Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 delog

Hi guys,

Tesco - There is one in Artane castle - ten minutes from CLontarf. There is another big one at the end of the Malahide Road near Hilton in Santry. Cheapest petrol also. Also, there is a baby Tesco at the end of Richmond Road and Drumcrondra (that's only 10 minutes from us)

SuperQuinn - very nice at Sutton Cross and also a nice drive along the coast up there. free parking also and u can drop by Howth for fresh fish and seafood.

SuperValue - On Howth Road five minutes from Fairview. Great fish but not great veg. Free parking and also has a pharmacy and off license attached. BOI next door and Xtravision also. There is also a laundrette down the road - 8 euros per bag - washed dried and folded!

Garbage:

Agree with fire and safety risks. There should be sign telling people to put bags of rubbish INTO bins as opposed to on top, below on side of them!? Are people stupid? Do they think that these bags actually get absorbed into the bins automatically? And the builders have told me that any cardboard should be stacked on the side and not in the bins as they fill them up really quickly. Maybe some laminated signs are the easy way to go...

Car/ Bike Safety:
    This is Very worrying. We should ensure that there is number of the security door people that we can call 24/7 instead of the management co (probably only office hours) when we see something open when it's not supposed to be. No harm putting up a notice saying that a car has been stolen and joyridden. There are not many people who subscribe to this board - I think probably only 20% of poeple living in castleforbes. I suggest a few notices even just for few days. EVERYONE will read them coming out of the lift / stairs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Was i the only person who was kept awake by noise and alarms ALL weekend?

Somebody started putting in wooden floors at 8AM saturday morning, there was still crashing, sawing and banging going on over 16 hours later at 00.40!

So much for the house rules prohibiting this kind of work after 10PM

Then there was the alarm last night.... don't think it was in Castleforbes - more likely IFSC or Sheriff st... but it rang all night - and no matter how i try aI just can't sleep with earplugs (or with alarms!)

God help the first person to cross me today in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

Hi all

I live in Block D and 4 or 5 times over the last couple of weekends I've had people calling me on my intercom saying that they're a tennent in the building and have forgotten their keys and asking me to buzz them into the building.

I've said no to everyone.

I wonder if you've forgotten your key to the main door what are you gonna do when you get to the door of your apt? Kick it down?

It just didn't seem right to be letting people into the building.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Anybody interested in establishing some sort of residents committee? I'd be definitely interested in getting involved or doing some work to get one off the ground, would like to do it with the help of a couple of other people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lightswitch

Guys-

Good to see that people are becoming more saftery aware at CF, one earlier comment I would like to reiterate is the practice of workmen/estate ganets/ residents is to use Fire Extinguishers as door wedges.

Please be aware that Fire Extinguishers are life saving devices and are not designed to be misused, if you do see people interfering with them, please do not ignore this-

be confrontational! it might save your life one day, or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 godjano

I was wondering if anyone is interested on renting a parking place in Block E,

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Josie Posie

I don't mean to be rude 146, but are you been serious about putting breadcrumbs down to find your way back to your apt?
    Cos in light of whats been goin on lately with bread amnd milk being left outside people's doors nobody in their right mind is gonna give you floor plans!

By the way, instead of us all talking about setting up a residents committee can everyone who is interested and is registered on this site select a preferred time for when you would like to meet so we can all have our say!
    I was onto the Mgmt company recently and they told me that we should set one up immeadiately and go back to them with all of our concerns and not just in drips and draps(in fairness we prob all have the same problems anyway!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lucy12345

I agree with Josie Posie, a residents meeting should be arranged. I would like to hear everyones views on all the happenings with in Castleforbes!!! I also think the "146" is taking the piss out of us. I wouldn't be surprised if he/she even lives in the apartments!!

Godjano are you the one who is renting the car space??? Didn't your car get robbed the other night!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 146

Jeez Josie Posie- You really arent the sharpest breadknife in the drawer are you?? and of course I live in the apartments-I bought up all the car park spaces and am converting them into a 4 bed detached with garage and swimming pool.Ur all welcome down for a dip sometime!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Josie Posie

I don't know what you mean by that 146 but your the one that looks a bit silly the statement you made earlier and thats prob why nobody else responded!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

By the way, instead of us all talking about setting up a residents committee can everyone who is interested and is registered on this site select a preferred time for when you would like to meet so we can all have our say!
    I was onto the Mgmt company recently and they told me that we should set one up immeadiately and go back to them with all of our concerns and not just in drips and draps(in fairness we prob all have the same problems anyway!)

Well thats exactly what I mean by setting up a committee - everyone won't come to a meeting and unless a small number of people get together and committ to organising somehting and then letting everyone else know about it, it just won't happen. There's been talk on these boards for months about doing something like this and everyone seems to think its a good idea but nobody has actually taken it on.

If anyone is interested in doing this could they PM me and we can start things off?

I'd suggest some first steps are to fix a date, organise some notices for the notice boards in the foyers, organise a venue.....

What do you all think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 godjano

I'm looking for a parking space in Block E and I'm wondering if someone wants to rent his/her. I'm the one who the car was stolen last week and not feeling really happy leaving again outside though we are still waiting to see if we can use it or it's written off.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DeadEight

Anybody know what the laws is about construction noise. The site next door (towards the point) have being making a lot of noise tonight. The worst of it finished at midnight (almost exactly) but there is still a lot of noise coming from there. I thought they could only operate "normal hours". The DCC website does not seem to have any info.

I don't want to go down there with just my lad in my hand (so to speak), but there has to be a ay to get them to stop this kind of antisocial building.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Black Amnesia

I moved into Block E a couple of months ago, been monitoring this thread..

Things are going generally fine I have to say, I'm pretty happy, not much of an issue with the continuing development of Castleforbes - they seem to be keeping their building curfew pretty tightly, but I'm completely with DeadEight last night, a team of workers on the Liffey Trust site were working all night, not to mention aiming a ridiculously high powered floodlight directly into the apartments in Block E, it was light daylight in my living room for the whole night..

They start far to early on that site, I usually leave my place about 7 to go to work and they've usually started, and many nights they've been working really late, it's not acceptable at all.

A residents committee is really needed, Geecee those alarms got me on Sunday, there was a tamper alarm going off all Sunday Day and Night in the basement of Block E - is there not an emergency number for the management companies to sort these things out 24/7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ryan27

hey,

In the hallway of Block D there is 'house rules' by the management company with contact info and out of office hour no's to call.

:)

Cool, I must check that, I never go past the notice board in our block as I only ever seem to go from the basement up to my place.. Has anyone ever called this number and had any joy in getting anything done about something ASAP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bico

The permission for The Liffey Trust site ref no DD248 can be found at this link

http://www.ddda.ie/planning_apps/uploads/DD248%20Section%2025%20Certificate.pdf

Condition 18 states the hours , 8:00 -18:00 weekdays and 10:00 to 14:00 .
    The department to complain to at Dublin City Council is Building Control.

The noise at night is the the powerfloating of the concrete which they have to do 12hours after it was poured , which happened later in the day due to rain. I'm afraid we'll be getting this everytime concrete is poured in the afternoon ,same happened on the other construction site.

Hey bico..

Good find.. Are you sure that was what they were doing last night? They've powerfloated the concrete late before after they did the main foundation pours, which is fine, but last night they had that floodlight pointing directly at the apartments, they seemed to be doing something at the part right beside the Gable wall of block D, concrete has been poured there before for the smaller of the two cranes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 D1Head

6 weeks waiting for an eircom connection already ! And told today i'll now have to wait a further 4 weeks before a technician can come around and connect me !! What da f**k. Almost laughable. Almost. Can anyone tell me how long you have to stay with Eircom before changing over to the likes of BT for Broadband. As i don't want to give them another cent. They are already billing me even though i'm not connected. :(

When the technician comes out and u get connected, call eircom again and they will give u a refund from that date. I'm afaid all the lines themselves are working. However, downstairs in the basement, the developers have not connected the apartments individually. THat's all the technician needs to do is to hook each aprtment up. Another thing u can do is to leave up a notice to say who needs to hooked up so that he can do a few apartments at the same time as opposed to coming out over 300 times...! Good luck. I'm on the Eircom broadband, and it's super. Have no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Colombo

How much is the broadband from Eircom and for what size?

• Advertisement

Eircom were there this afternoon at lunchtime...
    So you may be in luck when u try tonight!
    Window Cleaners are also cleaning block E today...
    Just in time for the summer!

The cost has just come down. It's now 29.99 a month for 3MG download. It was 39.99 when I first signed up but they have reduced it. That's not bad but you have to factor in monthly rental at 24.99. However that includes free local and national calls to landlines. And the box is sent out in less than 5 working days. However, you have to pick it up from the post office as it's too big to fit in the mailbox. HOpe this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnjoebob

Hi all,

Recently saw that Sky conway have introduced broadband for about 35 euro a month without the need for land line (TV service is extra). I believe it is only in castleforbes for about a week now. Has anybody signed up? I am tempted as i really object to paying for a landline that I don't want.

cheers
    JJB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

Has anyone gotten Sky Sports in CastleForbes?
    If so who do you get it with? Do you need a separate box for each room?

johnjoebob wrote:
    Hi all,

Recently saw that Sky conway have introduced broadband for about 35 euro a month without the need for land line (TV service is extra). I believe it is only in castleforbes for about a week now. Has anybody signed up? I am tempted as i really object to paying for a landline that I don't want.

cheers
    JJB

personally i wouldnt go near it with a bargo pole. If you want a some way dependable and without wires then i use clearwire. But not everyone likes it.

Has anyone actually gone ahead with conway broadband. I hjave called them 6 times about sky sports and they have never done anything about it. So frustrating!

The window cleaners have come and gone from the main st:
    Some questions:
    They never cleaned the glass on my balcony
    They never cleaned the actual windows on my balcony

Is this normal?

Am i menat to clean the accessable parts myself of should all teh windows in teh complex have been cleaned at the same time?

As for the windows they did clean... whilst the surface rubble is now gone - i would consider them far from clean... Still full of rusty marks from... (where?)

I'll probably call RF about it (as per their notice) on Monday...

Anybody else any comments about the window cleaners before i ring them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 146

reallybad wrote:
    Has anyone gotten Sky Sports in CastleForbes?
    If so who do you get it with? Do you need a separate box for each room?

One single box will do in the living room and an infared "magic eye" is fitted in the other rooms (wired to the co-ax socket) which allows you to control sky from the other rooms. Unfortunately, Sky Conway are still providing a brutal service ...Cowboys Ted!!!!;)

geecee wrote:
    The window cleaners have come and gone from the main st:
    Some questions:
    They never cleaned the glass on my balcony
    They never cleaned the actual windows on my balcony

Is this normal?

Am i menat to clean the accessable parts myself of should all teh windows in teh complex have been cleaned at the same time?

As for the windows they did clean... whilst the surface rubble is now gone - i would consider them far from clean... Still full of rusty marks from... (where?)

I'll probably call RF about it (as per their notice) on Monday...

Anybody else any comments about the window cleaners before i ring them?

Yes i would think that we are expected to clean the accessible parts ourselves.

I was personally happy with the service i was given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 D1Head

Window cleaners were a joke. Splashed a bit of water on windows and set off alarm and off they went. Like above, never bothered with glass on the balcony. Not one for complaining but why bother if thats all you're going to do. Had to clean the windows myself after they left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lightswitch

bloody hell, what was the story with the alarms going off at 4:00 am on sat and again last night around midnight.... such a nuisance! is there anything that can be done?

Advertisement