Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now I know how much people hate the Frames here.

• 08-05-2006 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

..so I'm double board posting...

"if we Suck then U2 Suck!"

With no real evidence of any talent whatsover Snow Patrol are fast becoming one of the most popular acts in the British Isles.

Glen Hansard(Irish musician) believes they're jumping on the mellow indie rock bandwagon that Acts like the Frames, Mundy & Damien Rice have been driving for the past few years.

"I mean f*uck them, they hear bands like the frames, steal their depressing indie charms, and then by making it cheerful, 15 year olds who fancy guys with long hair start snapping up albums. And making indie sound cheerful is the worst thing any musician can do."

Snow patrol frontman Gary Lightbody disagrees. He suggests Snow Patrol are exactly what people want.

"Not everyone wants to listen to album upon album of pretentious males & unusually pretty females moaning about sh*t. But they still want the image that's associated. Snow Patrol are a happy medium. And if you say we suck, just bear in mind you're insulting every U2 album ever created. We played at their show in the biggest stadium in Ireland."

Bertie Ahern recently legalised lynching of those who insult U2 after what they've done for Ireland & Music. The dispute was later settled when Hansard smashed Mic Christopher's guitar into Lightbody's face. Bono hasn't commented.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

What is the point of this thread? It exists already. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement