Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

delaying items loading at startup from the registry ?

• 07-05-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

how do i delay something loading in the registry ? basically i want msn to auto load but dont want it to do so straight away as my router is connected but i want to do a pppoe connection in windows for torrents to have access to all ports so want to have msn wait for about 30sec before it trys to connect so that it dosnt get all confused as to which connection it is on. Anyone know how i can do this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

First, set MSN not to load from start-up (In MSN go to Tools -> Options -> General and at the top, uncheck the checkbox). Then, create a batch file as follows:

sleep.exe 30
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

Place the batch file in the Startup folder and it will load from startup. However, you will need to download the sleep.exe file. You can get it here: http://www.computerhope.com/dutil.htm (two-fifths the way down the page).

This isn't ideal for you but it still fundamentally does what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Chucky wrote:
    First, set MSN not to load from start-up (In MSN go to Tools -> Options -> General and at the top, uncheck the checkbox). Then, create a batch file as follows:

sleep.exe 30
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

Place the batch file in the Startup folder and it will load from startup. However, you will need to download the sleep.exe file. You can get it here: http://www.computerhope.com/dutil.htm (two-fifths the way down the page).

This isn't ideal for you but it still fundamentally does what you want.

Good Ol' Sleep.exe the admins companion.

Anyways, thats probably the best way of doing it! But i have a question, why not just double click your MSN Messenger desktop/quicklaunch/start menu icon ?

Would that not be the simplest solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Blitz wrote:
    why not just double click your MSN Messenger desktop/quicklaunch/start menu icon ?

I concur! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

could just click on it but wheres the fun in that ;-)

Advertisement