Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Premiership coverage gripe (SCORES ENCLOSED)

• 07-05-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭

Am watchign premiership here on RTE and have seen two really dodgy amaturish decidsions.

1) Showing the Man U game first. If you're one of those who doesn't know the scores (or want to) and you watch Man U win 4-0... there's no need to watch the Liverpool game. Bill O herlihy summer it up "now that we've seen Man U win, the Liverpool game is rendered effectively meaningless". I thought the idea was to show the team trailing first...? Even showing only the goals of the Pool game and then extended highlights of the Man U game makes more sence.

2) No showing of Alonso's injury...? Would have thought that was a 'viewing point' considering the FA cup final's only 6 days away...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

agree completely with this! am watching premiership now and it is poorly produced. the best end of season highlights hsow was several years ago, when blackbrun won the prmeirship on the last day with united drawing at west ham, it was Match of the Day on BBC and they kept jumping between matches and making it really tense.. EVEN if you knew the outcome! was great tv, rte just not up to standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

Part of the problem is the 3 hour turn around for editing 10 matches I'd guess. Normally when the Premiership is shown on Saturday there are less games.

Of course another part of the problem is RTEs ineptitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I dont see the point of it being on so early. On saturdays they are on too soon to show the late game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I was switching over between the spurs game on rte1 and the gaa game on rte2 today and noticed that rte2 displayed "The Den" logo on the top right hand corner of the screen during the gaa game....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Typical! the programme is made by public servants not people who understand TV or sport!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

funnily enough, the 9 o clock news covered the Arsenal and Spurs games by jumping from one game to the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Did anyone see when Johnny Giles started slagging off the UEFA Cup"pointless", and then Bill interrupts " eh john we're showing that one". Thats why I love the coverage on RTE, you're always guaranteed a laugh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Roddy23 wrote:
    Did anyone see when Johnny Giles started slagging off the UEFA Cup"pointless", and then Bill interrupts " eh john we're showing that one". Thats why I love the coverage on RTE, you're always guaranteed a laugh.
    haha, class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Mossy Monk wrote:
    funnily enough, the 9 o clock news covered the Arsenal and Spurs games by jumping from one game to the other

...which shows that the news department are more in tune with sports than the sports department!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    Am watchign premiership here on RTE and have seen two really dodgy amaturish decidsions.

1) Showing the Man U game first. If you're one of those who doesn't know the scores (or want to) and you watch Man U win 4-0... there's no need to watch the Liverpool game. Bill O herlihy summer it up "now that we've seen Man U win, the Liverpool game is rendered effectively meaningless". I thought the idea was to show the team trailing first...? Even showing only the goals of the Pool game and then extended highlights of the Man U game makes more sence.

mach of the day did the same thing, obviously they aren't catering for people who havent heard the results anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Roddy23 wrote:

only in RTE:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I was really pissed off they didnt show more of the liverpool game. Showing uniteds and then glimpsing the goals in the pool game quickly before commentary on united. Surely with the number of pool fans in the country and the fact that its the last prem match we get to see for months AND that its the only one of the big 4 games that wasn't covered live earlier, would have been nice to see a bit more. Especially, as someone else said, the Alonso injury.

The way they were talking about RVN was hilarious too, yer man (cant remember his name, not Giles or houghton) saying Fergie had come to his senses (woken up and smelled the coffee i believe were the words) that Ruud wasn't doing it anymore and dropped RVN for Saha. RVN was the leagues leading scorer at the time, sounds like a pretty poor point to me..

Advertisement