Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

reallybad wrote:
    Ok so I finally contacted someone about the noise on the liffey trust development.
    I found out a few things. First of all that the application for development on the site has been withdrawn!!! There is no planning permission granted or applied for the site. However the lady informed me that they could actually clear a site (which includes knocking free standing buildings). As a result they are not restricted by any planning laws :-(
    However all is not lost. I then contacted the environmental department in relation to noise pollution. The guy on the phone couldn’t really tell me what the story was here however he lodged my complaint to the environmental authority and I should hear back from them within 36 hours.
    I will let you know if I hear anything else

DAMN DAMN!!
    I just got a call from the environmental noise dept in dublin city council. She informed me that they are entitled to drill and make as much noise as they want between 7am and 6pm. She is going to visit the site to make sure they are using the correct technology to reduce noise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnjoebob

Folks,

Sorry this is off topic but I will be moving to Castleforbes Square soon and was hoping for some recommendations. Getting ready to funish new apartment and was wondering if anybody could recommend a supplier of "funky" sofa beds / futons apart from the very ordinary that are stocked by a lot of furniture suppliers such as Des kelly etc?

Also, can anybody recommend a good wooden floor supplier? Any good experiences?

thanks for any advice.

On another note I will be moving from an apartment complex that only had NTL and that was not a perfect supply either. I believe the term used is NT hell!

johnjoebob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lightswitch

Hey JJB-

I used a guy who was reccommended to me by a friend, he took the skirting boards off, put the floor down and put the skirting back neatly, he also suggested taking the saddle boards away from the door ways, it now looks really slick and seamless, very happy with the job he did. He previously did my friends house, which was a disaster cause it is a really old terrace house on a corner, so nothing was straight or even and he did a fanstastic job there!

He operates on his own, and will reccommend where you get flooring etc. (he will pick it up and deliver it, for you) or he can supply it to you. anyway his name is Luke hes on 0874174236, hes a good guy, no messing, extra charges or delays.

So yeah i was very happy, it looks great.

L8r Alig8r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bico

reallybad wrote:
    Hello all

i am going to call Dublin city council in relation to the bulding going on next door to block D on sherriff st side. Anyone who is like me in block D (port side) is looking out and has to listen to the noise of a rock breaker at 7.00 on the button every morning. in the past weeks it has been getting slightly earlier and working later in the evening.
    Is this the liffey trust site or is it the castleforbes site?
    If i get a name i will do my best to get the noise stopped. I have never been in so much discomfort as a result of boise before. I realise that work is need but at 7 am, i do not think so

please let me know what the name of this site is, i forgot to check myself this morning

If you look at the dublindocklands.ie website there are currently 3 section 25 permissions on the Liffey trust site.
    Permission DD248
    Description:
    Demolition of existing Liffey Trust building; an ESB substation and an existing house on the site and the erection of an 8 storey over basement building
    Condition 18 states : construction shall be confined to the hours of 8:00 to 18:00 hours weekdays and 1000 to 1400 hours on Saturdays and not all on Sundays and public Holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 delog

They guy I got in seemed nice at first but really didn't do a good job at all. Did not even follow instructions and assumed I was stupid. When asked to come back and redo something, scratched floors to bits. Beware - he's got adds all over the block. Email me if u wanna know more...

• Advertisement

bico wrote:
    If you look at the dublindocklands.ie website there are currently 3 section 25 permissions on the Liffey trust site.
    Permission DD248
    Description:
    Demolition of existing Liffey Trust building; an ESB substation and an existing house on the site and the erection of an 8 storey over basement building
    Condition 18 states : construction shall be confined to the hours of 8:00 to 18:00 hours weekdays and 1000 to 1400 hours on Saturdays and not all on Sundays and public Holidays.
    have you got a link on this. Because they withdrew this persmission http://www.dublincity.ie/docimage/index.aspx?Application=SWIFTWEB&item=CUSTSEARCH&value=5241/04

However they are entitled to clear the site without permission. am looking at it now and it looks like they are doing a lot more than clearing the site. i will compkain tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you guys want your own forum like this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=625

Victor wrote:
    Do you guys want your own forum like this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=625
    Yeah Victor, that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Start a thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

Link to this thread and ask nicely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bico

reallybad wrote:
    have you got a link on this. Because they withdrew this persmission http://www.dublincity.ie/docimage/index.aspx?Application=SWIFTWEB&item=CUSTSEARCH&value=5241/04

However they are entitled to clear the site without permission. am looking at it now and it looks like they are doing a lot more than clearing the site. i will compkain tomorrow

The development is on site and was permitted by the Dublin Docklands Authority through a section 25 application ,that is why there is no record on the Dublin City Council website. What is happening on this site is development ,not site clearance. The department to complain to is Building Control . They're known to make grown men cry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnjoebob

delog and lightswitch,

thanks for your advice....much appreciated.

regards

jjb:D

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I notice there is a new Planning Permission notice on the Spar this morning... for a 22SQM off licence as part of the new Spar shop...

6 Weeks minimum from time the notice goes up until PP is granted or rejected.

Add to that at least a month for shop fit out etc.

So it looks like it will be November at the earliest before we get our corner shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ahh Man!

I've been living in Castleforbes since March/April and I'm delighted to see I'm not alone when it comes to some of the issues that are being mentioned on this board i.e

Original build quality
    Construstion Noise
    SkyConway and the lack of choice offered
    (Was not aware of phone issue)
    Ridiculous door bells
    RF Property Management
    - Internal cleaning
    - plant maintenance
    - lifts
    - marked common area walls
    - stained carpets . . .
    Parties (but that's allowed in the beginning)
    On street parking and the consideration of other users

The list goes on and on. Castleforbes will be a good investment and I guess right now we are going through the teething process but we do have to vote with our feet. No point moaning to each other. Let's see if we can't get a residents committee going. There is no law against it. We've paid big bucks to live where we are living and we may as well enjoy it. How about some Wednesday night in one of the bars in the IFSC? If we are all in agreement lets arrange a time and date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 userid

Sounds like a good idea - I'd be on for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Great idea.., i'm on for it also...

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Well the place is still officially being built / a building site, so let's not get ahead of ourselves, but yeah I'd be up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 barat

Was anyone else's skyconway not working last night? I didn't check this morning, so maybe it's back up, but last night all we were getting was static. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 userid

Yeah we were getting static too. Didn't get a chance to check this morning either...

Ahh Man! wrote:
    I've been living in Castleforbes since March/April and I'm delighted to see I'm not alone when it comes to some of the issues that are being mentioned on this board i.e

Original build quality
    Construstion Noise
    SkyConway and the lack of choice offered
    (Was not aware of phone issue)
    Ridiculous door bells
    RF Property Management
    - Internal cleaning
    - plant maintenance
    - lifts
    - marked common area walls
    - stained carpets . . .
    Parties (but that's allowed in the beginning)
    On street parking and the consideration of other users

The list goes on and on. Castleforbes will be a good investment and I guess right now we are going through the teething process but we do have to vote with our feet. No point moaning to each other. Let's see if we can't get a residents committee going. There is no law against it. We've paid big bucks to live where we are living and we may as well enjoy it. How about some Wednesday night in one of the bars in the IFSC? If we are all in agreement lets arrange a time and date?

Yeah i would certainly be interested in this ,however this wednesday just does not suit me. If there are any follow up to this let me know and i will be there

anyone got a contact number for them?

• Advertisement

RF Property:

Danninger were working before 8am on Sat morning - Trucks delivering concrete blocks reversing down the street nearly led to me murdering someone (again)

Anyone know what time their PP entitles them to start at?

geecee wrote:
    RF Property:

Danninger were working before 8am on Sat morning - Trucks delivering concrete blocks reversing down the street nearly led to me murdering someone (again)

Anyone know what time their PP entitles them to start at?
    if you look them up on the dublin city council site you will be able to see the4 hours they are permitted to work
    Thanks for number!!

Just noticed thsi website:
    http://www.neighbours.ie/castleforbessquare/

Looks to be a great resource...
    If we to all start using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tiermac

Bought in Castleforbes ages ago and not living there 24/7 thanks to work but often enough to experience all the problems discussed.

Anyways, cable is back again this morning but could see TVs in Block D had service last night.

Anyone know the story with the double yellow lines and clamping on the "new street"? See cars parked there over the weekend.

Underground car park in Block E flooded over the weekend with downpours, builders idea of drainage is an open pipe with the water pouring down and triggering alarm at the end. Just rang RFPM and they are going to raise the problem with the builders.

And thanks to all for following up on the different issues over the last while, making life a lot easier for the rest of us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭jdc78

I was told that the cars will be clamped within 1-2 weeks if they continue parking there. The signs for the company just went up I think last week and are posted on the entrances to the underground car park and on the lamp posts. I don't see why people continue to take the risk and park there when there is plenty of onstreet parking on castleforbes road.

jdc78 wrote:
    I was told that the cars will be clamped within 1-2 weeks if they continue parking there. The signs for the company just went up I think last week and are posted on the entrances to the underground car park and on the lamp posts. I don't see why people continue to take the risk and park there when there is plenty of onstreet parking on castleforbes road.

Just a question for you guys, in relation to the under ground parking there, how is that enforced, do they have a list of all the reg;s or do they require parking space numbers or is a permit required to be displayed? I presume a clamping will happen if you are illegally parked down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Crusty Rogs

Hello everyone, I'm moving into the much talked about (here anyway) Castleforbes Square. I need to get an alarm and also blinds and curtains fitted. Does anyone have any good contacts, experience in this field ?

Thanks

CR

Hello everyone, I'm moving into the much talked about (here anyway) Castleforbes Square. I need to get an alarm and also blinds and curtains fitted. Does anyone have any good contacts, experience in this field ?

Thanks

CR

Hi i went with curtains only with no blinds. I got them in Hickeys on Henry st.
    As for the alarm, ask Johnny Cullen for contact details There is a guy which does the 2 beds for 450. Thats all i know

I used Arnotts for my Blinds... found them to be pretty decent...

Don't bother with the alarm... I'll only keep your neighbours up all night and nobody will ever bother responding to it when its ringing!

I notice that we have Film4 from SkyConway since last night... not sure what we lost in order to get it... but its some progress... how about Setanta Sports and Sky-One next please?

I don't mind losing Living TV+1!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭jdc78

We've actually had it for a few days now and we lost Reality TV for it. I don't mind because all that seemed to be on it was COPS.

As for the blinds, I found them to be a fortune so went with curtains but the problem was is that we had a terrible time finding ones that were long enough. I think some of the longest drops are 90" and we needed 94". Top floor units ceilings and windows are taller... managed to get them at IKEA.

Advertisement