Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typed up notes for history, english, philosophy? anyone? :)

Options
  • 07-05-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

I don't really keep the best notes and now when i've started my panicked study i'm finding that my notes are vague and pretty useless without extensive background reading... So.. if there are any laptop users (or people who followed up their lecture-note-taking with organised typing) around here who sit the above subjects could they possibly PM me or post them here for the benefit of anybody as useless as myself?

I can offer rewards in the form of karma and.. umm... poorly made sandwiches?

PS: on that note: what i meant to do, before the end of the year, was set up some kind of note buying & selling service. My plan (that i never followed through with) was to put a notice on the projector dealy with contact details asking if anybody had/needed notes for the course in question. Then photocopy the best notes, get a list of the people who want them and pay the note taker and charge the note receivers.. eg note taker gets e30, receivers pay 10xe3. It seems simple... But i never tried. Anyone think this would/wouldn't work?

So... if anybody can help (most urgently with high middle ages notes) I would be eternally grateful!

Edit: First year! ^_^'. Thanks Elmyra... seems to have been a pretty stupid oversight on my part..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

What year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah that was my plan until i lost all my notes so sorry mate I cant help. What I am doing is downloading all the blackboard notes and reading the Backman book on the relevant chapters. Panicing aswell.

Im focusing on

Popular Revolts
    Crusade
    Heresy
    Islamic Influence
    Avignon Papacy
    Exploration East and West

Sorry I cant be more help

Ill be at the exam hall very early indeed (Pat Mustard Style) in my itsy bitsy tiny wini red and pokodot machiney if you want a read of the book a bit or blackboard notes???

PS: Ohh King Ralph is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

pretty similar here..
    Crusades, Islamic influence & heresy (identical section A.. ooh!)
    &
    Black Death, Popular Revolts, Hundred Years War & Expansion East (1 off for B)

(Edit: *wonders what the machiney is, figures it's grimes' car, wonders if he's being propositioned*. Umm... I will also be there early! and only have the crap books (Rosenwein & Oxford illustrated medieval history). So yes.. i'll take you up on that..)

Actually I should've known since you're doing 3 subjects. Sorries!

Did Elva not tell you the questions? She usually does. Black Death all the way.

elmyra wrote:

I dont think we had elva this time. Or did we? I can never remember. What the plan is , is to avoid what was asked in the Coursework cause now that its worth somthing asking it again would be akin to asking the question twice for equal marks. So that rules of the black death (and possible popular revolts)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

elmyra wrote:
    god that woman is an eejit

Grimes wrote:
    I dont think we had elva this time. Or did we? I can never remember. What the plan is , is to avoid what was asked in the Coursework cause now that its worth somthing asking it again would be akin to asking the question twice for equal marks. So that rules of the black death (and possible popular revolts)

In history you're allowed to answer on an essay you've already done. They often come up, just your good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Ferdi, your opinion on that lecturer has nothing to do with this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

We had two male lecturers. So no... we did not have elva this time :P oh attentive one!. And I doubt they'd leave those areas out completely.. The essay questions can be avoided easily enough, right?
    So far all i've studied is the Crusades so I should really get back away from this damn computer.

(though having about 30% of the overall grade secured already from CA is a nice feeling. It means i'm fighting for a high C or B rather than a pass. English & Philosophy, on the other hand... :o)

well if the black death comes up we are sorted because its the easiest topic on the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

If my internet connection is ever restored I should still have some typed english and philosophy notes. The English ones will be utterly useless to you of course (I think), but the philosophy courses seem to broadly identical.

I'll email them to you if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Wish I could help, but most of my notes would be useless. Although gimme a sec... wahey, I have my philosophy notes from first year. I'm a 3rd year now, but I'll give them to you anyway, what little good they'll do you. Most of my notes were on paper, so I don't have much, making it easy to read or alternatively easy to pretend to read!

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you what I have.
    passive wrote:
    PS: on that note: what i meant to do, before the end of the year, was set up some kind of note buying & selling service. My plan (that i never followed through with) was to put a notice on the projector dealy with contact details asking if anybody had/needed notes for the course in question. Then photocopy the best notes, get a list of the people who want them and pay the note taker and charge the note receivers.. eg note taker gets e30, receivers pay 10xe3. It seems simple... But i never tried. Anyone think this would/wouldn't work?

This I have a problem with. Firstly, the people who'd want the notes wouldn't be there in the first place to see the ad. Secondly, the people selling their notes, which entrepreneurially clever, would be asses! If you're going to share notes, do it because you want to help someone out, not because they're paying you! Where has common decency gone? Finally, my notes are crap, but I'm still not handing them out to just anyone when I need them myself. If you have an excuse, fine. But if you just didn't bother to turn up, it's not my problem. Especially if I don't have a clue who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

wiki + blackboard = Pass?
    Me hopes so. I can't find my bloomin' book, so it better be.
    Grimes wrote:
    well if the black death comes up we are sorted because its the easiest topic on the course
    Yeah...but...'tis icky. All that buboes, coughin' blood and flea's feasting on host's till they die from starvation....:eek:

Yeah...but...'tis icky. All that buboes, coughin' blood and flea's feasting on host's till they die from starvation....:eek:

Thats what makes it so memorable. Anyway got loads done in work tonight. Hopefully okay. 50/50

Advertisement