Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pit Etiquette

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aye, the SFX, with the off-license opposite it... A few bottles beforehand (it was an all-ages Type O Negative gig), the mosh pit was cool, and back in them days, if you crowd surfed over the barrier, you'd be sent to the back, and not just tossed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Elbows allowed in a pit, jesus like Elbows are a major no no, i seen some of the older guys kick the **** outta some of the younger guys for usin em.When elbows come into the equation someones going home with there face ****ed up, if its an accident fine but deliberite(yea i know i cant spell) use of the elbows is just being a dickhead.

O yea and as for skiked wristbands, They have no place in the pit not only can they seriously **** people up but they can **** up the wearer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i was in a pit last year and lost my shoe. I was cursing it but about 10minutes later the shoe hit me in the head after i left the pit. I didnt care i got my shoe back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ThaMasta wrote:
    Who says elbows are a no no in the pit????...You?? the mosh police???...
    Or the fact that the fools who do it are in the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

i was in a pit last year and lost my shoe. I was cursing it but about 10minutes later the shoe hit me in the head after i left the pit. I didnt care i got my shoe back.
    Haha, nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ThaMasta

Or the fact that the fools who do it are in the minority.

Stay at your location!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Googe

That made no sense "masta", stay at bollox? Good one...

Generally elbows are a completely no-no in pits, cept the Slayer example given or other similar extreme bands.

Googe wrote:
    That made no sense "masta", stay at bollox? Good one...

Generally elbows are a completely no-no in pits, cept the Slayer example given or other similar extreme bands.

You know what I meant : )...and what sort of bands/pits would deem elbows to be a no-no in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Googe wrote:
    :D Funny, as the only bands I'd be watching would be the "other similar extreme bands", tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ThaMasta wrote:
    You know what I meant : )...and what sort of bands/pits would deem elbows to be a no-no in?
    You tit, the point is, while you're running around the pit swinging your elbows thinking your hot ****, you fail to notice that no-one is impressed, and you would infact find the majority of people there frowning upon you.
    Think about it if that's not too hard for you.

• Advertisement

You tit, the point is, while you're running around the pit swinging your elbows thinking your hot ****, you fail to notice that no-one is impressed, and you would infact find the majority of people there frowning upon you.
    Think about it if that's not too hard for you.

Thats your point, not THE point.

There is a obvisously a differnce between the types of pits people have experince with in this thread. Extreme metal = extreme pits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Etiquette in a mosh pit seems like a bit of an oximoron to me! :) I'd definitely agree with the don't mash up against those in the front three rows, as I've been there before, and felt like I've had ribs broken! Thought a lot of what was said was funny though :)

Ah ye crazy rockers yis.

Advertisement