Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Note

Options
  • 07-05-2006 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine has told me he's 99% certain of closing a deal for a Nissan Note within the next few days... WTF!!! He doesn't have a family but is sold on the whole space, driving position, vfm...

It's the 1.5 diesel. Great value car on paper & if it's a Nissan it'll be reliable. But jaysus...people are obsessed with MPVs/SUVs these days, especially in the Focus-class sector...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

yeah some people like being high up. I know a few people who have bought X-Trails and Scenics etc. and the main reason they gave was they liked the driving position. Another guy is getting a RAV4 because he says the driving position in "low cars" gives him back pain .

Even cars which aren't meant to be MPVs are becoming more MPV-like in theri driving position. Eg the current Ford Focus hatch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Wait until you get to my age :D

All this falling into ..., clambering out of.., lying in... your car malarcy begins to loose its attraction fairly quickly.

It is just not good for your circulation when your arse is at the same level as your feet.

Plus sitting higher up compensates for slowing reaction times :D:D:D

Tell your friend he's getting old !!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pburns wrote:
    Friend of mine has told me he's 99% certain of closing a deal for a Nissan Note within the next few days... WTF!!! He doesn't have a family but is sold on the whole space, driving position, vfm...

It's the 1.5 diesel. Great value car on paper & if it's a Nissan it'll be reliable. But jaysus...people are obsessed with MPVs/SUVs these days, especially in the Focus-class sector...

The Nissan Note is based on the Renault Modus as far as I know, the 1.5 litre diesel is definately the same unit found in the Renault Clio, Megane and Scenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's true. pretty strong marketing campaign. so it may be the first Nissan in a decade to have a good resale value (providing they don't sell thousands to Enterprise etc. and dump them all back on the market at the sime time - Almera Style)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Hmmm...
    Another friend of mine reckons the people-carrier is just plain weird for a single guy & he'll end up looking like a child-molestor... All he needs now are a packet of boiled sweets!

Not very PC but I had to laugh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's so funny!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the father has one. he loves it , better for the back than the xsara was. i kinda like it, but then im too young to appreciate practical cars!

Advertisement