidelight unit (which you have to do to replace the bloody bulb) from a '95 Accord Aerodeck I'm ALL EARS :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

BTW - Good Luck with the NCT!

• Advertisement

Yay, passed. Didnt get the light in the end but he must'nt have noticed. Also forgot to take the caps pf the alloys that cover the wheel nuts. He mentioned it but let it go.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

They used to do the NCT on Sundays to ease the backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So they pass cars with blown sidelights now? Yipee! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You know the little side indicator yokes on the side of the wings? Mine were gone, guess what still passed.

Btw where are they doing tests on a sunday? I wished I could get mine done on a weekend.

The repeaters are not manditory.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Didn't know that. I guess fog lights aren't either?

I got it done in fonthill.

fog lights aren't manditory . front or back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have my nct next sunday in Naas...front left sidelight just went on friday and I can't get the bulb out. hopefully they won't notice the little tell-tale light on the dash either.

well done stekelly for passing. Mine is 6yrs old now and I fear it will fail the suspension test for worn something or other

I assume the Vehicle Licencing people let the nct know of changes of ownership? I bought the car midway throuigh last month and the nct still have the car down as being owned by the last guy. I know it's noy going to affect me for another 2 years but am I supposed to let them know?

I said it to the guy in the office but he didnt seem too interested.

Yep the crowd in Clare share with the NCTS people (I think)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Stekelly wrote:
    I assume the Vehicle Licencing people let the nct know of changes of ownership? I bought the car midway throuigh last month and the nct still have the car down as being owned by the last guy. I know it's noy going to affect me for another 2 years but am I supposed to let them know?

I said it to the guy in the office but he didnt seem too interested.

Ring them yourself is your best bet. There's seems to bea breakdown in communication. I never received notice from the NCT, so I rang them, and they were unaware of the change of ownership.

Don't think so, Mike.

It can take a fair time for your name to get onto NCTS records. So long as you know the Reg number and Date of First Registration you can book a test online no problems. I had to do that with my car as I did not have the tax book.

Surely there would have to be a link or everyone who buys a used car more than 4 years old will have to do it manualy? How amature!

Mike.

Advertisement