Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIFE FESTIVAL 9-11 June at the CASTLE!!

• 07-05-2006 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭

http://www.life-festival.com
    flyerfront.gifflyerback.gif

LIFE will provide you the excuse to enjoy the amazing "Cahrleville Castle" in Co. Offlay on
    occasion of the celebration of great camping-based weekend of large
    and small stage concerts, dances, workshops and jam sessions. A
    licensed bar and a variety of food and craft stalls will add color
    and atmosphere to the Festival

INTERNATIONAL Live acts, Bands and Djs will performance at the Main

"Future Soul Stage ", World beats alternative "Green stage" and the
    Chill out Dream Zone. This is a showcase highlighting participating
    artist from several worldwide countries.

LIFE festival will count with some of the most representative names
    (live & djs) in the psyscene but also features Celtic, Tribal
    Belly dance, Gypsy, Indian, African, and Tribal Fusion styles! Drums,
    percussion...

The 2 indoor multimedia rooms will handle exhibitions, installations
    and also workshops with the aim of expanding thought about the
    integral role of audio and video resources and how to use them to
    be creative in video and audio production.

This will for sure be Ireland's most exciting alternative festival.
    As can be read in all the posts in the internet and preflyer:
    "There will be a limited number of tickets available becouse best
    of all The Festival is intimate. It feels as though the artists are
    playing in your back yard, a private concert just for you.
    In this day and age of huge arenas, we invite you to get back to your musical
    roots by treating yourself to a festival experience that is rare
    and precious. We bet you will become a member of our "Family for Life"
    making the musical pilgrimage to The Life Festival year after
    year, to join the cosmos, under the full moon."

The tickets are already announced
    There will be vaious presale periods and prices. Limited amount of
    tickets for every presale period.
    The next presale period will be either when all the tickets for that
    period or the days left are gone .

Love & Life
    Tickets online and at Outlets:
    ou can get your Tickets at the presale price Now
    In Dublin:
    RED EYE shop. 4 Crow Street (temple Bar) Dublin2
    SPINDIZZY RECORDS, 32 Georges St, Arcade, Dublin 2, (01) 6711711

Cork :
    Plugged Records, Washington Street,

Northen Ireland:
    Darrell Johnston -Future Beat- Mobile Phone: UK dial 0782141562 Rest of the world dial 0044 7821415629

London. ANTIWORLD events. www.antidote909.com

www.life-festival.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

So underground that ive never heard of any of the dj's or artists playing but that's besides the point it looks good and different which is what you want:)

PS-I notice you posted a link for Anti-world in London,i was at Anti-world in the SE1 club in London before a few years back,madness, hard trance and Acid Techno bit too manic for me and too many people fuc*ed on K but it might appeal to some people...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

i heard teknowarfare may have a rig at this...it that true ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TheTruthFairy

Couple of dreadfully critical points -

I would consider myself fairly down with the kids but I've hardly heard of any of these artists.

The music on that site is headwrecking, I had to turn my speakers off. I also despise the web design. The font is unreadable.

Tickets are rising in price depending on the time they are sold. This I deem to be unfair, tickets should be a flat price surely?

Can the announcer of this event not run a spell check?

Tickets are on sale in Spain. Are these musicians really big in Spain or something? If I lived in Spain I wouldn't bother flying to unsunny expensive Ireland for a music festival considering the vast amount of way cheaper stuff going on over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

truthfairy: Its a psytrance festival. That should explain all.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

I would consider myself fairly down with the kids but I've hardly heard of any of these artists.

The music on that site is headwrecking, I had to turn my speakers off. I also despise the web design. The font is unreadable.

Tickets are rising in price depending on the time they are sold. This I deem to be unfair, tickets should be a flat price surely?

Can the announcer of this event not run a spell check?

Tickets are on sale in Spain. Are these musicians really big in Spain or something? If I lived in Spain I wouldn't bother flying to unsunny expensive Ireland for a music festival considering the vast amount of way cheaper stuff going on over there.

I don't think it's fair game to come onto this thread and criticise something that you obviously aren't into. Each to their own. Psychadelic Trance has a very loyal following !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭neutronyx

You my be right form one point of view but
    -It's in did a big investment to run such a festival with so many acts visuals workshops etc... and we are not a big commercial promoter company full of money. So it's more than fair that the people helping us to pay the expenses as they come should be compensated with a lower price buying their tickets in advance

Already presale tickets sold in the website went to Spain, UK, France, Italy, Canada, USA, Germany, Holland, Belgium and Australia
    This is the first ever festival of its kind in Ireland, not about names, not about distances....just about the people.

Love & Life

Life Team

I'm not into psy Trance myself i like Old Skool Euro/German Trance,what musical styles would be at this festival apart from psy?Would there be any Old Skool House/Hardcore/Funky House/Drum N Bass,etc?

jonny68 wrote:
    I'm not into psy Trance myself i like Old Skool Euro/German Trance,what musical styles would be at this festival apart from psy?Would there be any Old Skool House/Hardcore/Funky House/Drum N Bass,etc?

Hi,
    There will also be
    Breaks from BREAKOLOGY
    Landscapes and Ambient from Departures247 artists & Psychonavigations Rec
    Electro presented by HOSPITAL Dublin
    plus
    REGGAE /Dub
    African Music
    Tribal
    Celtic & Traditional Music
    ...and some more

This is a Sponsors free event (No big names, No house, hardhouse, EuroTrance, ...and also no commercial or any mainstream music).

Love & Life

..plus some quality techno presented by TEKNOWARFARE collective :D

Love & life

neutronyx wrote:
    Hi,
    There will also be
    Breaks from BREAKOLOGY
    Landscapes and Ambient from Departures247 artists & Psychonavigations Rec
    Electro presented by HOSPITAL Dublin
    plus
    REGGAE /Dub
    African Music
    Tribal
    Celtic & Traditional Music
    ...and some more

This is a Sponsors free event (No big names, No house, hardhouse, EuroTrance, ...and also no commercial or any mainstream music).

Love & Life

I'm not into hard house or Euro Trance myself but no House Music?:eek: the whole scene was built on House Music,anyway some breaks sounds good enough,im gonna look into goin to this for the craic;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭keithdowney

Hi Jonny 68 you may like the Psychonavigation artists & DJ's who play a mix of Dub/Electronica/Breaks/Drum n Bass.We'll be playing on the Sayurday & Sunday.Full listings soon.

Best,Keith
    http://www.psychonavigation.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well if anyone wants to go to this and is interested in volunteering at it pm me. They need people to do 5 hours shifts at observation points. When you finish your shift join in on the craic and save the €80.

Volunteering covered. no more needed . Thanks :D

Love & Life
    www.life-festival.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 johnthesavage

Already have my tickets, can't wait to see what a proper trance party in Ireland will be like!
    conky_05 wrote:
    I don't think it's fair game to come onto this thread and criticise something that you obviously aren't into. Each to their own. Psychadelic Trance has a very loyal following !
    Agreed, if you don't know what psytrance is then have a listen to some, you might like it!
    Have a look at this video clip from the best ever party!

Here's a page with some good mixes to download for free: http://www.psytrance.cz/music.php

/....

What a weekend i have lined up the weekend of the June 9th,goin to Brighton for a rave on the Friday,fly back the Saturday nite then down to this Sunday morning doing volunteer work for a few hours then enjoy the rest of the festival/stay overnite/pull a sicky in work the next day,:D gonna try get a few mates to come as well but if they don't ill go down myself these type of festivals you will meetr only sound people and no skangers like Oxegen,anyone else reaching this festival?:)

Advertisement