Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruud's Farewell?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

but one thing about Ruud is his age
    29 ,not much longer could get good money for him still

SteM wrote:
    Things change, people come and go but I support Manchester United Football Club.
    agree totally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

SteM wrote:
    If Ferguson turns things around at United and they win the Premiership or CL next season, I wonder will there be certain posters here changing their tune?

If Ruud leaves in the summer then I'll say what I said when Beckham, Keane, Hughes, Stam and the rest of them left. Good luck and thanks for all your effort.

Things change, people come and go but I support Manchester United Football Club.

I'll second that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Yes! If Ruud has any sense he will be walking out of ManU.

Ferguson is an appalling man manager, Stam, Beckham, Keane and now RudeVan. ManU's loss, whoever signs Ruud >their gain.

This proves that Alex is past it as a manager, he cant deal with player crisis, (or anyone who has a difference of opinion to himself) and to make it worse he gets rid of players who can still do it for the club.
    No future benefit to the club gets in the way of SAF's ego.

Ruud Van Nestilrooy being dropped in place of Saha says it all, and shows that SAF no longer has the ability to spot footballing talent, and more importantly how to put out his best side.

The Glaziers should do the decent thing, haul Alex into their office and give him the hairdryer treatment and remind him that if Ruud goes, he goes.

Ruud Van could walk into any Prem side and start up front, the only plus side to this is that the top Euro sides will pay good money to get a proven quality striker into their side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Very very strange will have to wait and see what exactly went on mid week. As an Arsenal fan I hated to see RvN playing against us, he is a top class finisher.

Now if we could hold onto Henry and sign NvN what a partnership that would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I heard on Sky sports he has approx 150 goals in 5 years, if ferguson plans on letting ruud go and replaces him with saha he is making a huge mistake. Saha will never score as much as ruud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

if ruud goes to the pool good luck to fowler :lol:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm going to have to agree with Zane here, I think Fergie should go.

Somebody said he was testing his character, well that might have lost them the league, good job fergie. You're paying him 80k a week and you're testing his character, you don't **** with a thorough bread horse, so why do you **** with a world class striker, just doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

SteM wrote:
    If Ferguson turns things around at United and they win the Premiership or CL next season, I wonder will there be certain posters here changing their tune?

If Ruud leaves in the summer then I'll say what I said when Beckham, Keane, Hughes, Stam and the rest of them left. Good luck and thanks for all your effort.

my sentiments exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

We all know who should be leaving Old Trafford and it isn't Ruud....... it's that egotistical...... so and so (if I used the words I REALLY wanted to say I'd get banned and sued for slander)

Ince, Stam, Beckham and Van Nistelrooy....... they all can't be in the wrong.

FERGUSON OUT!
    This is complete b0llox. The only one of the three who have so far left the club, which was wrong, was Stam. But that was due to comments in his book, rather than footballing reasons. Selling Ince was a fantastic decision, as was Beckham. Yes he has gone on to earn Madrid lots of money, but his performances and his attitude in his final season at OT left a lot to be desired.

At first yesterday, when I heard the Ruud news, I was gutted. Thinking Fergie you tulip etc. But then I had a think. Fergie has been here 20 years. Ruud 5. Ruud has given us some glorious moments, scoring many goals. Fergie has given us far more, and been responsible for far more.

At the time Fergie sold Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes, I was fuming. But he was proven right.

so I reflected. Fergie knows what he's doing. He sees the players day in, day out. When he got rid of the aforementioned trio, it was because he saw Keano as the driving force in place of Ince, he saw Becks for Andrei and we had Scholesy at the time looking like a centre forward - admittedly he dropped back to be Keanos ideal foil.

Now, Fergie is seeing Rossi. He's obviously now of the opinion that Rossi has what it takes. And he probably thinks that not giving him his chance will cause him to move on. He obviously doesn't want to lose a talent which he rates so highly.

Personally I still hope we bring in another striker if Ruud is going, because I can't see Ole being a worthwhile 4th striker. So we'll get some money (could be a nice amount if they wait till after WC and Ruud has a good one) for him, bring in a slightly cheaper strikre to complete the quartet and use the overflow to bolster midfield, the badly needed area.

Ruud, you gave us 5 great years, scored countless goals and we've idolised you, thanks for it all I say.

But Fergie is still the king (I admit earlier in the season you'll find posts from me saying otherwise, but that was a terrible moment of weakness, of which I have recovered) and we trust in what you want to do.

Yes! If Ruud has any sense he will be walking out of ManU.

Ferguson is an appalling man manager, Stam, Beckham, Keane and now RudeVan. ManU's loss, whoever signs Ruud >their gain.

This proves that Alex is past it as a manager, he cant deal with player crisis, (or anyone who has a difference of opinion to himself) and to make it worse he gets rid of players who can still do it for the club.
    No future benefit to the club gets in the way of SAF's ego.

Ruud Van Nestilrooy being dropped in place of Saha says it all, and shows that SAF no longer has the ability to spot footballing talent, and more importantly how to put out his best side.

The Glaziers should do the decent thing, haul Alex into their office and give him the hairdryer treatment and remind him that if Ruud goes, he goes.

Ruud Van could walk into any Prem side and start up front, the only plus side to this is that the top Euro sides will pay good money to get a proven quality striker into their side.
    An appalling man manager? ROFLMAO. That's why he was the only manager capable of harnessing the best of Cantona's talents for as long as he did. That's why he was the first manager capable of having 4 top class strikers rotating, and happy to do so, despite the fact two of them didn't even talk to each other.

Most Utd fans still trust in Fergie. We remember what he has done. We know he was won 8 titles, and it hasn't been through making easy decisions, which go down well with the fans. He sees the players day in day otu. He knows what he's doing.

How often do you hear of player revolt at OT? Fairly rarely I must say. So, to call him an appalling man manager? Give me a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

If you dont want him, Liverpool would take him.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Club will survive without him, dont think he's won that much while he's been here anyways......If he oes go I hope he's used as a make weight in a deal to get a big midfield player like Gattuso from another big european team...

If its spurs, we better get Carrick etc.

Probably wont work out that way but thats the best i can hope for if he's on the move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

SteM wrote:
    And what if they fail to challenge for the league or CL? Again. Supporters have been questioning Ferguson for two or so years now. His failure to deliver any trophies of note in that time give credence to the claims.

If he has had a falling out with RVN he is right to sell him. No player is bigger than the club etc etc. But one must question what is going on. At the beginning of the season nobody would have predicted that both Keane and RVN's Old Trafford careers would be finished even before the last ball of the season was kicked. It'll be an interesting Summer for United.

PS If you are reading Ruud, I'll pay for your flights to Liverpool if you are interested.

Stick him on the train, its only £7.50 return i think.,...Doesnt even need the return!

Ah no, in fairness he wont be going to pool....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

you don't **** with a thorough bread horse, so why do you **** with a world class striker
    Ruud is a thoroughbred horse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Im very sad to see this happen with Ruud, he has been the best striker man u have ever had in the premiership.

I was at the game yesterday and general consensus from the people I was talking to were that it may be the best time to sell him on. Rossi is coming through and wont stay another season without any chances at starting 11, and if Ruud has a good world cup we will get a strong price. As regards people saying this is all down to fergie, well thats a joke, I am a big Ruud fan but his attitude since being benched has been shocking. No one is bigger than the Man U team as fergie has shown countless times he gets rid of stars and everyone gets on him saying what a dreadful manager he is then eat their words a few months later when he is proved right. Look at the whole Keano situation, everyone thought it was ridiculous to let him go, however look how well Utd have played since Xmas as a result of once again being able to play a fluid formation.

As far as Utd not challenging for the league this season, I think some of the comments have been grosssly unfair. Firstly Utd have been awesome since Xmas and that is without a single central midfielder. Secondly Utd are still putting up championship winning points totals except Chelsea have lifted the bar as far as consistncy goes and no one can get close at the moment, I would like to think that a couple of new midfielders will see Utd challenge strongly next year. Thirdly if you gave fergie £200 million to buy new players as has happened at chelsea I am sure he would deliver the league and be the "special one".

I hope Ruud stays but if he goes, well its not the end of the world and I am excited at Rossi as a prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Also if he goes it wont be to an English club, fergie wont sell him to a domestic competitor, it will probably be Real or AC.

Ruud has been quite selfish

maybe its not Fergies fault for once
    maybe Ruud is trying to get out

i can only see him going to Real madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I would probably side with SAF on this one, Ruud's attitude has been appaling since the carling cup final.

Has anyone else noticed that our best periods of the last two seasons have been when Ruud's not in the team? (While he was injured last season up until bringing him back to early for Milan and from carling cup to saha's minor injury this season) Maybe he sees the team working better with Saha, or what ever new striker they bring in.

As for possible suitors, I think it will be either AC Milan, Inter, Real Madrid or PSV. Don't reckon he will be too expensive after this ****e though. Probably 8-10 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

besty wrote:
    Ruud is a thoroughbred horse!

Well most Arsenal supporters thought there was a resemblence ?! ;)

On topic: When I saw him sulk off at the cup final I knew it was the end for him, I agree with others here, thanks Ruud you were a great servant to the club but it is the Club that I support and whatever helps it to glory I'm for it.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We all know who should be leaving Old Trafford and it isn't Ruud....... it's that egotistical...... so and so (if I used the words I REALLY wanted to say I'd get banned and sued for slander)

Ince, Stam, Beckham and Van Nistelrooy....... they all can't be in the wrong.

FERGUSON OUT!

<sarcasm> well you certainly know loads about football</end sarcasm>

Nobody is bigger than the club and if Ruud has been hissyfitting and having bust ups on the training ground, **** it, he is gone and rightly so. Ferguson adores Ruud as a player, do you actually think he is kicking him out because he thinks he is ****? He is kicking him out because of his lacklustre attitude. Rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

And what if they fail to challenge for the league or CL? Again. Supporters have been questioning Ferguson for two or so years now. His failure to deliver any trophies of note in that time give credence to the claims.

Everybody has a right to question who they want, nobody should be above that not even Fergie. I was just commenting because some of the previous posts about Ferguson were absolute over the top sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

My money is on ruud to be top goalscorer this world cup and sold for a buck load of money to PSV

Its been reported on Football365 that Ruud's comment was "Go talk to your Dad" at Ronaldo, They say he meant go talk to Carlos Quieroz but Ronaldos dad dying in September and all the rest... Could be load of nonsense and as ever always impossible to know what really happened. But as been said before ya dont cross fergie and tell the tale in a united shirt...Bye bye RVN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

johnor wrote:
    Its been reported on Football365 that Ruud's comment was "Go talk to your Dad" at Ronaldo, They say he meant go talk to Carlos Quieroz but Ronaldos dad dying in September and all the rest... Could be load of nonsense and as ever always impossible to know what really happened. But as been said before ya dont cross fergie and tell the tale in a united shirt...Bye bye RVN!

It's a true story alright, the chief reporter from the Manachester Evening News met with Rudd yesterday evening for an interview. He was then on Newstalk 106 around 750pm and relayed the key points of the interview.

After Rudd said what he said, Ronaldo shouted out that he didn't have a Dad and then he ran off crying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

EXCLUSIVE: The facts behind Ruud's walk-out
    Monday, 8 May 21:25 BST

Setanta Sports can EXCLUSIVELY reveal the story behind the bust-up that saw Ruud van Nistelrooy dropped from the Manchester United team to face Charlton, a bust-up that could well presage the end of the Dutchman's Old Trafford career.

Speaking to Daire O'Brien on Setanta Sports' The Hub, European Soccer Correspondent Graeme Hunter explained the incident that caused Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson to drop his star striker.

"In January, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo, who literally cannot stand the sight of each other, traded punches in training, and van Nistelrooy left Ronaldo with a broken face," Hunter explained.

"On Sunday, van Nistelrooy was not named in the Manchester United team, and as we all now know, he walks out.

"The roots are from a serious bust-up on the training pitch the day before, over a perennial row between the two. Ronaldo held onto the ball too long in training, and van Nistelrooy asked again: "Why do you keep onto the ball, why don't you pass to me? I am in position, I am the striker. Get the ball to me."

Hunter went on: "Ronaldo gives van Nistelrooy some lip, it ends up in a fight, and van Nistelrooy as he always does, needles into Ronaldo, and says "Yeah, yeah, go running to your Dad."

"He means Carlos Quieroz, Ferguson's assistant. Ronaldo's own father had died during the season, and finally, in the face of this abuse, Ronaldo burst into tears on the pitch and shouts "I don't have a Dad, he's dead."

This is the incident Sir Alex Ferguson spoke of after the game on Sunday when talked about a need to keep "team unity" at the club.

However, Hunter is not so keen to write off van Nistelrooy's Old Trafford career just yet.

"It is not necessarily the end for van Nistelrooy, because he is the goalscorer, and Ferguson still wants four strikers at the club.

"What Sir Alex may not know is that Cristiano Ronaldo is dead set on leaving Manchester United this summer, if Madrid will buy him. He personally has had enough of Manchester United, and English football. So, it may be that we are left with Ronaldo saying that he wants to go, and that van Nistelrooy and Ferguson may make their peace."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i dont want either of them to go. it will be interesting to see if they play tonight. i think if fergie is going to let either one go he must play them to let the fans say goodbye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well its been well known for a long time now that Ruud was the biggest a**hole at OT and he didn't get on with most of the players so I'm nove overly surprised by this.

As for the fans calling for Fergies head over this I really have to laugh. Chances are these are the same fans, if they are even united followers for that long, that called for his head after, hughes/ince, beckham, keane, stam etc... Time and time again he has been proved right.

"What Sir Alex may not know is that Cristiano Ronaldo is dead set on leaving Manchester United this summer, if Madrid will buy him. He personally has had enough of Manchester United, and English football. So, it may be that we are left with Ronaldo saying that he wants to go, and that van Nistelrooy and Ferguson may make their peace."

Tell me for the love of God that this is not true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

In fairness I think its hilarious thast Man U players are fighting with each other but FOR ONCE I feel sorry for Van Diver. Ronaldo is muck, cant hit a free kick to save his life and blems it wide when other players are in better positions to score, if I was RVN I'd hate him too. Then Ronaldo gets on the team of the season, what a f-ing joke. It was surely a case of "Wait a minute only ONE Man U player on the team of the season, we better change that so!".

Hard to say where he will go, most teams wont touch a striker that can't score from outside the box (unless Kiely is in net and lets it slip under him) or cant head a ball either.

All good :)

[QUOTE=BolBill
    Hard to say where he will go, most teams wont touch a striker that can't score from outside the box (unless Kiely is in net and lets it slip under him) or cant head a ball either.

All good :)[/QUOTE]

I hope this is a troll and you don't honestly believe what you wrote. :rolleyes:
    Most teams would kill for a striker like Ruud and he will be hard to replace. So what if he doesn't score from outside the box(you are actually wrong about that anyway - run from 1.2 way line vs Fulham)

Could write more but TBH I don't think its a troll and not worthy of a length reply.

TheMonster wrote:
    I hope this is a troll and you don't honestly believe what you wrote. :rolleyes:
    Most teams would kill for a striker like Ruud and he will be hard to replace. So what if he doesn't score from outside the box(you are actually wrong about that anyway - run from 1.2 way line vs Fulham)

Could write more but TBH I don't think its a troll and not worthy of a length reply.
    Don't raise Monster. BolBill is regularly around on Utd threads, bringing this RVN being a bad player up constantly etc. Not worth replying to.

Hes over rated, ever since Becks left he has not been the same. The system now suits Rooney more than him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I remember a thread about 10 months ago questioning the team spirit in the United training camp. There were loads of incidents tto be talked about.

Rio, keane, keane ronaldo, keane again!!

Of course Fergie lovers said the whle thing was a conspiracy etc etc.

Now of course the truth comes out.

Keane has a bust up with fergie, out he goes.

Ruud has a bust up with Ronaldo. out one goes, question marks over the other.

Maybe the problem here is Fergie and Quieroz

As regards Ronaldo, its been well known that he hates manchester (The city!)
    Wants to move to a warmer climate and play more technical football. Id be surprised if he went this summer but a long term stay at united like giggs and scholes he wont be. 2 years and he will be gone regardless.

Don't raise Monster. BolBill is regularly around on Utd threads, bringing this RVN being a bad player up constantly etc. Not worth replying to.
    lol - started a rant and then realised that was what he wanted - the ignore button is far more effective :p

Yeah ignore the truth, typical Man U fan, living in a dream world :)

BolBill wrote:
    Yeah ignore the truth, typical Man U fan, living in a dream world :)
    BolBill wrote:
    Hes over rated, ever since Becks left he has not been the same. The system now suits Rooney more than him.
    Top scorers in teh Prem, Henry with 27. Ruud with 21. This in a team with a poor midfield, not supplying him, and he hasn't played all that much for the final 1/4 of the season. He's been found out alright.

What was that about a dream world. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

In fairness lads come on get a grip some of you. Don't be fooling yourselves trying to make the situation seem better than it really is. Van Nist is pure class and absolutely lethal. Look at his CL record, the bench mark for strikers. Says it all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

BolBill wrote:

In fairness, im a neutral on this whole thing and, really, thats just silly. Goals are goals and he scores them. Next you'll be complaining that noone would want Henry as he doesn't score many headers or tap in/fox in the box type goals. The only thing that would stopme wanting RVN in liverpools team is his age, id prefer a more long term solution for up front. That said he's still def got about 2 or 3 absolutely top class years left in him.

iregk wrote:

As for the fans calling for Fergies head over this I really have to laugh. Chances are these are the same fans, if they are even united followers for that long, that called for his head after, hughes/ince, beckham, keane, stam etc... Time and time again he has been proved right.
    how with the Keane affair was fergie right
    Keane had the guts to say to certain players what he taught of them
    the fans were thinking exactly same thing

thats why England wont win the world cup with Rio in the back

how with the Keane affair was fergie right
    Keane had the guts to say to certain players what he taught of them
    the fans were thinking exactly same thing

thats why England wont win the world cup with Rio in the back

Ferguson was right because Keane was acting like he was manager and bigger than the club. You don't slate your team mates in public. It's demoralising. You let the media do that. What sort of team spirit does that give off to the outside world? Nobody is bigger than the club and Ferguson knows that.

As for your last sentence, what do you mean? You should probably use some punctuation as your writing is seriously disjointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

~Rebel~ wrote:
    In fairness, im a neutral on this whole thing and, really, thats just silly. Goals are goals and he scores them. Next you'll be complaining that noone would want Henry as he doesn't score many headers or tap in/fox in the box type goals. The only thing that would stopme wanting RVN in liverpools team is his age, id prefer a more long term solution for up front. That said he's still def got about 2 or 3 absolutely top class years left in him.
    Don't feed the troll........

Not sure if it's been brought up on this thread yet but he was due to play at Keano's testamonial tonight, but instead is gone back to Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

ruud was just on sky sports news,didnt give much away but he said he has been in contact with roy keane about missing the game tonight

cheesedude wrote:
    Ferguson was right because Keane was acting like he was manager and bigger than the club. You don't slate your team mates in public. It's demoralising. You let the media do that. What sort of team spirit does that give off to the outside world? Nobody is bigger than the club and Ferguson knows that.

maybe if ferguson did somthing for once Keane wouldnt have to

Fergie made Keane the way he was

as for my last sentence

Didnt keane slate Rio and Roy was right

Rio is way over rated
    look at the chelsea versus Man utd match and soft goal given to Cole on a silver platter

Its probly a good thing that Rio is centre back for England for the world cup:D

• Advertisement

county wrote:
    ruud was just on sky sports news,didnt give much away but he said he has been in contact with roy keane about missing the game tonight
    Thats quite bad

i wonder does he want to play or is fergie stopping him

Tonight we'll see a brilliant player that gave 110% in every match
    United need a player like him still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

i wonder does he want to play or is fergie stopping him
    He was told not to be anywhere near the match. But as county said, he was on SSN and said he was in contact with Keane about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

cheesedude wrote:
    Nobody is bigger than the club.

Except ferguson. ;)

as for my last sentence

Rio is way over rated
    look at the chelsea versus Man utd match and soft goal given to Cole on a silver platter

As Beckham said tonight;
    Asked what qualities would be important in the new manager, Beckham added: "If you win games you survive the majority of the time. Team spirit has to be put together, that's one of the most important things.

"The teams that I have played in have always had amazing team spirit, that's important when you're on the pitch and off the pitch and I'm sure he'll do that first off."

Team Spirit = not going out on air and slating your team mates. You don't do it. It's wrong even if it was the truth(what he was saying that is).

as for my last sentence

Rio is way over rated

The sentence I have put in bold that you said is utter ignorance at best.

As for the rest....

As Beckham said tonight;
    Asked what qualities would be important in the new manager, Beckham added: "If you win games you survive the majority of the time. Team spirit has to be put together, that's one of the most important things.

"The teams that I have played in have always had amazing team spirit, that's important when you're on the pitch and off the pitch and I'm sure he'll do that first off."

Team Spirit = not going out on air and slating your team mates. You don't do it. It's wrong even if it was the truth(what he was saying that is).

• Advertisement
Advertisement