Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

Goosey wrote:
    Lads ..is there an actual Mgmt. company for the complex ( Castleforbes ) in place yet??? :confused:

If so what is their name and contact details? :eek:

Thx

info@rfpm.ie

Enda McDonnell

RF Property Management

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭jdc78

The Property Management in place is:

R.F. Property Management
    Ulysses House, Foley Street, Dublin 1
    Tel: 888 1414, Fax: 888 1511
    Web: www.rfpm.ie, Email: info@rfpm.ie

RE Broadband w/ Sky Conway.... emailed yesterday but no answer as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Folks,
    I have good news for you guys (better than for myself so far). An agreement has been reached for Castleforbes Square (and another building in Castleforbes - unknown) that NTL will provide service. Drawings are expected to be submitted on Friday of this week and hopefully news by end of next week so good work as this is due to volume of complaints!!!
    As for our development we have to wait in line behind you guys now due to it being much bigger than ours.
    So well done to all...
    * News straight from Brian in NTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Goosey

Cheers Gibo. Thanks for the information.
    Not a big fan of NTL but they are a damned sight better then Sky Conway :)

Now for those of us that need a phone line :eek:

The reply from the TCA

Yes ...my name is Fred :eek:

Original Message
    Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:30 PM
    To: Fred
    Subject: Re : Complaint : Sky Conway : Monopoly of Televsion signal service to an apartment block

Dear Fred,

I refer to your email to me. Thank you for bring this to the Competition Authority's attention. Your compalint has been forward to the Screen Process.

Kind regards

Han

Han Nie
    Case Officer/Economist,
    Monopolies Division,
    Competition Authority,
    Parnell House,
    14 Parnell Square,
    Dublin 1

Tel: +353 1804 5418
    Fax: +353 1804 5401

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Trucks can only park on the following streets (they can stop / deliver anywhere).

• Mayor Street Upper, Dublin 1 (outside paid parking hours)
    • Sheriff Street Upper, Dublin 1

http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/by_car/parking/park_legally_in_dublin_city.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Victor wrote:
    Trucks can only park on the following streets (they can stop / deliver anywhere).

Don't forget - this is for on-street parking only and excludes private estates (like castle orbes!)
    All vehicles whose unladen weight is 3 tonnes or over are prohibited from parking on-street within the Dublin City Council administrative area, except at designated locations.

So therefore truck parking is a management issue if the street is private.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hey guys,
    Mate of mine works for Clearwire.
    He said that if you get him 10 names who want Clearwire, he can do everybody the same day, and give free activation worth E39.

Send him a mail on

alan.ryan@clearwire.ie

Hope it helps, as its just a idea

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Hi Gibo
    Thanks for that great news!
    Pity i just paid to get signed up to sky-conway, but i guess it will take NTL a few months to get the area cabled up anyway...

As for the phone lines, when you get your 3MB NTL cable connection @30PM there will be no need to have a phone line at all. Blueface can provide you with all the equipment and numbers needed to use VOIP and never again require a phoneline!

Hi guys

Below is the reply from NTL, they certainly want to supply but i fear that the infrastructure wont be there! :-(

Hi

As you are aware Danningers would not allow us provide service to your
    Development during the build stage, preferring to go with the other
    provider. Since then they have indicated that they want us to service the
    next phase of the Development, and we are currently finalising our Planning
    process for this.
    When we are presenting these plans we will ask about retrospectively
    installing in your area, assuming that this is physically possible at this
    stage. For this to happen there needs to be some minimum infrastructural
    work done at build stage so we can connect to the main network and lay on
    all our services including Broadband.
    As soon as I have any further news I will come back to you - probably in the
    next fortnight.

Regards,

Brian.

Brian Dowling
    New Developments Manager
    ntl
    Unit 6
    Broomhill Business Park
    Broomhill Rd.
    Tallaght
    Dublin, 24

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote:
    Hey guys,
    Mate of mine works for Clearwire.
    He said that if you get him 10 names who want Clearwire, he can do everybody the same day, and give free activation worth E39.

Send him a mail on

alan.ryan@clearwire.ie

Hope it helps, as its just a idea

AntoDeco, thats great, however i was wondering if anyone else would agree that it would be better to wait until we get an outcome from Brian at NTL, he is dues to get back to us within two weeks and we should know more then. Because personally i would prefer NTL broadband and dont want to be toed to a contract with Sky.....

Victor wrote:

http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/by_car/parking/park_legally_in_dublin_city.asp

Hi Vitor,

thats great to know, so all those truck trailers left on Castleforbes road are left there illegally? is that correct? Would it be worth a call from myself?

Hi RB
    Did your colleague bring in the clearwire box for you to try tonight?
    Do you intend to try VOIP and P2P on it or just browsing?
    Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it...

geecee wrote:
    Hi RB
    Did your colleague bring in the clearwire box for you to try tonight?
    Do you intend to try VOIP and P2P on it or just browsing?
    Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it...

He is bringing it in tomorrow for me (if he doesnt forget :-)) and i will let ye know how i go. I will be using it for browsing and VOIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GRANGE124

Hi Geecee,

Got 2megs for €30pm for 6 months, then €40pm
    Router €89 - going rate for a decent one
    Haven't tried VOIP yet- don't think it's blocked, was told skype/blueface etc could be used.
    They do have a limit on downloads alright.
    Fraid I didn ask re limewire etc- don't really use 'em

reallybad wrote:
    Hi guys

Below is the reply from NTL, they certainly want to supply but i fear that the infrastructure wont be there! :-(

Hi

As you are aware Danningers would not allow us provide service to your
    Development during the build stage, preferring to go with the other
    provider. Since then they have indicated that they want us to service the
    next phase of the Development, and we are currently finalising our Planning
    process for this.
    When we are presenting these plans we will ask about retrospectively
    installing in your area, assuming that this is physically possible at this
    stage. For this to happen there needs to be some minimum infrastructural
    work done at build stage so we can connect to the main network and lay on
    all our services including Broadband.
    As soon as I have any further news I will come back to you - probably in the
    next fortnight.

Regards,

Brian.

Brian Dowling
    New Developments Manager
    ntl
    Unit 6
    Broomhill Business Park
    Broomhill Rd.
    Tallaght
    Dublin, 24

We're shagged in D block:(

The only other way is individual sat dishes. :rolleyes:

Hi Goosey
    What make you think that D block is shagged?
    Surely NTL can use the existing SkyConway cables to deliver their services?

RB:
    I notice we are down to 1 abandoned trailer on CF road at this stage, so well done if its you that managed to get rid of them!

Incidentally i noticed this morning that there is a 3 Tonne limit on castleforbes road. I think maybe Dublin City Council need to enforce this rule a little better, considering the amount of trucks that use CF road as a shortcut when the north quays are full....

geecee wrote:
    Hi Goosey
    What make you think that D block is shagged?
    Surely NTL can use the existing SkyConway cables to deliver their services?

RB:
    I notice we are down to 1 abandoned trailer on CF road at this stage, so well done if its you that managed to get rid of them!

Incidentally i noticed this morning that there is a 3 Tonne limit on castleforbes road. I think maybe Dublin City Council need to enforce this rule a little better, considering the amount of trucks that use CF road as a shortcut when the north quays are full....

It wasnt actually me, when i saw them being moved on my way to work this morning i was just delighted, can anyone take responsibility for calling people on this?

How do the council enforce the 3 tonne limit, because look at the state of the road, its hazardous on a bike!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 RossMahon

argh damn fools

Lads ..please don't respond to the last post ...it's some kid trying to start a flame war. I'll get a moderator to look into it.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Child removed. Sorry about that.

DeV.

Thx Devore ...really appreciate the very fast response :)

Hi everyone

I emailed Dublin Bus in relation to the 53A bus route and the possibilty of extending the service. I noticed the new bus stop outside BTW so thought maybe they had something in the pipelines

Anyway below is the reply i got so looks like we may have a new service in about 5 years :-)

I have enquired with our depot in Clontarf in relation to the 53A service. The route will come under review when the port tunnel is opened as we will need to be able to asses the impact it will have and make the necessary changes.

It is only when the public point out these problems can we correct them and deliver a better and more professional service to the customer.

If you have any further comment you may reach me at 7033195.

Kevin Synnott

Dublin Bus

Public Affairs Department

59 Upper O'Connell Street

Dublin 1

Tel: 01 703 3195

E-Mail: Kevin.Synnott@Dublinbus.ie

I spoke to one of the 53a drivers the other day
    He advised me that the bus shelters on the North quays were put there by the Bus shelter company, who were nothing to di with CIE or Dublin Bus.

They were simply put there to be used for advertising according to him.

He also advised me that the bus does not always come down as far as the point when traffic is bad at the east link. Instead the buses turn around inside dublin port...

He reckons the best palce to get the bus is by going:
    -Out of castleforbes road to Sherrif st upper.
    -Walking towards town and then taking the first right.
    -Go over the hump back railway bridge.
    -Half way over the bridge there is a pedestrian walk that brings u down to street level.
    -There is a bus stop at that point.

Its around 4 minute walk from the development so about the same distance as the point. But the buses are guaranteed to pass this point, they are not always guaranteed to get to the point!

Greecee,
    do you know what bus route this is?

its the 53a, same one as goes from the point depot... but 4 or 5 stops down the line...

He also advised me that the 90 bus runs from Heuston station to the Mace in the IFSC via burgh quay(not quite home - but better than nothing!)

First bus from I.F.S.C. at 0710 then buses every 15 minutes until 1455.

From 1525 until 1855 buses every 15 minutes.

After 1855 departures as follows: 1925 / 1955 / 2045 / 2130 / 2150 / 2210 / 2230.
    Flat fare is €1.10

PS Reallybad:
    hows the Clearwire trial going?
    Is it any good for Voip?
    Ripwave is not worth a damn for voip (or anything)

Perhaps a gang of us should get together and set up a wireless network in the building to use for Voip and browsing (seeing as P2P is banned on clearwires network)

Has anyone heard back from SkyConway about their BB product yet?

geecee wrote:
    its the 53a, same one as goes from the point depot... but 4 or 5 stops down the line...

He also advised me that the 90 bus runs from Heuston station to the Mace in the IFSC via burgh quay(not quite home - but better than nothing!)

First bus from I.F.S.C. at 0710 then buses every 15 minutes until 1455.

From 1525 until 1855 buses every 15 minutes.

After 1855 departures as follows: 1925 / 1955 / 2045 / 2130 / 2150 / 2210 / 2230.
    Flat fare is €1.10

PS Reallybad:
    hows the Clearwire trial going?
    Is it any good for Voip?
    Ripwave is not worth a damn for voip (or anything)

Perhaps a gang of us should get together and set up a wireless network in the building to use for Voip and browsing (seeing as P2P is banned on clearwires network)

Has anyone heard back from SkyConway about their BB product yet?

Clearwire is working a treat when it comes to browsing. Fast quick and easy as BB should be! However i tried skype and it doesnt work properly. i might wait until NTL gets back to us to see what they can offer us.

But if its browsing you are after, clearwire is more than adequate and to be honest i dont really use voip that often so i might give it a go......

Yes but is it really worth going with a severly restricted package like Clearwire, with small caps, when they have a minimum 1 year contract?

I think you would be kicking yourself if you were caught into a 1 year contract with them and DSL/Cable was to become available (which it surely should in the next 12 months!)

I've still not heard back from Sky-Conway about their broadband... Despite an e-mail and 2 phone calls... Not very impressed with that!

Ripwave was worse than ever last night...

geecee wrote:
    Yes but is it really worth going with a severly restricted package like Clearwire, with small caps, when they have a minimum 1 year contract?

I think you would be kicking yourself if you were caught into a 1 year contract with them and DSL/Cable was to become available (which it surely should in the next 12 months!)

I've still not heard back from Sky-Conway about their broadband... Despite an e-mail and 2 phone calls... Not very impressed with that!

Ripwave was worse than ever last night...

Yeah Sky Conway are a pack of jokers. They only promise "up to 1M" thats total rubbish. Keeping away from them.

I think i will wait for the outcome of the NTL discussion before ordering Clearwire. The thing is I need some form of Broadband for my work, the cap would not bother me and although i use Skype for personal use and work use, it is pretty minimal.

AS for Ripwave i have had it now for about 14 months(had no choice where i lived last either) and it is getting progressively worse as time has gone on. The service is almost no existant. Dial up i MUCH better. I really believe that they are ripping people off by claiming it is broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Lads,
    Just wondering did the original specs for Castleforbes Square say that the apartments are "wired" for broadband and/or satellite television?

Thanks..

Advertisement