Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Drawing

• 07-05-2006 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wonderin how many quetions you have all prepared coz i dont have any extras?????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Yeah i am only doing 8 as well. My teacher had planned to 10 but we ran out of time.

Im doing
    Paper 1
    Q1. Lines of intersection
    Q3. Solids in Contact
    Q4. Interpenetration
    Q7. VTH

Pater 2
    Q1. Perspective view
    Q2. Roof Geometry
    Q3. Shadow
    Q5. Skew boreholes

I know we goin to roadworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭whassupp

i'm doin:

paper 1:
    Q1 planes
    Q3 solids in contact
    Q5 Loci
    Q6 Conics

paper 2B

Q2 roofs
    Q4 shell structures
    Q5 skew boreholes
    Q6 hyperbolic parabloid

Loci dont you use that to find a spear/cone in solids & contact? What is it like in a full ques?

i think its called loci. its the question where you roll an object along a line using loci. it possibly the easiest question on the paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I have or plan to have these prepared for the day:

Paper 1

Lines of Intersection
    Theorem Question
    Solids in Contact
    Interpenetration
    Loci

Paper 2

Roadworks
    Skew Boreholes
    Roof Geometry
    Perspective
    Hyberpolic Parabloids

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Did Tech drawing last year(got a1), here's the questions in order of difficulty, IMO:
    Solids in contact. The bit about the tangent plane is the same every year. Possible to finish in very quickly, allowing you to persist at Interpenetration
    Loci. Our teachers had a mix up and we never learned this question, but still some of my friends attempted this last year for the first time ever, and got it reasonably done out! Probably the easiest, but i'd guess it would take longer that SIC
    Lines of intersection. Easy if you understand the views.
    VTH. You get alot of marks by copying down whats on the question, and normally the extra bits are easy enough.
    Interpenetration. Easy to understand, it just takes alot of time and requires good draughtmanship. Often one of the 4 qtns above is a pig, so this is a dependable 80% mark, even if you get hardly any of the lines drawn out, just locate the intersection points.
    Theorem. We never did this. I used to love the look of it, but too much learning!
    Conics. We did this, but there's alot of theory in this. If you knew it all(which would be quite an acheivement) it would probably only take you a few minutes

I did the engineering applications for paper 2, which is a pile o' piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Paper 1:
    Q1 Lines and Planes
    Q2 Areas of Figures
    Q3 Solids in contact
    Q4 Intersection of Solids
    Q5 Special Curves
    Q7 Oblique Plane

Paper 2:
    Q1 Perspective
    Q2 Roof Geometry
    Q4 Whatever this is called
    Q5 Mining Geomerty
    Q6 Hyperbolic Parabaloid
    Q7 Roads

TD is my favourite subject =)

i think the easiest questions are mining, planes, loci, roads and conics

Areas of figures is the easiest option imho

Raphael wrote:
    TD is my favourite subject =)

Yeah I like the subject but im not that good at it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

raph, you seem good, ive had an atrocious teacher who's done nothing but come into class and look depressed for 2 years, help! what questions should i revise? im look to pass, a c would be the greatest miracle of our time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Far as I remember (long time ago) Loci was the best question on the paper - possibly not the easiest but if you were taught it properly and practiced it then you could do the whole question in about 20 minutes unless they found a really difficult way of asking the question.

It saved my ass as I messed up on another question and ended up redoing a part of it two or three times, so the time earned from Loci was a god-send!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

i also reccomend looking at the planes. part a and b are the same every year and carry most of the marks. also hyperbolic parabloid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

If anyone doesn't do these:

Special curves (or loci, whatever)
    Interpenetration
    Road geomoetry (earthworks)

Youre mad cos they are freaking simple. This is a hopeful A subject for me. Again, HOPEFULLY.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Q.1 on paper 1 - 80% of the marks are for the same things each year. Line of intersection, dihedral angle & shortest distance. You can't be gifted anything more.

Ugh, hate roads. They're just so goddamn awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

The only questions I haven't covered are no 2 on paper 1 (theorem) and question 3 paper 2 (shading). The road question takes me ages so I'll avoid that like the plague, interpenetration gets really complicated and takes me too long. I may try avoiding the perspective drawing on paper 2 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

you seem well prepared. ive no extra questions so if a tricky one comes up im fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Advertisement