Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Is it still the case that you cannot choose a provider and simply 'have to' use what is supplied whatever crap it may be?
    No. We started off with Eircom, then switched to BT. 7.4Mbps only though, we're not on the right exchange for the 24Mbps offer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dublinpiano

Thanks for that. So is NTL not an option then? I hate the thought of having to pay line rental etc when i don't even need to use the phone. All i need is TV and broadband. I have NTL at the moment and although customer service is pretty bad, I've had very few problems with the service.

Is NTL or another cable company in the area and available? Or would it have to be either phone line internet or something like clearwire or like? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

You can get television and internet provided as a package by Sky Conway. They wouldn't have a great rep elsewhere as they are the sole television provider in many developments (monopoly) but they do provide a decent internet service too, no need for a phone line. You might want to ring them re speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dublinpiano

That's what I was afraid of. I wouldn't go near them, just looked up their website, I could set up a better one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Well I wouldn't decide on an apartment purchase on the basis of a service provider's website but then I guess the service they provide suits my needs. It may not suit yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

IN regard to eircom line rental they built the network exchanges infrastructre so anyone with a phone pays line rental 2them.You can 10GIG broadband wireless from 3 ,vodaphone etc or ntl if ntl was allowed to install in your building.
    I think when the apartments are accupied and built the residents can take over the management company and get sky and ntl if they want it in 2 years time approx.IN dublin house prices are going down ie you can almost get a house 4 the same price as a 1bed apartment .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

IN regard to eircom line rental they built the network exchanges infrastructre so anyone with a phone pays line rental 2them.You can 10GIG broadband wireless from 3 ,vodaphone etc 20euro per month or ntl if ntl broadband was allowed to install in your building.
    I think when the apartments are accupied and built the residents can take over the management company and get sky and ntl if they want it in 2 years time approx.IN dublin house prices are going down ie you can almost get a house 4 the same price as a 1bed apartment .

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Any idea what the maintenance costs are on this property per annum?

I'm afraid I don't understand the problem with the tv/internet monopoly. Wouldn't I be paying this amount for the broadband anyway. 7Gigs seems alright for anything you'd want doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

I'll be moving in to Castleforbes in 2 weeks.

I was wondering, what are my options for tv? Do I have to go with sky conway?

If so, how does it work? Do I pay them a fee and pay sky on top of that?

Are all the options available to me that are advertised on the sky website i.e. Sky+?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carolmor

Hi
    I am looking for a cheap car parking space in carpark Riverside 1 at Forbes st. Under the RedmondMolloy Dental clinic.
    any offfers please ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement