Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Stlye Pancakes

• 07-05-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the mood for some American style pancakes.. you know the type that are really fat and you can drown them in maple syrup?

I remember there used to be a place called Chompys in the Powerscourt centre that did them... but I think that place is gone now.

Any know of anywhere else that is good for them in the Dublin City Centre?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Yeah the guy who owned Chompy's moved back to the USA with his wife. They also used to have the best baked cheesecake.

The only other place I know of that does those style of pancakes is Cafe Crema in Rathmines, but I'm sure there must be other places too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 framesaver

Crema closes its doors today (May 24th) for the last time (sob!). Long live its cinnamon buns...

Chompys was a great spot too.

Anyway, the cafe upstairs in Habitat looking out onto Dame St. serves up some pretty good American style pancakes these days. I have a feeling that CYO just up from Whelans on Wexford St still does them too.

Plus now you can buy Betty Crocker American style pancake mix in most big Dunnes & Tescos ands make your own at home. We used to import Aunt Jemima mix from Canada, but the Crocker stuff now means we don't have to bother anymore. Hope that helps!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

framesaver wrote:
    Crema closes its doors today (May 24th) for the last time (sob!). Long live its cinnamon buns...
    Nooooooo! I spent so much of my youth in there drinking gallons of coffee. The memories....

OT: If you're in town early in the day the Elephant and Castle do American Style pancakes as part of their breakfast menu. Very tasty. They do some other tasty breakfasty things too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh great... thanks for reminding me about this particular craving....

Now if only I could find a place in Prague that does them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 framesaver

Oh great... thanks for reminding me about this particular craving....

Now if only I could find a place in Prague that does them...

I know this'll make me sound like some kind of crazed international pancake gourmand, but Red Hot 'n' Blues in Prague does them! We were there in January and it was a great spot to start the day in...

Here's their website with address and breakfast menu:

http://www.czrb.cz/detail.asp?detail=9&code=129

Now, off to find more pancake-serving restaurants!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oooh... only a 5 minute walk from my hotel as well.. good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I wonder will the IHOP ever come to Ireland. I adore their panckaes and hash browns.

Advertisement