Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Solar Film

Options
  • 07-05-2006 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Can anyone tell me how to put solar film on car windows? i asked the guy in the shop but he didnt know either! its sumex. main questions:how does it stay on and whats the best way to cut it to shape?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thefastlane.ie

Window tinting is hard to get perfect, and I would not advise doing it yourself.

The film is cut on the outside of the glass, it is then applied to the inside of the window.

The back window is curved so the window film must be heat shrunk to fit the curve of the glass. This is very difficult to do right.

Also, the film you buy in a shop is probably just a dyed-film.
    This means that it is just for looks.

I use Llumar window tint.
    This is the best brand on the market and is a metalic dyed film which blocks 99% of UV light, and repels heat and glare from the sun. The film can also hold your window together in case of a breakage and in cases has even held the window as it was lowered and raised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

I tinted the windows on my old car by myself. Take your time and its easy. The best way is to make a paper template of the window and then cut out the film to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

watch yourself alan, it was a helpful post but less of the advertising

Advertisement