Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going on in the library?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Ditto, people are so morbid and assume something negative like a crime or an incident occured when Gardaí arrive somewhere with a few cars in tow.....

negative vibes people, be realistic, it was probably an impromptu Garda conference!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

In the womens toilets??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Could have been somone taking the piss with a bombscare before exams. Last one I was in warrented an evacuation and a number of squad cars and riot vans (and rubber gloves to protect forensics) . Usually though its only serious when the caller gives a code known to the police (IRA) but just to be on the safeside they do a quick check of the place and then piss off.

Its more likely than a suicide or an attack because they didnt seal off the area after they left and daram walked straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

humbert wrote:
    In the womens toilets??

Sure!!
    To get the feel for a possible crime scene :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

Could have been somone taking the piss with a bombscare before exams.

yeah my ma says it was a bombscare.

someone rang the library with a precise location of a bomb in womens toilets. apparently there was no evacuation because the police strongly suspected a hoax. they were on the scene in 5 mins, checked it out and left..............

• Advertisement

Grimes knows all. As I said a "real" bombscare that includes a ....well... BOMB .... is given with a list of authentic IRA codes. Anyway Stupid thing to do cause if you are cought calling a hoax, Cablamo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Grimes wrote:
    Grimes knows all. As I said a "real" bombscare that includes a ....well... BOMB .... is given with a list of authentic IRA codes. Anyway Stupid thing to do cause if you are cought calling a hoax, Cablamo!

Anyway they could've at least called the rds and had an exam cancelled to give people more time to study or something. Hoaxing the library is just small time.

elmyra wrote:
    Anyway they could've at least called the rds and had an exam cancelled to give people more time to study or something. Hoaxing the library is just small time.

I hoaxed a creche once. But then i did use one of those dial phones on wheels that plays music

*edit

Sorry, wrong thread . Didnt mean to resurrect this bad boy

***feels like walking on eggshells here :D

Advertisement