Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs for over 21s

Options
  • 07-05-2006 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of clubs in towns that arent full of 18 yr olds? Going in at the weekend, we're all 21-23ish, & usually go to d|two but im getting very sick of it now & looking for somewhere new!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Go to Bondi, it's deadleeee;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Go to Bondi, it's deadleeee;)

Please ignore this post, this place isn't full of 18 year olds, it's full of 16 year olds, no joke.

Try somewhere like Odeon or maybe Tram(p) co :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

lol i went to bondi ONCE & that was only cause i was going with the girls in work & it was close by. NEVER AGAIN.

someone else had actually suggested the odeon to me, so thats a possibility :) also considering howl at the moon, can be good sometimes too, but its a bit too spread out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

it's full of 16 year olds, no joke.

:p

Whats the problem?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Head into buskers in temple bar... ( forget about boomerangs down stairs). Buskers got the music for dancing, and its got a good mixed crowd, usually older.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah granny older!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Heyes wrote:
    Head into buskers in temple bar... ( forget about boomerangs down stairs). Buskers got the music for dancing, and its got a good mixed crowd, usually older.

ugh that place is a dive. I went there for a bit last summer, and it was ok, during this year its gone to the dogs completely. maybe wax or crawdaddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

buskers is a kip and FFS €20 entry fee on bank holiday weekends is redicolous.
    i use to go there when on occasion was out wit a particular group but thankfully i wont be joining them again, for the rest of my life.

it really depends on what exactly the original poster is looking for. i tend to go to venues depending on their genre of music...but im not the one looking for suggestions!!!

someone has now suggested the gaiety to me, anyone know if thats any good?
    T&#225 wrote: »
    it really depends on what exactly the original poster is looking for. i tend to go to venues depending on their genre of music...but im not the one looking for suggestions!!!

the kind of music you can dance to (that isnt dance music..). chart/pop stuff i suppose really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Club 92? Seems to be full of the "popes children" these days.

• Advertisement

sar84 wrote:

the kind of music you can dance to (that isnt dance music..). chart/pop stuff i suppose really.

There s a band playing and then an r n b dance floor up stairs. its alright not really somewhere that plays pop

ugh that place is a dive. I went there for a bit last summer, and it was ok, during this year its gone to the dogs completely. maybe wax or crawdaddy?

Crawdaddys is totally crap. Full of people there to be seen. and the music, and bands.. jesus get me out of there. Spent new years there, dont think ill be rushing back any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

sar84 wrote:

No, its crap.

The village or whelans or anywhere on wexford st. Its the new Temple Bar dont you know :)

thanks for all the suggestions :) now im just totally confused though, heh. maybe ill just make someone else choose! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You could try the new club above Winters Bar in Dundrum, it's over 23's though I haven't heard great reviews of it to date, it may be worth a try.
    The Odeons a good suggestion also.

Advertisement