Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

dimerocks wrote:
    I think he wants us to think we are in a club, but really its oww my brain. Was crying shame the same track as Easy Tiger, i can't remember what songs i have.
    Crying Shame has the words "It's a Crying Shame" repeated in the chorus as far as I remember.

SMBH does remind me of a tune you might hear in a club though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

What are the other 5 tracks you've heard like? I really can't wait for this album. It hurts :(

edit: Also where did you hear them? If you cant say then nevermind.

Just saw this on channel 4 website:
    "12:05am - Muse video exclusive
    Theatrical goth-lite stylings ahoy!"
    http://www.channel4.com/music/ontv/M/maytelly.html

Goth-lite? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I've listened to Muse since someone threw the first official EP in my face, and loved them ever since. There is no Muse song I actually dislike. Apart from supermassive black hole.

Alright, there are some parts I like - the distorted voice after the chorus, for one. The all-falsetto singing really didnt work out in this track - and the live version's harmonics made to sound like DJ Scratches are utter piss.

So thinking my favorite band were absolutly destroyed, I caught a hold of the Knights of Cydonia live mp3, and its smashing. Looking forward to the album again. I'd reccomend it to any Muse fan dissapointed with supermassive.

• Advertisement

www.muse-download.com
    2 new tracks (Supermassive black hole, Knights of Cydonia) and time is running out from the BBC thing are online there!

edit: Knights of Cydonia fúcking rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

MrJoeSoap wrote:

is that the song playing on that link? i dont know what to make of this at all. it may well grow on me but it isnt a song that would make the casual listener proclaim "**** me this Muse band is ever so good"
    Knights of Cydonia fúcking rocks

i concur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

wow SMBH quite possibly one of the worst songs ive ever heard, not to mind bad for muse's taste.. o well another favourite band of mine completely destroyed, and knights of cydonia isn't good either... o well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Listening to it now. omg...what in christs name is this crap?? I used to really like muse. Innovation is one thing, but putting out sh!t like this is inexcuseable

Listening to it now. omg...what in christs name is this crap?? I used to really like muse. Innovation is one thing, but putting out sh!t like this is inexcuseable
    Well as already said, its nothing like the rest of the album.

At least they aren't churning out the same songs I guess, Matt has said that things were getting a bit tentative recording the album so he just wanted to try something completely different, which is fairly acceptable for one song on a fourth album I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    At least they aren't churning out the same songs
    True, but thats still doesnt excuse how bad that song is. I mean its terrible.
    Im all for innovation in a band but when it leads to sh!te like this, tbpfh, id prefer they just released something that sounds like thier older stuff so i might actually enjoy it.

Did anyone see the video last night on channel 4? It's weird. They're playing their instruments wearing weird masks.. strange video but it was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5QltJAtJws&search=muse%20supermassive%20black%20hole

Cheers! ^

Just thankful this wasnt the video!...

http://mapage.noos.fr/museandamuse2/smbh/smbh_loader.swf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

The video is great. Fat owl guy and waterfall man... interesting

The song doesn't seem half bad now...

Knights of Cydonia and Starlight are better though. Played at the bbc show on the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Like the majority here I really didn't like it at first, but it's a grower!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Girls Aloud backing music
    Scissor Sisters vocals
    Lyrics Pete Doherty wouldn't even write...

Awful song, when i first heard the intro I was thinking why is girls aloud (or some middle of the road "Edgy industrial" pop) is being played so late at night.

I thought a name like supermassive black hole would lead to the kind of epic sound of Stockholm Syndrome or Plug In Baby, but this is shíte.

weemcd wrote:
    Girls Aloud backing music
    Scissor Sisters vocals
    Lyrics Pete Doherty wouldn't even write...

Awful song, when i first heard the intro I was thinking why is girls aloud (or some middle of the road "Edgy industrial" pop) is being played so late at night.

I thought a name like supermassive black hole would lead to the kind of epic sound of Stockholm Syndrome or Plug In Baby, but this is shíte.

Give it time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

At first I wasn't too impressed, but it grew on me very quickly. I like it a lot.

And it really might be "Space shields".

Zillah wrote:
    At first I wasn't too impressed, but it grew on me very quickly. I like it a lot.

And it really might be "Space shields".

Its glaciers ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Well, it is called "super massive blackhole", which immediately puts it in space. So maybe there are space shield protecting something from the forces of the black hole, and they're melting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

just heard that they are playing in the point on november 3rd...not sure if it is true or not however. my fried told me but i didn't get a source of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

dimerocks wrote:
    just heard that they are playing in the point on november 3rd...not sure if it is true or not however. my fried told me but i didn't get a source of him

yeah it is true, its on the ticketmaster site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dimerocks wrote:

if that's true i'm so there...

absolutely love the video to this song, i don't know why but them kinda mask thingys the band are wearing look top notch. (odd i know)

the song is good too, totally not what i was expecting from new muse material, but i heard somewhere that the rest of the album is different.

I'm soooo there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

sweet, definitely getting me a pair to that gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/944747
    :) Whoot.
    On sale on the 30th of this month, but it doesn't say how much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

i really do see another PJ happening with this one, every one of my friends i have said it to has said that they'd definitely go, does anyone know how long in advance you can reserve tickets in sound cellar?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

My God. Now THATS a Muse song! That on their new album?

• Advertisement

Oh yes Im so there

Advertisement