Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mark henry's contract extended????

• 07-05-2006 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

ok this if definitly not cool :reject: why are the wwe torturing us

Here the full report on his re-signing.

Dave Meltzer reports that Mark Henry's WWE contract has been extended. Henry signed a 10 year contract with the WWE back in 1996 after he competed in the Olympics for $1 million dollars a year. Henry's new deal is not guarenteed and lasts through 2007. His money has been cut down from $1 million a year dollars to $300,000 a year.

Credit: Gerweck.net

oh god no, why oh why. i was looking forward to seeing the back of him... really dont want to see this plonker on smackdown for another 1 and half.....the man has not had any good matches to date, he's been carried in every single match, which is not easy and he's a liability.... i think i need to go have a cry sobo.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Cause they need someone to feed the newly signed Jimmy Yang too. Duh! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what ever happened to the mitz
    taught he would be on smackdown by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

ok this if definitly not cool :reject: why are the wwe torturing us

oh god no, why oh why. i was looking forward to seeing the back of him... really dont want to see this plonker on smackdown for another 1 and half.....the man has not had any good matches to date, he's been carried in every single match, which is not easy and he's a liability.... i think i need to go have a cry sobo.gif

Agreed! Henry should be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Why are they extending this guy's contract - he can't wrestle, like at ALL. Although I think he has a lot of agility for a big guy, that doesn't mean he can wrestle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i stated that i havent seen a good match from henry on another wrestling site, and i got shouted down. saying he has had one great match, some ppl are under the impression he's a good wrestler ever :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

ok henry looks a little awkward in the ring. but i dont mind him. he is entertaining. i love when his music kicks in. i see no reason why wwe should let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

He is a good heel and i am getting use to him but he is still dangerous and sloppy in the ring. If you watch his matches, he spends most of the time standing in the middle of the ring while the other guy runs around the place carrying him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

He sure is dangerous - hes injured quite a few wrestlers this year - hardly what you'd expect from a 10 year veteran: Yes, the guy has been wrestling for 10 years and still needs to be carried in every match. The moral of the story is that he's not going to get any better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I guess there short of heels on Smackdown. I dont like watching him wrestle but it seems like every former big man is gettting re-signed to the WWE so why not Mark Henry.

The only guy that can carry him to a match since he came back was Rey. Not even Kurt Angle could manage it. And if Kurt Angle can't get a match out of you thats saying somthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

This is a great news, Mark Henry is definetly one of the best wrestlers around and it would have been a pity to lose him!!! Go on Mark!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was just thinking, he used to be slightly better in the ring, didn't he? He was never great, but now he's just dire. Takes forever to do anything

Dave Meltzer wrote the following today in his update:

The latest fake news item credited to me is WWE signing Mark Henry to a new contract. I don't know that they haven't, but having checked around, nobody there seems to know anything about it and I haven't reported it.

oh thank the lord :D *does a happy dance*

Yay! There's hope yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

oh sweet jesus! :D i think WWE hate Mark Henry as much as we do but i'd say they wouldn't just have him sit at home and get payed either and smackdown is short on heels. I hope this is Mark Henry's final hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I hope Mark Henry does get a contract extension, sure, he's a bit limited in the ring, but he has been surprisingly impressive. As for causing a lot of injuries .... well I don't know about that, as far as I'm concerned injuries are part of what wrestling is, and even the god that is Kurt Angle has caused his fair share of them.

to my absolute horror, the man has got his contract extended, but not for another year, but to the end of this year and is being paid less

Mark Henry recently re-structured his ten-year contract with WWE. He is being paid less money and he is signed through the end of the year. There is no word yet on what will happen when it expires.

credit:lordsofpain

*sigh* so another 7 months of mark henry *shivers*

I think he was already signed to the end of this year, wasn't he? They're just payin him less. I'm surprised nobody on SD has brought up the subject of him losing his virginity to his sister yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BrianShelley

Ohh nooo. he's the the second worst WWE superstar on SD. The worst is the Great Kahli. I wish both of them was just to have a bad injury and won't be able to wrestle

Haha, that's probably why a match between the two would be a good thing!

• Advertisement

According to the observer Henry still has n't signed a contract although its likely. Up until his recent push he was expeced to retire but now given his push, he wants to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm surprised nobody on SD has brought up the subject of him losing his virginity to his sister yet

What? What? What?

That's something he admitted during the "Sexual Chocolate" era. Think he said it at the same time he admitted he was a sex addict. Someone should really slag him about that tranny whore, it'd make me laugh

Advertisement