Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions For Leading SETI Member

Options
  • 07-05-2006 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I'm in Massachusetts for the summer on a work internship and I've just been invited on a trip with Paul Horowitz, one of the leading SETI members and founder of Optical SETI, to his most recent observation site.

I was just wondering if any of you have any questions you'd like me to ask him?

I'm heading out tomorrow at about 5 pm Irish time so I'll check back on this thread just before then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Here's a question:

Does he really believe there is Extra-Terristial life that is capable enough to create radio waves within a radiosphere from Earth of 1m light-years, or are there mornings that he gets up and realises that he is wasting his time/life on planet Earth?

(Note that the latter part of the question does not assume that there is no extra-terristial life!)

redspider

Advertisement