Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV broadband?

• 07-05-2006 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi
    Does anyone here have UTV broadband?

Their rates seem very competitive but I don't know anyone who has it.

Can anyone tell me if it's reliable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Yeah it's great, very reliable. And you get free eve/wkend calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

have a read of this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fignon03

excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I have had it for over a year now and its a great service

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

UTV are very poor to deal with.

They have no idea of their legal obligations and ignore Comreg.

If there's a technical fault its always their upstream provider and never themselves..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

parsi wrote:
    UTV ....

If there's a technical fault its always their upstream provider and never themselves..

Well this would be true actually since they are AFAIK only a Bitstream Reseller. Only the Billing really or a UTV SMTP server etc can they be blamed for!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

watty wrote:
    Well this would be true actually since they are AFAIK only a Bitstream Reseller. Only the Billing really or a UTV SMTP server etc can they be blamed for!

They host their own DNS and they do have their own backbone (of some sort) which for a while used regularly fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭WILKEL

I have utv broadband and phone package for about 14 months now - i have had no issues whatsoever with the service neither has my brother who has it for about the same time.
    Just my personal experience - :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

It seems like people who have had no problems (like me) are happy with them.

People who have problems hate them.

To be fair the same can be said of BT too.

One drawback - they have a cancellation charge. Afaik the others dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

I've been with UTV for about 14 months now and I have never had a problem with the service; I've found it very reliable and solid, I think it only went down once within that time (for about 2 hours). The one thing about them (when compared to other providers) is that their caps are miserly, but I went for the unlimited cap option about 1-2 months ago and that's working out great so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I've had UTV for nearly 2 years now. Verry little in the way of problems. download caps are a joke and the charges for going over them are outrageous.

The prices are a joke in comparison with the combined line rental/broadband prices offered by Smart and others. For 3Mb a month, including line rental it costs me just over €69.

Also they treat current customers like sh!t, no price reductions in line with standard prices offered to new signups.

I would ditch them in a heartbeat if I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

John R wrote:
    I would ditch them in a heartbeat if I could.
    Then why dont you move to BT or Eircom if they are that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

I have been with UTV for about 18 months and have had no trouble (touches wood!) Also have the phone package which is free for calls made at evenings and weekends. Worked carefully your monthly bill would be €54.17 (€29.99 for BB, €24.18 line rental - the big ripoff)

Advertisement