Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Colombo

146 wrote:
    One single box will do in the living room and an infared "magic eye" is fitted in the other rooms (wired to the co-ax socket) which allows you to control sky from the other rooms. Unfortunately, Sky Conway are still providing a brutal service ...Cowboys Ted!!!!;)

presumably Sky Conway put a digital set top box in the apt? what is the monthly payment to them for package including the sports then?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

It seems alll i ever do when i post a message here is complain... and to tell the truth i'm usually not the complaining type!

However...

Does anyone else find that the post here is exceedingly slow?
    I am a member of screenclick and DVDs take a week to get to me after they have been posted from Screenclicks HQ.

Similarly I sometimes go for days without post... and then receive 5-6 letters in one day... And a lot of post seems to go missing... ESB Bills x 2 and letters from my solicitor

Do we actually get a daily post to Castleforbes quare?
    Has anyone ever seen a postman?
    Does he know how to get into the postboxes (key/Password?0

Or is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 delog

You're absolutely right...
    Post is unbelievably slow.
    I reckon because the place isn't that full yet, they are ammassing it for a few days before dropping it down to us.
    Yes, I'm missing post as well but I must say because there is such a build up at times because of the twice weekly delivery, sometimes the box doesn't close properly and I feel that this is defo cause for post stealers.
    I've heard that people often get post stolen from apartment blocks because they are looking for credit card details etc so I would be very wary of leaving post building up.
    There's nothing we can do about that i guess.

Saw the postman at lunchtime today and was going to quiz him on the infrequent post deliveries...

However he has post for me (5 letters - 1 sent 2 weeks ago!) so i decided not to upset him!
    (or maybe i'd never get any post again!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 D1Head

Yes, there is definitely an issue with regards the post deliveries. Thankfully i get most of my post delivered to another address, but i have also missed one ESB bill, and i too get the Screenclick dvds, I get one dvd a week compared to some of the lads here in work who get 2, and i always watch them the night of getting them and post them the next day. Would be no harm to mention this to the postman the next time someone runs into him. What time of the day does post arrive usually ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

D1Head wrote:
    Yes, there is definitely an issue with regards the post deliveries. Thankfully i get most of my post delivered to another address, but i have also missed one ESB bill, and i too get the Screenclick dvds, I get one dvd a week compared to some of the lads here in work who get 2, and i always watch them the night of getting them and post them the next day. Would be no harm to mention this to the postman the next time someone runs into him. What time of the day does post arrive usually ??

Guys, what block are you in that you are experiencing the post issue? I am in block D, and havent noticed it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JACKSPOCK

Nice to see the demolition crews working to demolish the perimiter wall of the old Brooks Thomas site in the last few days.

Anglo Irish Banks are due to relocate all the city centre operations to a new Headquarters Building on the site.

Metzler Bank are also locating on the former BT site.

If the Banks are moving then the shops and restaurants will follow.

Anyone know if the vacant new office block on castleforbes road is about to be let.

Also anyone hear the latest on when SPAR are due to open

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Black Amnesia

Am I the only one who's a bit pissed off with the hours of construction work on the liffey trust development beside blocks A & D?

They've broken their working curfew every single day, both morning and night for the last 2 weeks, every single day, even a Sunday a couple of weeks ago.. It doesn't bother me in the morning, I leave about 730, but it's still not acceptable, same with the evenings.. Am I alone on this?

Not much problems with the continuing Castleforbes development, aside from the odd pre 7 o'clock delivery..

I'm told that it'll be at least January before the SPAR opens on castleforbes.
    They are currently fitting out 3 x new shops in the D4 Docklands...

There is also meant to be a supervalu opening in the area - not sure where though

Jones LaSalle are still trying to rent out the Castleforbes road offices - all floors still available - renting at €30 sq ft - which is about €20 per sq ft less than the going rate in D1/D2-D4... But they still havn't managed to shift it yet.

I tried to get my boss to look at it - but he felt the transport + Lunchtime infrastructure was not right in the Area yet... I'm sure once Dublin Bus sort out the bus situation (maybe get the no 90 to start from the Point instead of the Mace in IFSC?) The office will be snapped up as its a bargain...

The builders on the liffey Development trust site seem to be a law onto them selves.... Anyone reckon the management co can do anything about it?

geecee wrote:
    The builders on the liffey Development trust site seem to be a law onto them selves.... Anyone reckon the management co can do anything about it?

They really are, there was guys working on site at 6:45 this morning, a Saturday, over 3 hours before they are allowed to start by law.

It's pretty simple, they are in breach of their building permit, so we could quite easily get the site closed down with persistent offiences, or at least threaten to get it closed down. But an official complaint will have to come from a recognised residents group, or else a number of us will have to complain individually..

Their (the developers) argument will be more than likely the quicker they get it up the quicker there's no noise, but as always that's not acceptable, they'll be building it for at least a year one way or another, and they should be doing it within the law.

I'll be pursuing this in the next week if they don't get their act together (which I am 100% sure they won't)..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ELEPE

:rolleyes: Hi there!
    I have been reading this board for months and have decided to join! Let us complain!!
    A classic: I am an INTERNET IRISH BROADBAND RIPWAVE user and works good for me. I do send pics and "heavy emails" and it ok for me, is not that bad at all, for browsing is great for just 19.90 per month. However I have to say I live in a top floor and facing the Spire.

Noise:totally agree with Black Amnesia, every morning is hell and the ligths at night are just unacceptable. We must do something about it and Black Amnesia seems to have a great drive!!!

They can give all the excuses they want ,but they MUST respect the CURFEW. I dont care if the works takes longer, I wont get richer if they finish earlier, what we want is to rest properly. They are only allowed to work from 8am to 6pm, so they are obviously taking the piss and abusing their position. The workers happy cos they get more money, the developer happy cos it will rip off buyers quicker, and the banks happy cos they rip off their customers earlier... so the only losers are us!! The people who has to get up early to pay our mortgage and pay the developers!!
    I am considering putting up some notes in the lifts so people will learn about this website and all our concerns, so we can get more people together. Do you guys reckon it would be a good idea??

Thanks guys !! and dont let the fat cats get fatter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mmata

Hi,

What is the best option of BB in CastleForbes???

Im reading about, clearwire, BT, eircom, but all have limit of usage.

Anyone use Sky Conway BB??? Its good??? Its Wireless or cable???

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ptolo

Hi folks,

My car was broken into this week in our 'secure' basement. Nice and professional job - door lock intact, no unnecessary damage, only valuable things taken - all by the book. The worrying thing is that they tried starting the car messing with the wires and ignition. Looks to me that they knew what they were doing and the only reason this car is still in there is because something scared them off.

Anyway, I learnt my lesson cheaply (a new radio + repairing the ignition=only a few hundreds) but maybe we should all learn something from it...

1. This car park is definitely NOT secure.
    2. We need to put an end to Danninger's careless opening the basement gates.
    3. CCTV and a security guard are a MUST.

That said, I'd appreciate any ideas on what to do next (apart from talking to Garda). I can't start the car (ignition wires pulled out) - anybody knows a good mechanic/electrician that can help me out?

Maybe we could also use this case to finally sort things out with Danninger and the careless builders.

Cheers,
    ptolo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cplpunishmnt

I keep my car under block E and I find the gates open constantly! If it's not the builders it's the cleaners. They use ropes to tie the gates open. It must be stopped if our cars and bikes are to remain . . . "secure"

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

ELEPE wrote:
    :rolleyes: Hi there!
    I have been reading this board for months and have decided to join! Let us complain!!
    A classic: I am an INTERNET IRISH BROADBAND RIPWAVE user and works good for me. I do send pics and "heavy emails" and it ok for me, is not that bad at all, for browsing is great for just 19.90 per month. However I have to say I live in a top floor and facing the Spire.

Noise:totally agree with Black Amnesia, every morning is hell and the ligths at night are just unacceptable. We must do something about it and Black Amnesia seems to have a great drive!!!

They can give all the excuses they want ,but they MUST respect the CURFEW. I dont care if the works takes longer, I wont get richer if they finish earlier, what we want is to rest properly. They are only allowed to work from 8am to 6pm, so they are obviously taking the piss and abusing their position. The workers happy cos they get more money, the developer happy cos it will rip off buyers quicker, and the banks happy cos they rip off their customers earlier... so the only losers are us!! The people who has to get up early to pay our mortgage and pay the developers!!
    I am considering putting up some notes in the lifts so people will learn about this website and all our concerns, so we can get more people together. Do you guys reckon it would be a good idea??

Thanks guys !! and dont let the fat cats get fatter!

Hi all,

I'm with you on the noise and light from the Liffey Trust site. Its totally unacceptable. I spoke with a really nice guy called Enda in RF Management and he gave me the info for taking these guys to the district court (apparently the best way to get them to stop the noise and light).

Enda said to me that they have had lots of success in other developments with this approach. It only takes one person to be the complainant but apparently to ensure success this complainant needs to have as many other residents as possible who are willing to turn up in court on the hearing date to support the complaint.

I'm willing to start this or to turn up in court on the hearing date if someone else starts the process as I'm abroad until 10th December.

I have attached (I think) the document he sent me with the details. And he said he'd be happy to give us more advice on this.

What do yiz think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 whatsat

The noise from the Liffey Trust site on Saturday morning was ridiculous!! must have gone on for a good hour at 5 or 6 in the morning- really not the best when you've been out on the beer...

I've been working with ReallyBad to get a dedicated forum set up for us, I think it's better to move over to our own site than try and keep track of the number of problems through this one thread.

I've finished setting up the basic site at http://www.castleforbesresidents.com, please signup first, read the welcome note and then help get the site going. I'll be looking to post up notices around the whole complex to get as many people onto this as possible, hopefully from here we can somewhat direct things and get a residents committee together.

Be nice, post items into a relevant forum and obviously don't sign up with your apartment number as your name..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

I've been working with ReallyBad to get a dedicated forum set up for us, I think it's better to move over to our own site than try and keep track of the number of problems through this one thread.

I've finished setting up the basic site at http://www.castleforbesresidents.com, please signup first, read the welcome note and then help get the site going. I'll be looking to post up notices around the whole complex to get as many people onto this as possible, hopefully from here we can somewhat direct things and get a residents committee together.

Be nice, post items into a relevant forum and obviously don't sign up with your apartment number as your name..

Thanks for that work Black Amnesia. As BA said, its vital that we get a residents committee up and running ASAP, therefore i have started a post on the site looking for suggestions in an effort to get one started. Please feel free to respond with suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

Thanks for the work to get the other site up.

Its fantastic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mr. C

Hi Godjano

I notice your looking for a car space under block E. If you want I can rent mine to you. I live in block E myself.

Mr C

• Advertisement

Wow .. This thread has gone really quiet!
    I guess that must mena that everyone is happy in CF now?

(I doubt it)

Some random thoughts:

Was reading the Hannover Quay forum over on neighbours.ie ... At least we don't have the prostitue problems and loud neighbours problems that they seem to be having there!

I notice that the portakabin that was abandoned last week on castleforbes road has disappeared. Thanks to who ever it was that got rid of that!

The rubbish on the road is still as bad as ever, i walked some friends home to my place the other day and was ashamed of my life with the rubbish on the street. (and the amount of people on their way to the bruce springsteen concert that were urinating inside the street)

Looks like the clampers has a field day the last 7 days with the springsteen and christina Aguilera concert!

Also the lack of Bins under Block D is disgraceful, bins are emptied on a tuesday - and full be the wednesday! Imagine what it will be like when Blocks A and B start to dump their rubbish also (not to mention the amount of traffic taht will be passing in and out of the car park!)

Thanks to the Gardai for running their sirens inside the square at 1.30 last night... Just so they could hassle some poor chinese guy who was unloading his shopping!

Get out there and arrest some criminals you fat assed wasters!

Seriously though i'd like to know how many actual cars have been broken into in the whole estate (not sure if its the dame people who are reporting the same robberies every time or if its differnet robberies!)

Hi Geecee,

Head over to www.castleforbesresidents.com, I'll be posting notices around the complex to direct everybody in that direction for discussions from now on..

Si.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bico

It seems that the shopfitters are busy in one of the retail units below block C. Does anyone know what's going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Did any hear that loud bang a few minutes ago????? What was it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JACKSPOCK

I contacted Dublin City Council and arranged from them to remove the abandoned portacabin.

The number of the local ( city council ) environmental depot in Sean Mc Dermott street is 2222248.

I phoned them on a friday and they came and took it away on a monday.

They are the best people to contact about getting the rubbish / litter on the local streets cleaned up.

So how about a few of you out there phoning them.

Regards

I notice that the unit unbder 1C is haviung roller shutters installed this afternoon (monday)
    Hopefully we should see something happening there soon!

A SuperValu (in addition to the Spar) is rumoured to be opening in the area... could this be it? Or ist it too much wishful thinking on my part?

Arrgh!
    I can't seem to get me storage heating working correctly...

I'm not sure if i have a faulty unit or its something I'm doing wrong!

I have 2 storage heaters:
    1 x small in hallway
    1 x large in living room

I switch on both wall sockets.
    I set the input to 6 and the Output to 1 (as per the manual)
    I set the 2 x knobs on my fuseboard to the middle (default setting)

At 11 the heating should come on and start to heat the storage heaters... ond they should let out heat over the course of the next 24 hours... Is this correct?

When i want a boost i can turn on the second wall socket - this turns on the convection heater (which does work)

There is also no manual thermostat in the apartment... is this normal?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orangec

Hey folks, new user here. Great forum! Have been reading some of the posts here over the last few weeks and decided to join up as I think its a great idea......and had a few things of my own I wanted to check up....

Just the most recent thing which I was wondering if anyone else experienced......this morning Wednesday at about 1:30am someone was in Block D knocking on all the doors in the common hallway. I didnt answer, but then only to notice that whoever was there tried to open some of the doors, not forcefully but just trying the handles!?!?!?!?
    First thing this morning I called the Mgt company to report it.... Did anyone notice this last night?
    Are the newly installed cameras in the ground floor working and where do they link up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 146

Ooo for god sake!! If ur not confident enough to confront the intruder (and it certainly sounds like one) then call the cops-thats what they're there for! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Alio

yeah im with 146 on this one - the first thing i thought when i read the original msg was - "call the guards!" and if you see people trying car doors in the car park - "call the guards!" and if you see a ghost in your apartment.....who ya gonna call....?

Advertisement