Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanhire to go to france?

Options
  • 07-05-2006 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Im wondering if anyone knows where I can hire a van to drive over to france. I need to move some stuff to Marseille and be able to drop the van off there and fly back. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd say you're very unlikely to be able to find any van hire firm that would allow you to do anything like that, at least not without charging you an arm and a leg to get the van back here again.

What kind of "stuff" is it? If it's household effects, you could try getting in touch with a French removals company in the Marseille area that has a job moving someone over here, and they'd be only too grateful to have something to bring back as opposed to returning empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Good thinking Alun.

I'll look into that.

Only think is that I know ye can do the van thing from the UK with some firms. ye get to france and change vans to a LHD. Just wondering if anyones tried anything like that here, its my excuse for a holiday aswell ye see..:P

Dave_W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 the chippie

try northgate vehicle hire @018665656 ,they are an english company that are also in europe . the chippie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd imagine AVIS Truck & Van Rental will rent you a van. You'll need to get AA five star insurance so as the van will be covered for all eventualities. But as Alun already said, it's unlikely that you will be able to get a one-way rental. Why not drive the van back?

http://www.jpmg.ie/avis_truck_van_rental.htm

Advertisement