Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 delog

Home BLinds Direct were great. They came and measured the window, had a range of samples and also fitted it for a reasonable price. Their number is 1890252168. Good LUck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

Has anyone ordered sky sports from Sky conway or direct from sky themselves? i would prefer to avoid sky conway if i could, anyone know can we get sky direct?

Hi,

I have 4.5ft*20 feet of brand new carpet left over after laying in one of my bedrooms. Its a netural beige colour with a very mild pattern and will be going in the bin at weekend if nobody wants it?

Have we really given up on NTL? They're still our best bet for proper channels.

Hey guys!
    What's up with the silence?
    I guess everything must be going great.
    Anyways, still wondering if there's any parking available to rent under block C or D? Email me!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Wow - things really have gone quiet!
    Guess its cos Eircom/BT have finally got their act together + we have all grown to love Sky Conway!

However from my perspective i'm getting more and more dis-satisfied with Castleforbes Square every day...
    -It seems that the builders get louder and louder and start earlier each day...
    -Deliveries arriving at 6am each day and reversing down the street
    -The 80MPH trucks down Castelforbes road seem to be getting more frequent
    -And i am going mental from lack of sleep!

Anyone know when danninger are gonna be finished in Castleforbes?
    There is a 3Ton limit sign on each side of castelforbes road - anyone know what this sign actually means?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

geecee wrote:
    There is a 3Ton limit sign on each side of castelforbes road - anyone know what this sign actually means?
    The entire city bans vehicles over 3 tonnes from parking on-street (unless loading/unloading). Exceptions are made for specific roads, Castleforbes Road being one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JACKSPOCK

Test message

Agree with delog.

Silence is not good for either man or woman.

We need to find a way to communicate on a face to face basis.
    This way we can share our views , ideas and issues about living in Castleforbes. In addition this would be a ideal way to build a better a sense of community and provide a social outlet.

It is not good the as nieghbours we end up passing each other in the corridors and elelvators without realy getting to know each other.

I am no good at organising this sort of thing but I am sure that many of you out there are so come on lets see some action.

Somone get a notice up on the notice boards and organise a metting. My view is that many would turn up and are just waiting forsomeone to organise it.

Jack

Try not to get too stressed out with all the building work going on int he general area.

The truth is that we all realised that when we decidedto live in castleforbes we knew that the surrounding area was developing with project such as the luas extension , macken st bridge , point village , liffey trust site , brooks thomas sites , national conf centre , spencer dock etc.

The sooner all this work starts the sooner it will be finish and the overall area will settle down and reach its full potential as a great place to live and as a good investment.

So keep the faith

Jack

• Advertisement

Luas

I see from the recently published report of enquiry into the Luas Docklands extension that one of the recommendations in the report, requests that the station at the point village be moved 10 mts westwards i.e. nearer to castleforbes - good news for us a shorter walk ,
    Also I understand that the minister is due to sign the Railway Order for the extension by the end of Sept.

This order allows physical work to start on the line.

1st Phase up to Jan 07 is to redivert underground pipes / cables. This will allow construction work on the track propper to start in Feb 07 and take about 20 months.

Lastly and by no means least on the subject of Property Prices !

Has anyone taken the time to have a look at the apartments currently being advertised at the Gasworks site across the river.

The interesting thing here is taht these apartments are also built by Danninger , are of the same general size , standard and design. With 2 exceptions - marble worktops in the kitchen and solid wodden doors throughout - max cost to the builder about €4k per apartment.

Yet the sale price of the units averages about €110 k more than the equivalent units in castleforbes. Also the car parking spots cost €40k.

All the apartment blocks in the development and positioned very close together and in addition the Dart line runs on a raised embankment close to several of the blocks - negative impact on privacy ( a bushers paradise )and noise.

Worst of all is that all the apartments are painted a strange shade of grey which tends to make them resemble a fleet of battleships stranded in port when the tide went out.

Hope my descriptions dont offend anyone ( especially if any of your friends or relatives bought there) but all in all looks to me as if we got much better valve and a better investment on this side of the river.

Cheers for now and pull away on the long docket.

Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lightswitch

I was surprised to see that in the lastest release of block A, a second floor 2 bed is 450k thats 30k more than a second florr 2 bed in block c launched in the spring-

Did anyone else look at the new show apartments? I thought thye looked pretty poor to be honest, one of then has a boarded up window! With some nasty looking 3 inch nails in the walls!!
    It appears that they are not selling very fast....

On another note, it looks like the TAB site (site opposite block c on sheriff street) is making good progress, anyone know what is planned for that site?

L*R

Hello Lightswitch

Development plans for Danninger site on corner of castleforbes road and sherrif st - across from block C are as follows

Nine storey apartment block on corner to match existing similar design on opposite corner of the street.

Rest of the site contains an eitht storey / mixed use office block fronting onto sherrif.

Remainder of site is 6 storey and 1 set back floor ( 7th storey ) group of apartment blocks - all with underground parking.

Estimated building completion date june 08.

JACKSPOCK wrote:
    Luas

I see from the recently published report of enquiry into the Luas Docklands extension that one of the recommendations in the report, requests that the station at the point village be moved 10 mts westwards i.e. nearer to castleforbes - good news for us a shorter walk ,
    Also I understand that the minister is due to sign the Railway Order for the extension by the end of Sept.

This order allows physical work to start on the line.

1st Phase up to Jan 07 is to redivert underground pipes / cables. This will allow construction work on the track propper to start in Feb 07 and take about 20 months.
    Where did you get this from? Let me guess - a mailshot from your local politician? :)

Victor wrote:
    The entire city bans vehicles over 3 tonnes from parking on-street (unless loading/unloading). Exceptions are made for specific roads, Castleforbes Road being one of them.
    Hi Victor
    Any idea how us residents would go about trying to have Castelforbes Road re-zoned out of the exception group?

Jackspock... I realised there would be noise when i moved into Caslteforbes Square... however i did not realise that the building work would be starting at 6am each morning! I thought there were meant to be planning laws in this country - forbidding unsocial noise out-of-hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

I'm ground-floor Block E and I'm not woken by building in the mornings :shrug:

Keep a diary for a few weeks of the relevant behavior and go to all the local councillors requesting it be changed. Also fire off a letter to the Roads Department in the city council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lucy12345

Hiya Geecee,
    I have just noticed your thread in the Neighbours site about putting Double Yellow lines down Castlforbes Road to stop the Trucks from parking there!!! I was just wondering are you the same person who also got the Double Yellow lines put down inside the square itself??

You abviously have a car space yourself but what about the people who don't, where are they going to park if there are double yellow lines everywhere?? Before you say that i should have bought a car space, i did try but because i have only bought a One bed apartment i was unable to buy a Car Space!!!! I think it would be a better idea if there was pay and display along the road, with a possibility of residential permits. I think you are thinking a little too drastically in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

As you're entering castleforbes immediately on the right (side window of spar) there is no double-yellowed line for some reason. There's enough space for one car.

I'm in a one bed apartment too so I couldn't get a carpark space. I can't imagine they've filled the carpack though?

• Advertisement

wait till i tell ya...
    some one beds got car parking spaces in the first few months...!
    it was probably going that way till they realised they didn't have enough to go around.
    I wonder if asking hooke and macd if they actually have a few left over would help the situation...?
    I'm sure once more people move in, there will be more spaces for rent...
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MHJB

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a parking spot after you have already purchased an apt?

Hi Lucy
    I didn't get the double yellow line put down on the inside street... i presume the builders did....

I would also presume that they are semi-illegal or that a decision to put this kind of thing down would be a decision for the management company (in consultation with the residents committee)

I notice they are saying clamping is now active there... but the cars still park there... has anyone seen the clampers out yet?

For hose interested... Its usually possible to buy a car park space seperate to an apartment... but anyone contemplating selling theirs is mad as it drastically reduces the apt re-sale value (or at least removes a lot of possible target buyers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lucy12345

Thank you for your reply Geecee,

I heard that the clampers were starting this week.....i had to park there last night because when i got home from work all the spaces were gone due to the concert that was on in the Point!!!

I'm just wondering what will happen whenever a concert is on in the future and the Clampers are around.....will i get clamped by parking there?? I must look into the Semi-illegal aspect of it, thanks for that.

I also know for a fact that there are people parking in the carpark under Block E without actually owning one.....i was told that the buzzers to get into the car park are available to buy in a shop on Amien Street!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

Hi everyone

Wondering about a few things:

Does anyone know how I can find out the code for the security door in the basement? Its making my trips to the bins more complicated than they need to be!!

Also, at what point does the management agency set up a residents committee?

Thanks

SHIVV

If you phone Johny Cullen ( Danninger) on 0862647717 he should be able to give you the code -- once you can give him proof of identity.

Shivvv wrote:
    Also, at what point does the management agency set up a residents committee?
    They don't. In fact it would be quite unhealthy for them to do so as they could set the agenda.

the f*cking clampers got me last night!
    Anyone know if it legal what they are doing? are they entitled to put down yellow lines like that? someone hinted to me that this might be completley illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anto137

There is nothing illegal about private clamping so long as the clampers have clearly signposted the fact that they are operating in a given area. If on the other hand your car was clamped in a place where there were no signs indicating that cars parked there would be clamped, then the private clamping would be illegal.

Why did you park on the double yellow lines?

• Advertisement

Clamping

My understanding is that it is legal for private parties / commercial entities to clamp vehicles parked in contravention of local rules bye -laws. Once these bye lwas have ben agreed to and signs are clearly posted.

A good exmaple is the fact that many supermarket and shopping centre carparks ( particularly those located near Railway stations) have signs up saying that any car parked more than 3 hours will be clamped.Superquinn in Sutton have being operating this policy for a number of years. The charge to have their clamp removed is 80 euros.

I am sure if you take legal advice you will see that the terms /conditions of the Property Management Company running Castleforbes Sq allow them to take all reasonable and practical measures to ensure the development is run in a controlled and manged way.
    Clamping of cars parked in restricted areas would be seen to fall into this category.

Advertisement