Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self tapping external Tap kit

Options
  • 07-05-2006 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hi a friend of mine gave me one of these kits you can buy in woodies, how it is supposed to work is you put this self tapping valve around the mains pipe in your sink and tighten it and it cuts a hold in the mains pipe and seals it, but I am worried that it might leak over time and flood the house! Has anyone experience of these kits good or bad, or would I be better off getting a plumber to fit one??? If so can anyone recommend a decent plumber who won't rip me off in the Lucan area?

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I have one of these, and know a few people who do too. No problems so far, touch wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hey thanks for that always the fear that as the joint isn't professionally fitted that it it will leak and flood the house when your out.

cheers

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ok Im sure you know this but just in case, dont attach it directly to the mains pipe. Attach it to a copper branch off the main pipe after at least 1 valve.
    When you are attaching the clamp part do not over tighten, this will bend the pipe out of round and weaken it.
    When you start to bore the hole the hole pipe will collapse in and you are in trouble:eek:

Other than that they work fine :)

Advertisement