Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 146

.....Johnny Cullen?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orangec

The whole thing happened in about 30 seconds and they had vanished by the time I did get to the apt door!

The mgt company has since called to say that they went down to investigate and found out it was one of the other residents friends arriving back to the apartments drunk and not sure of what apartment they were staying in.... A bit strange to be honest, but thats the explanation I was given.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tpersoon

geecee wrote:
    Arrgh!
    I can't seem to get me storage heating working correctly...

I'm not sure if i have a faulty unit or its something I'm doing wrong!

I have 2 storage heaters:
    1 x small in hallway
    1 x large in living room

I switch on both wall sockets.
    I set the input to 6 and the Output to 1 (as per the manual)
    I set the 2 x knobs on my fuseboard to the middle (default setting)

At 11 the heating should come on and start to heat the storage heaters... ond they should let out heat over the course of the next 24 hours... Is this correct?

When i want a boost i can turn on the second wall socket - this turns on the convection heater (which does work)

There is also no manual thermostat in the apartment... is this normal?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice!

Hi Geecee

I've just moved in two weeks ago, and I experienced the same problem in my block D apartment. I've opened up my fuse box and checked the off-peak cable (this one should give 220V when the off-peak rate are on: 11pm-7am or something). But the line remains dead throughout the night. No wonder my storage heaters aren't storing.

I'm able to run the storage heaters by bypassing the controller and supplying 220V to the relay directly. The heaters gave off a chemical sort of smell, which is normal according to the owner's manual when the heaters are first used. So since I'm the second tenant, I guess the people before me never used their storage heaters either.

Anyway, I took it up to Danninger and yesterday, I got an electrician to come along. But he doesn't believe me when I say the off-peak signal isn't working (hard to check when it's daylight isn't it !). So I guess I'll try to have a look into the meter cabinet in the car park and see if I find anything wrong there.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bico

bico wrote:
    It seems that the shopfitters are busy in one of the retail units below block C. Does anyone know what's going in there?

I spoke to the guys working in the shop and they informed me it's shop for electrics

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Hi Bico
    Not being smart - but what exactly is an "electrics" shop?
    Does this mean it will be selling TVs, Fridges, cookers etc?
    Or Electric cables and wiring equipment?

If its a TV shop its going to be a bit late for most of us - but i guesss well positioned for all the new developments that are happening around

If is a wholsale/DIY type place - God help the residents on Block C with Vans coming and going at 8 AM on a saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bico

I know, should have asked more questions when I had the opportunity. Only realised afterwards that electrics /electrical shop can mean many things. There is logic in setting up a business that sells electrical appliances, as there are many more apartments on the way in the area and no competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orangec

I don't remember any planning permission stating what business is planning to move into that corner block. The last such notice was Spar.... was it not? and then that moved over to the other corner across the way.....
    Would people not have preferred the likes of a restaurant/coffee shop rather than an electrics shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JACKSPOCK

Any update of what happening to the SPAR shop.

Interesting to see how quick the new Londis Shop opened up on East Road.

Also good to see the progress with all the demolition work on the old Brooks Thomas site. Noticed that the Bathrooms / Tiles / Wooden Floors shop is now closed and vacated and is next for the wrecking ball.

Any of you here anything else of interest vis a vis the point village development or the disused Dublin Maritime office building on the corner of Castleforbes Road.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JACKSPOCK

Any update of what happening to the SPAR shop.

Interesting to see how quick the new Londis Shop opened up on East Road.

Also good to see the progress with all the demolition work on the old Brooks Thomas site. Noticed that the Bathrooms / Tiles / Wooden Floors shop is now closed and vacated and is next for the wrecking ball.

Any of you hear anything else of interest vis a vis the point village development or the disused Dublin Maritime office building on the corner of Castleforbes Road.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 delog

Good morning folks!
    It's been a while and I can see that there isn't much happening.
    Happy 2007 to all...!

I've been holding out on Sky Conway for the last 6 months and am wondering if there is an update on the NTL service in the older blocks ie C,E,D? Or Magnet? Eircom are great but it would be handy to have three in one service.

I'm slightly concerned re the "electrics shop". Are we talking a mini DID Electrical/ Harvey Norman or Bang & Olafson? Parking is already difficult on the road with a lot of cars now on the opposite side of the street. I can't imagine where customers buying high definition tvs are going to park! YOu know what I think would be a great thing to have downstairs - a self service laundromat. Ones that you can wash and dry in less than 90 minutes!

I've also been holding out on parking my bike downstairs in the carpark. Has anyone any problems with stolen bikes down there?

I saw a security type person in front of the gates the ohter night wearing a fluorescent jacket. Is he just security for the site - ie temporary? What news on that front?

delog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

guys i suggest you post any comments & questions to here :- http://www.castleforbesresidents.com/. This forum is very active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 North Port

The North Port Dwwellers' Association is the long winded name of a group of residents of New Wapping Street and Upper Mayor Street that have been meeting every month or so for the past year.

Our next meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday, March 6th at 7.30pm. The meeting takes place in the National College of Ireland in the FSC. The agenda is comprised of issues of concern to residents such as planning, the condition of the area, traffic etc. Some residents of Castleforbes Square attended last month and the purpose of this mail is to say that all are welcome.

Regards

Nort Port

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liamdobrien

Hi

I just moved into Castleforbes Square and I have a couple of questions.

What do people think in the best option for Broadband in the area? Is eircom working here yet? I've heard conflicting stories. My landlord says it can be connected.

Also, whats the going rent here? We are paying €1200 for a 1 bed. It's well finnished and equiped etc, but just want to make sure we are not been ripped off!!

Thanks,

Liam

p.s. where's the best pub around here?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Hi Guys,
    Can i have feedback on how the managing agents (RFPM I Believe?) are doing in Castleforbes please? Just wondering if the experiences with them have been good, bad or indifferent as we are trying to clear some issues up.
    Cheers,
    Gibo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 takethat

Hi Guys

i have a huge problem with sky conway rentals at the moment in the aparmtne complex block ive named above!!! our TV keeps breaking down basically, in the whole block aswell and they are more or less saying its not their fault (when it is, ive spoken to the builders etc). Are you guys all talking about sky conway based somewhere in the North?? they spoke to me like cr** basically,. we pay them 40 euro a quarter for rubbish channels and we cant get NTL. i just want them to fix the fact that we go home at night and alot of the time our sky digital and our other channels are all off for the night and we get no tv, not right at all.

Does anyone, please, know what i can do about this or who i can go to, cause it aint right at all that we pay for a service and we dont get it at all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

takethat wrote:
    Hi Guys

i have a huge problem with sky conway rentals at the moment in the aparmtne complex block ive named above!!! our TV keeps breaking down basically, in the whole block aswell and they are more or less saying its not their fault (when it is, ive spoken to the builders etc). Are you guys all talking about sky conway based somewhere in the North?? they spoke to me like cr** basically,. we pay them 40 euro a quarter for rubbish channels and we cant get NTL. i just want them to fix the fact that we go home at night and alot of the time our sky digital and our other channels are all off for the night and we get no tv, not right at all.

Does anyone, please, know what i can do about this or who i can go to, cause it aint right at all that we pay for a service and we dont get it at all!!!!

Jebus, takethat. Start a new thread! Resurrecting a moribund thread like this (on a different topic as well!) is unlikely to get you a response.

Not your ornery onager

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Does anyone know what telephone exchanges the lines going into Castleforbes are on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

it seems someone didn't read the post above theirs.

neighbours.ie is the place to ask those sorts of questions.
    That or eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

I was just trying to find out for a friend, all the other sites ask you to sign in, i really just wanted to find if its on the Whithall exchange or not.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 harding84

I have just moved into Castleforbes Square and have to register with Sky Conway and to be honest I'm a bit reluctant after reading all this..all seems a bit dodgy to me. NTL can be an annoyance to deal with but their service is great. Have never even heard of this crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Hey just moved in myself with my mate, were renting in block D top floor.
    Is it me or is the lift real slow:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

there's a website for castleforbes residents, might gain more purchase with your lift observations. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Count_CfbsSq

Hi there guys!

The above-mentioned issues are on-going. I live in block J and rubbish collection is apalling. I am not quite sure how many people bought or rented their flats in this specific block but every single time I go downstairs to dispose of my rubbish the bins both regular black and green for recycling ( we got it like in December ) are overflowing. As much as I don't mind that as, I believe, they sort it out from time to time, a situation like this will attract rats and other pests, especially when we are in such a proximity to the river.

Another thing is, I a have been living here for few months. I haven't seen security since, the corridors haven't been hoovered, lift is filthy not mentioning the floor tiles that lead you to the basement...

Are we all paying for nothing?
    This is a modern development, not some shabby council house come shack. I believe that we all have the right to change these rules. Not mentioning Sky Conway thing and no water for two days and electricity problems.

Guys, I am the last person to complain about anything and I can take a lot of ****. But what is going on here is not really on, is it?

This is not to mention that when I was viewing the apartment there were plants everywhere and lots of joy and sales atmosphere going on. All those heavy pots wit palms disappeared ( now in block next to mine on floors Ground and Fifth respectively ), where the viewings are taking place at the moment. Floors and carpets are filthy, so are lifts.

It feels like once the deal is closed they don't give a ****. And I am not scared to say that.

I believe that we are being ripped off ( maintenance fees, rubbish disposal etc. etc.) and general cleanliness of the place. Not to mention doors that are being left open for the builders for a day and lack of CCTV in my building. I believe that there are cameras in a couple of blocks but not in J.

Now with the building industry and rental slowing down and at any other time, customer should be getting what they pay for. I do not thing in the slightest this is the case in Catleforbes Square.

What do you think?

Paul

P.S. As You all mentioned before, SkyConway thing IS illegal. I've just spoken to my friend who is a lawyer. I am a SkyConway customer and an unhappy one.

Sorry for all this whinging but it had to be said after over three months. I am a last person to complain. Please help'!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Hi there guys!

The above-mentioned issues are on-going. I live in block J and rubbish collection is apalling. I am not quite sure how many people bought or rented their flats in this specific block but every single time I go downstairs to dispose of my rubbish the bins both regular black and green for recycling ( we got it like in December ) are overflowing. As much as I don't mind that as, I believe, they sort it out from time to time, a situation like this will attract rats and other pests, especially when we are in such a proximity to the river.

Another thing is, I a have been living here for few months. I haven't seen security since, the corridors haven't been hoovered, lift is filthy not mentioning the floor tiles that lead you to the basement...

Are we all paying for nothing?
    This is a modern development, not some shabby council house come shack. I believe that we all have the right to change these rules. Not mentioning Sky Conway thing and no water for two days and electricity problems.

Guys, I am the last person to complain about anything and I can take a lot of ****. But what is going on here is not really on, is it?

This is not to mention that when I was viewing the apartment there were plants everywhere and lots of joy and sales atmosphere going on. All those heavy pots wit palms disappeared ( now in block next to mine on floors Ground and Fifth respectively ), where the viewings are taking place at the moment. Floors and carpets are filthy, so are lifts.

It feels like once the deal is closed they don't give a ****. And I am not scared to say that.

I believe that we are being ripped off ( maintenance fees, rubbish disposal etc. etc.) and general cleanliness of the place. Not to mention doors that are being left open for the builders for a day and lack of CCTV in my building. I believe that there are cameras in a couple of blocks but not in J.

Now with the building industry and rental slowing down and at any other time, customer should be getting what they pay for. I do not thing in the slightest this is the case in Catleforbes Square.

What do you think?

Paul

P.S. As You all mentioned before, SkyConway thing IS illegal. I've just spoken to my friend who is a lawyer. I am a SkyConway customer and an unhappy one.

Sorry for all this whinging but it had to be said after over three months. I am a last person to complain. Please help'!

Paul,

Try http://castleforbesresidents.com/

Alot of residents on here who you can speak with..

Personally, I am in Block E and have had no problems with what you mentioned bar Skyconway, which is just a complete joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Count_CfbsSq

Hi there,

Many thanks for that.
    After my yesterday's intervention (Hooke and Macdonald, RF Management and writing on here), a miracle has happened.

Carpets have been hoovered, floors mopped, lift cleaned and bins emptied.
    I must say that as much as I am grateful, I am also astonished how quickly they responded.

It is just such a shame that they don't do it themselves but need a little kick in the butt to get things done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 polikmu

just to go back about the tv debacle. What if you had one of those starview boxes that gives you all the channels for free. i know they work with NTL but has anyone tried it with this Conway service?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

polikmu wrote: »
    just to go back about the tv debacle. What if you had one of those starview boxes that gives you all the channels for free. i know they work with NTL but has anyone tried it with this Conway service?

Won't work. conways use an individual sky reciever for each individual channel. Works differently than NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 polikmu

thanks for that gibo. guess i wont be buying one so!!! :) couldnt make myself pay for all the channels after having them free for so long!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dublinpiano

Hi all,

I am currently seriously considering buying an apartment in Castleforbes Square, love the area, what the area is being turned into, lots of positives. Although it may sound rather trivial in the bigger picture, I am very concerned about the internet/tv situation at Castleforbes. So much so that I am having to reconsider moving.

Is it still the case that you cannot choose a provider and simply 'have to' use what is supplied whatever crap it may be?

As someone who relies on this heavily for work etc I believe everyone should have the right to choose who they want and the price they are willing to pay.

And why has this issue never been resolved? people should not be bullied.
    Thanks,
    R

Advertisement