Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aolynk DR814 Port Forwarding & Different Subnet

Options
  • 08-05-2006 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Router IP is 192.168.1.1. PC static IP is 192.168.30.6. Router will not accept a mapping to the PC IP. I presume because it's on a different subnet. How can I get around this? I tried changing router IP to 30.x but then could no longer access it over ethernet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Change your subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 then they will be in the same subnet.

Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks for the reply Munster. Do you mean on the PC? It's on a LAN and needs to stay as it is. I'm trying to change the IP on the router to 30.x but it does not like this at all. Know how I can do this so that it will stick?

Well you would have to change the subnet mask on both to 255.255.0.0

Why does the PC HAVE to have this IP?

The router is the AOLynk DR814? Will have a read but can't see why the router is refusing to allow its ip to be changed...

Whats your firmware version? Smart have one here:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/files/DR814V100DD028.img

Here's the manual:

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/pdf/Aolynk%20WDR814(I)g%20User%20Manual.pdf

Page 34 of 63 (31 on the printed page) Setting the LAN IP of the router.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Have changed both like you say, but no joy.

It's on a LAN and does a few jobs, and is referred to by static IP.

The router is the AOLynk DR814? Will have a read but can't see why the router is refusing to allow its ip to be changed...
    Yep, DR814.

Driving me nuts!! Thanks.

Come to think of it the PC already has a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 if its using that address so just change the router subnet mask and leave its IP alone.

Munster

EDIT: Can you confirm the subnet mask using ipconfig /all for the PC?

What OS are you using?

If windows then try to refer to the pc using its computer name if possible and the wins service should resolve it to its IP for you, unless of course you happen to have a DNS?

Advertisement