Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Phone Wires. Newbie Help.

Options
  • 08-05-2006 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I've just had some work done on my house and unfortunately my phone connections have been disconnected. If any one here has the knowledge to help me re-connect it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any knowledge in this area and as both the connection box and phone sockets are disconnected I can't figure this out through a process of elimination.

street-connection.jpg

Firstly

The above image is ove the junction box. The cable in from the street is on the right hand side and Eircom Phone Watch has been plugged in from the left. I now need to connect the phone wire that leads to the sockets in my house. It is a 4-wire cable. Blue, Blue/White, Orange, Orange/White. Does anyone know which wires i need to connect and into which sockets?

plug_connection.jpg

Secondly

THis should be more simple. That is the picture of the socket box. I don't know which wires i should plug into which sockets.

Thanks for any advice or help. It is really appreciated. :)

Advertisement