Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP update problem

• 08-05-2006 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

The other day when I closed done windows it started to automatically update. On about the 26th out of 40 update, my baby cousin knocked out the plug. Now when I try to start up, it says windows could not open and gives me the safe mode, etc.etc. options but none of these work either. The computer just restarts and bring me back to the options.
    Any ideas how to fix this? Or will I just have to reload xp?
    Any help would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try XP System Restore? (Boot to Safe Mode)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Yeah, tried the 3 safe mode options I was given but same thing happened. It started to load up then just restarted agin back to the options screen (safe mode... etc)
    Its my uncles computer, so the computer guy he uses came and had to take it away, saying he had to rebuild it or something. DOnt really trust him, from previous experience but its done now.
    Thanks anyway

Advertisement