Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Q----well, Prob

Options
  • 07-05-2006 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Right.....when i plugging in an iPod <to a comp> the light normally comes on and then the DO NOT DISCONNECT message comes up on screen.....
    For the last few days, when i have plugged in, the light comes on but no message ie no connection between the comp and the pod---therefore i cant access it from the comp - put any music or anything on
    Ihave two different cables...so it's not the cable
    I used my dads iPod...it connects fine
    SO it must be the iPod.......i think
    Although it works fine...i can play music, videos everything. I also have plugged it into the wall and it recharges fine. I have no idea what's wrong with it...Does anyone know what i could try, or has something similar happened to anyone else?
    I will go to a friends house during the week and try connect on his comp

Btw i have usb1.1 only....could that affect it....my dad's pod is a mini so it doesnt require USB 2, but mine is a Video(requires USB2)

My friend has USB 2, so i will give it a go there..... but in the meantime, anybody lend a helping hand

Much appreciated--Sry for the long post...didnt think id keep typing:D

iFight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Has it ever worked with this computer before?

ed: And FYI: The particular forum for future issues: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=624

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'm no expert, but see if u can connect it to another computer with itunes. Allow it to update your ipod with it's songs, then connect it to your own computer again. If there's still a prob, contact apple. If it's under guarentee they'll replace it. I've had dealings with them before and they've good customer sevice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Karoma wrote:
    Has it ever worked with this computer before?
    Yes, sinse i got it at the start of the year
    ed: And FYI: The particular forum for future issues: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=624
    Sorry, didnt know;)

And i will give it a go Dajaffa...Thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Right....not working.....ive gotta send it back

I dont know how to go about doing this tho. Will I email apple.ie? Tellling them the story, or got to the shop where I bought it, although i think the shop said that they only guarentee for a week or something, after that you must go to Apple. I guess ill havta do that then. Anybody know how long it takes to send a new one out (or if they do with ease)??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

iFight wrote:
    Right....not working.....ive gotta send it back

I dont know how to go about doing this tho. Will I email apple.ie? Tellling them the story, or got to the shop where I bought it, although i think the shop said that they only guarentee for a week or something, after that you must go to Apple. I guess ill havta do that then. Anybody know how long it takes to send a new one out (or if they do with ease)??

Thanks
    I presume you have tried just re-setting it, etc?

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

• Advertisement
Advertisement