Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs food poisening puts match in doubt.

• 07-05-2006 12:49pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Just word on Sky Sports News there - a large portion of the Spurs team have been hit with food poisening. FA are making a statement at 1 to shed light on whether their crucial match with West Ham will proceed or not.

Must have been to Wenger's for tea last night. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

It will be rotten luck if Spurs have to go ahead with this game even its just a handful of players out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This is crazy, like an episode of dream team.

BBC are now saying it is seven players out with food poisioning.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

BBC are now saying it is seven players out with food poisioning.
    Heh, apt signature! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

According to spurs website the match will go ahead as planned. This is so sad for spurs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

dont worry about it, carl fletcher will score in the 92nd minute and arsenal will lose in the champions league final, but luis amor rodriguez dies from a routine urine test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Bull**** it is, Spurs are gona win this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

This is crazy, like an episode of dream team.

Way ahead of you Royale, Carl Fletcher is 10-1, to be plucked from the crowd, go through 20 mins of intense training to get back up to fitness, start the game, score a hatrick in the 93rd minute, yes all three goals in the 93 rd minute and then to be taken off in the 94th minute with a career threatening injury and then a plane to crash into the ambulance and fletcher to save a girl before marrying her next summer.

10-1, easy money!

The game is to go ahead, horrible news for Spurs, hope it doesnt hinder them deservedly finishing 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think the sick players are:
    Robinson, Dawson, Kelly, Davenport, Murphy, Lennon, Barnard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

eirebhoy wrote:

According to Sky Sports News Mido and Keane are very doubtful too.

• Advertisement

What's the deal with match day squads? When do you have to name one? Can Pardew put out a rubbish team as well now or would he have to have named his 16 before the news broke out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

eirebhoy wrote:

So says a thread on Spurs site FTL.

Rumours Jenas might be drafted back in.

Not confident at all, but if we win and get 4th, then the performance will go down in history.

According to Sky Sports News Mido and Keane are very doubtful too.
    I think Keane was always going to miss it as Jol said he has a 10% chance of making it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

was gutted to hear about this, and especially for our key players like robinson dawson and lennon to be missing. AND i had €5 on Lee Barnard to score... oh well... i'll do without the money after a 3-1 win with teddy sheringham scoring a hat-trick of own goals! :)

Alleged line-up:

cerny
    lee
    kelly
    davenport
    gardner
    murphy
    tainio
    davids
    huddlestone
    reid
    barnard

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Seen this scrolling across the screen at the gym, bit of a shocker considering that for some teams a lot is hinging on this.

Richard Keys(SS1) has confirmed it's 10 players down with food poison. Police called in at the suspect of foul play :eek:

WH are just under 4-1 to win this !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

french cuisine suspected :)

growler wrote:
    french cuisine suspected :)

Bon Apetit :) ... that's pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

The Chef must be a Gooner;)

Very hard on Spurs, hope to hell they win anyway they deserve fourth, by the way they've just annouched the team and there are only two changes form last week and Keane is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

you never know this could really inspire spurs, I expect to see some amazing runs today...

i'll get my coat

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

There's a lot of pressure on the Spurs players, they must be shíting themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

eirebhoy wrote:

That actually the team?!?! or very VERY creative photo-shopping!!! :p
    if that IS the team that is fantastic news!

eirebhoy wrote:

How many are fully fit though?

Keane certainly can't be, f*ck knows who of the 10 food poisoned are in that line-up. Will only know at 3pm I suppose.

ditpoker wrote:
    That actually the team?!?! or very VERY creative photo-shopping!!! :p
    if that IS the team that is fantastic news!

Confirmed by the head of the TH Supporters Trust.

That's a strong team. But you've got to think at least half of those playing aren't anywhere near full fitness if Spurs requested the game be called off. Either that or they were chancing their arm.

I find it impossible to walk 10 yard with food poisoning, never mind play a match. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Spurs are lucky they play with dark shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

A lot of them will be grand for a while. But they will probably feel really weak and sapped of energy in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well I think it stinks.

The cops should be called in, I've heard that Spurs players were all going to be tested after full time.

At the very least I can see some kitchen staff getting sacked in Spurs Hotel. Not sure which one it is but it's in Canary Wharf if I heard right on Newstalk.

I can see this one going to court, after all I'm sure Spurs were forced to play under protest. Having 10 players out with food poisoning is definitely a valid reason for postponing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I assume they makesure this cant happen , but what if say 6 of them started pukeing at half time. Would they have had grounds for an abandonment and rematch or would it have been tough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Well I think it stinks.

I can see this one going to court, after all I'm sure Spurs were forced to play under protest. Having 10 players out with food poisoning is definitely a valid reason for postponing.

I would imagine it is a breach of their human rights if they were forced to play the match while not fit to carry out their duty. They are employees working for a company after all. Footballers have rights too. I would have thought this situation would have been enough to postpone the game a few days. Very hard luck on spurs, they deserved to finish in a champions league spot, not that I care to much been a pool fan ;)

I think a lot of solicitors will make a shedload of money from this IF police find this was deliberate.

I've heard from the head of the club's supporters trust that Daniel Levy is furious the club were put in the position they were, i.e. a 2 hour delay. I did find myself wondering why they were able to offer that, and not a 24 hour (or 29 hour to an 8pm kick-off tomorrow). Either kick off can or cannot be moved. Police advice precluded the 4 hours requested by Spurs (cos they feared crowd trouble after another 4 hours drinking). I heard West Ham were conducive to a postponment by the way.

This one will run.

clown bag wrote:
    I would imagine it is a breach of their human rights if they were forced to play the match while not fit to carry out their duty. They are employees working for a company after all. Footballers have rights too. I would have thought this situation would have been enough to postpone the game a few days. Very hard luck on spurs, they deserved to finish in a champions league spot, not that I care to much been a pool fan ;)

The Premier League did not force the players to play though, Spurs had the option of calling up players from the reserves and the lesser lights of the first team squad (Naybet, Bunjevcevic, Marney, Jackson etc) I understand that was the potition adopted by the Premier League.

Spurs gave the players a run out in the pre-game warm up, those who felt capable of playing played. Tough call for the likes of Carrick and Dawson to make, and that showed over 90 minutes. Apparently, Dawson collapsed during the warm up...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Way ahead of you Royale, Carl Fletcher is 10-1, to be plucked from the crowd, go through 20 mins of intense training to get back up to fitness, start the game, score a hatrick in the 93rd minute, yes all three goals in the 93 rd minute and then to be taken off in the 94th minute with a career threatening injury and then a plane to crash into the ambulance and fletcher to save a girl before marrying her next summer.

10-1, easy money!

The game is to go ahead, horrible news for Spurs, hope it doesnt hinder them deservedly finishing 4th.
    ha ha fletcher scored for the hammers, they got him is a huge twist of faith to sign the day of his suspected signing for spurs. His Ex-girlfriends mother had played an integeral role in precedings or so the dragons.net says

Advertisement