Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can a personal customer use a business tarrif on O2?

• 07-05-2006 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Have been considering switching from vodafone prepay to an O2 postpay account for a few days. So I'm looking on O2 site and I see that business customers can make free O2 to O2 calls for €20/month. So I start thinking 'hmmm, wonder if I could sign up on the sneaky for that?'. I obviously don't have a business, let me point out!! Anyone ever tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

ya, you'll be able to sign up for a business tarrif no problem. Just remember that business tariff prices are shown ex vat, and you will have to pay the vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Thanks aCA, might give them a call so. €20 + VAT comes to €24.20 so tis a snip compared to some of their personal plans. I presume that I would have to buy/provide my own phone too. I'm sure there's a catch somewhere though lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

Im pretty sure that the 20euro a month charge, for free o2-to-o2 calls, is on top of your monthly tarriff fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

aCA wrote:
    Im pretty sure that the 20euro a month charge, for free o2-to-o2 calls, is on top of your monthly tarriff fee.

Yep, I'd say it's an add-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Pythia wrote:
    Yep, I'd say it's an add-on.
    id would think the same as i cannot see them giving free calls:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

The Line rental is E 20 pm ex Vat. This is a Price Plan,and not a add on. Yes you can. You will be set up as a Sole Private Trader. You may be required to pay a deposit approx E 200. But your bill's will be deducted from it.So if you were to sign up to Bussiness Unlimited. sp if your were to only make O2 to O2 calls. You would not have to pay any line rental for 10 months. Or if your first bill were to come in at say E 250. You would only pay the fifty with the rest being offset by the O2. They will provide you with a handset as well. As far as I know I think there is a Car Kit offer on at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Thanks starn. I guess most people dont want to pay so much up front. Can't hurt to suss it out with them at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

I have it on my personal billpay phone it is a price plan but is remember texts cost, unless you use webtext and must only call O2 numbers, although most of my work,friends and family are on O2

Advertisement