Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird "flaw" on samsung le32r73bd

• 07-05-2006 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

I got a samsung le32r73bd on friday and im very happy with it except it has two faint brighter spots on the screen at the exact same distance in from the left and right hand sides at the very bottom ( 20cm in both sides ).

Its not dead pixels. Its almost as if the base of the backlights are shinning through from the back.

its only noticeable on a dvd with a black bar at the bottom or during a dark screen when its full screen and impossible to see during the day.

Its a bit annoying at night though, especially the one of the left as its about an inch high and about half an inch across. The one on the right is barely noticeable but its unusual that they are at the exact same distance in.

Just wondering has anyone noticed this on the samsung r73's or any of the r7's? Or for that matter on any lcd tv's....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I just got the LE37R74BDX. I will check this on mine this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

cheers...

hard to figure out what it is.... having looked at it a few times now it really looks like 2 points where the backlights shining too strong, or reflecting off something inside the tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Just checked - I cant see this problem on mine.

If it is realy anyoying you I would get it replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

cheers Tommy

off the store again on friday so....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

had the same problem with a Philips, brought it back, as it was annoying and only getting worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement