Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on in the library?

Options
  • 07-05-2006 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Everyone has just been kicked out after the alarm went off. A few minutes beforehand a load of police were here, they were up in the female toilets in stats but wouldnt tell me why? They were wearing rubber gloves. I'm bored from studying and am curious as to whats going on.

I'm still here too even though most other people have been kicked out...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

This will sound bad but
    Guards+rubber gloves+bathroom=suicide (maybe)
    Do they look serious?

EDIT: Hope its not suicide.
    2nd EDIT: I am just guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Or drugs maybe?

Let's hope to God it's not a suicide!

besty wrote:
    Or drugs maybe?
    I thought of that but they wouldn't have kicked everyone out of the library if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

well i checked the bathroom after they left but there was nothing there.

i was so freaked going in, one, cause i'm not a lady, and two cause i didnt know what i'd find.

daram wrote:
    well i checked the bathroom after they left but there was nothing there.

i was so freaked going in, one, cause i'm not a lady, and two cause i didnt know what i'd find.
    Did they carry anything out with them?

• Advertisement

nope, two guards and an detective-y looking guy. not sure who he was, could have been ucd staff. he waited outside while the guards went in. they had nothing i dont think. there was a squad car, garda riot van and two detective cars outside for a while...

Could have been a hoax. Did they look pissed/confused?

not particularly. i was in a lift with them and asked what was going on? the female one said if she told me she'd have to kill me (in a typically country accent). dammit, i hope something cool happened.

(by cool i mean like, say, a bomb scare... not a suicide)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

unconfirmed report:

some girl was attacked/assaulted in the bathroom.

*Edited, as Elmyra suggested, until more is known*

Thank you Elmyra, my little conscience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Firespinner it could be a lot more serious than that. Be a little bit more sensitive until you know exactly what happened.

why'd they come up to stats then? it's been super quiet up here all day. about 10 people max, and I was talking to a guy who was sitting right at the door to the ladies, and he said no-one had been in there.

hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

elmyra wrote:
    Firespinner it could be a lot more serious than that. Be a little bit more sensitive until you know exactly what happened.

Why? Will it somehoe magically changed what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

No, but you could end up feeling bad about joking about it if it does turn out to be something sad or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's called compassion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lads how about we all quit the speculation until we know what happened.

If this turns into another "rumour" thread it'll be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

On a total sidenote (i'm sorry) (and this is probably a stupid question) think the library be packed tommorrow? (i never usually go in before exams)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Sangre wrote:
    Why? Will it somehoe magically changed what happened?

What are you, 10 or something? Of course it won't change anything. But that doesn't make it in any way okay. Laughing at a terrible car accident or something won't change anything either, but you just don't do it. Grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I was up in the 4th floor when it started going off and we were told to get out, most people just stayed though. Eventually I left cos the noise was getting annoying - hope no ones hurt or anything in the run up to exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Off-topic posting will get you banned.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm laughing at a terrible accident! Hilarious stuff that thing that might have happened, maybe. For all you know some lad got his mickey caught in his zippers while shagging his gf in the jacks. You have no idea what happened so I think I'll save the fake tears for now.

Library is usually grand once exams start. Most people are in RDS or getting ready to go.

blondie83 wrote:
    I was up in the 4th floor when it started going off and we were told to get out, most people just stayed though. Eventually I left cos the noise was getting annoying - hope no ones hurt or anything in the run up to exams
    But doesn't everyone get kicked out at 8.45 anyway?

im still there. although i'm hiding in stats really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Sangre wrote:
    But doesn't everyone get kicked out at 8.45 anyway?
    Yeah that was another reason I left! The alarm started going off about half eight or so. The people who actually left without their belongings were starting to look pretty pissed off outside when I saw them!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Did they ring the fire alarm? That's misuse of fire equipment - they could have used the PA system instead.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Anything further on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

the fire alarm was being tested. i presume they wanted to see if it was still working. they gave an announcement on the PA saying so.

my mother works in the library. she will tell me exactly what happened when she gets home from work on wednesday. i'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

my mother works in the library. she will tell me exactly what happened when she gets home from work on wednesday. i'll post it here.

Thats one hell of a shift...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

jazzy_jeff wrote:
    Thats one hell of a shift...

everyone's a comedian.

What i find interesting about this is all of your morbid fascinations with the possibility that something bad might have happened. its a bit like hanging ur head out a window to look at a car crash and then complaining about seeing something unseemly.

I guess the library can get boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

NotSoHappyCrackHead

Advertisement