Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-submission of an essay

Options
  • 07-05-2006 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Ok, so I've ballsed up. It's 3 weeks since my second Archaeology essay was due and I've still not written anything. Basically, we were given 3 topics we could write on and I only know stuff about one, which I wrote about in an essay I handed up in March.

I don't see anywhere in the class guidelines or anything like that, that I can't submit an essay on that same topic for the second time. So my question is, if I fixed up some of my errors and resubmitted that as my second essay, would they mark it?

[/desperate]:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

To be honest I don't think any department would let you do that. Why would they? You've already been assessed on that area of the course.

Also, as far as I know, you can only submit essays up until the exams start. Once the exams begin the department won't accept any late essays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

To be honest I don't think any department would let you do that. Why would they? You've already been assessed on that area of the course.

Also, as far as I know, you can only submit essays up until the exams start. Once the exams begin the department won't accept any late essays.

Ah frick. Thanks Peachy - the original plan was to submit an essay last week. Guess I should've done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ya id say ur right i mean we are out of term now, the college year is over :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

PaulDoh wrote:
    Ok, so I've ballsed up. It's 3 weeks since my second Archaeology essay was due and I've still not written anything. Basically, we were given 3 topics we could write on and I only know stuff about one, which I wrote about in an essay I handed up in March.

I don't see anywhere in the class guidelines or anything like that, that I can't submit an essay on that same topic for the second time. So my question is, if I fixed up some of my errors and resubmitted that as my second essay, would they mark it?

[/desperate]:(

Are you First Year Archaeology?

If you're 1st year which I suspect by you mentioning the 3 topics it's an absolute NO that you can do the same essay twice.

First essay which you did is worth 20% and the second essay is worth 40%. If you are in either Arch 10030 or Arch 10040 DO YOUR ESSAY NOW! (new title of course)

I'm saying this because with regards to offical Archaeology coursework submissions it states....

''1. Coursework recieved at any time within two weeks of the due date will be graded, but a penalty will apply.
    a. Coursework submitted at any time up to one week after the due date will have the grade awarded reduced by two grade points (for example, from B- to C).
    b. Coursework submitted more than one week but up to two weeks after the due date will have the grade reduced by four grade points (for example, from B- to D+).

2. Coursework recieved more than two weeks after the due date will not be accepted.
    ''

Officially they want a doctors note or something but if you ask very nicely they may let you away with a grade deduction. Archaeology department are fair and sound but get that essay in ASAP as it is worth alot (on presumption you're in 1st year of course)

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Are you First Year Archaeology?

If you're 1st year which I suspect by you mentioning the 3 topics it's an absolute NO that you can do the same essay twice.

First essay which you did is worth 20% and the second essay is worth 40%. If you are in either Arch 10030 or Arch 10040 DO YOUR ESSAY NOW! (new title of course)

I'm saying this because with regards to offical Archaeology coursework submissions it states....

''1. Coursework recieved at any time within two weeks of the due date will be graded, but a penalty will apply.
    a. Coursework submitted at any time up to one week after the due date will have the grade awarded reduced by two grade points (for example, from B- to C).
    b. Coursework submitted more than one week but up to two weeks after the due date will have the grade reduced by four grade points (for example, from B- to D+).

2. Coursework recieved more than two weeks after the due date will not be accepted.
    ''

Officially they want a doctors note or something but if you ask very nicely they may let you away with a grade deduction. Archaeology department are fair and sound but get that essay in ASAP as it is worth alot (on presumption you're in 1st year of course)

Good luck :)

Thanks for that. Well it's 3 weeks after the essay due date so I'll have to ask really nicely I suppose and try to hand it in on Tuesday. Ah, that'll learn me. I'm not even an arts student - I was just stuck with this as an elective because there was really nothing else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement