Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using VAT number to purchase in the UK

Options
  • 07-05-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Evening folks,

Buying myself a new phone through expansys.ie, coming from the uk. The company i work for are registered for vat but ill be paying for it myself. Expansys have a field where if you enter your vat number they won't charge you the vat.

My question is if i give the vat number of the company i work for will they ever hear about it? Am i likely to get a phone call from the accountant in a few weeks time wondering who authorised me to use the VAT number?

I would think that because they are in the uk expansys just need a vat number for thier accounts to show they didnt charge me vat but i need clarification that expansys arent going to invoice the compnay i work for or anything like that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

This would be VAT fraud. Why should you get away with VAT fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The vat is'nt registered to you, so expansys will know before the order goes ahead.
    Your mr X who is using company Ys VAT number, your paying from your own pocket not from the companys account, so its dodgy.
    And its also not on the companys purchase books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

If you are going to use your company's vat number fraudulently why not use any random comapny's vat number so that you wont lose your job when they find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I am sure the VAT man has bigger fish to fry than a guy saving a few euros on a new mobile.

It is highly unlikely your company will hear about it.

Advertisement