Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party in Blanchardstown Area

Options
  • 08-05-2006 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

My little boy is 5 in 2 weeks time and I have promised him a party. I don't want to do it in the house, so I am looking for somewhere in the generally vicinity to have a party for him. I don't want to do it in the leisureplex as it is a bit grotty. Something similar would be ideal. Does anyone have any ideas - The age of the children will range from 3 - 6.

Thanks
    Jen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why not try the giraffe centre in coolmine ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jen199

I just called the giraffe centre in coolmine and they don't do childrens parties. Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

The National Aquatic centre cater for childrens parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jen199

The acquatic centre is a good idea but I don't think it will work. It would be a hassle for the other parents having to go swimming to mind their children - esp as some are a bit overweight, they may not feel too comfortable. Plus, I had a look at the website, and their parties don't seem great. I don't actually think the kids get to spend any time together and just get a takeaway box of snacks at the end....

Any other ideas?

Fort Lucan if the weather is good.
    UCI have birthday party rooms as well.
    What exactly are you looking for ?
    Activies for the kids to do and place to let them eat and then have cake ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

Local Mac Donalds always works a treat for kids they love unless u are a parent who is against kids eating the odd time in Macs

Mac D's is pretty crap for a birithday with small children to be honest and both the Mackers in the shopping get very very busy,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

How about the Zoo?

We had a great party there for some of ours.
    There are restaurants etc, or huge picnic areas.
    We got a big double table in one of those and
    did the whole cake thing there. It's a big long walk
    with playgrounds every few hundred yards, so
    they'll sleep that night!

If anyone going is a member of the zoo, they can
    bring I think 5 kids in for free. We took out a membership
    ourselves before going when we realised that if we went twice
    it would be covered, and then free for the rest of the year.

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

or try...

Kidzone Play & Party Centre , Feltrim Road, Swords, Co.Dublin, from 1-11 years, toddler's soft play area (under 4s), bouncing castle, walkways, slides, ball pools, play house. Coffee bar and viewing area for parents, 10 a.m.- 7p.m. daily, 01-8401195

they also do themed parties such as barbie, football etc

a party usually consists of an hour in the play centre (drinks provided) then upstairs for party with cake, disco and a bubble machine... all my cousins have had parties there and the kids always love them...

or try http://www.childcareonline.ie/index.asp?docID=31 for some other ideas

on another note dont ever bring kids to the butterfly farm listed there... we went when we were kids and still have phobias of butterflies... big green house full of butterflies flying everywhere, absolutely horrible!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Yeah I guess it wouldn't suit other parents swimming. My sister brought the nephew to the Leisure plex for his 5th birthday back in December and although it is a bit of a kip all the kids had a great time. It would be unlikely to find anything else within the Dublin 15 other than what has been mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Not exactly Blanchardstown but there is a place called Hurly Burly just off the M50 at Finglas. Big wide open room with plenty of spece for parents to sit & have tea and a good size play area for the kids. Was there recently for someone elses childs party and it was far more pleasant than giraffe or the plex.

Otherwise, I would recommend Dublin Zoo - we were memebers for years and used it for most of our parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sparkle2010

The Leisureplex in Blanchardstown is revamped with a new kiddie zone and its amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

niallb wrote: »
    How about the Zoo?

We had a great party there for some of ours.
    There are restaurants etc, or huge picnic areas.
    We got a big double table in one of those and
    did the whole cake thing there. It's a big long walk
    with playgrounds every few hundred yards, so
    they'll sleep that night!

If anyone going is a member of the zoo, they can
    bring I think 5 kids in for free. We took out a membership
    ourselves before going when we realised that if we went twice
    it would be covered, and then free for the rest of the year.

NiallB

I was just about to suggest the Zoo! Its a lovely day out and if you get a nice crisp day, the kids would love a fun filled picnic!

There is also a great chocolate factory plave near Drimnagh area, dont have details, sorry. My daughter has been there and absolutely loved it.

Or how about Ice skating? I did that last year and the kids had a ball, I was nervous, but its absolutely amazing how the kids who had never gone ice skating took to it and there was no injuries! We had pizza after, was a brilliant birthday party!

Advertisement