Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Goosey

candyman wrote:
    Lads,
    Just wondering did the original specs for Castleforbes Square say that the apartments are "wired" for broadband and/or satellite television?

Thanks..

I think the term used was "a modern living environment" ....albeit without a phone or proper internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roar83

Hey guys, heres a luist of the local county councillers i aquired from Dublin coperation.

Christy Burke
    Members Room City Hall Cork Hill Dublin 1
    086 812 6347 (M)
    01 222 3702

cllr_christy.burke@dublincity.ie

Emer Costello
    Labour Party Constituency Office 334 North Circular Road Phibsborough Dublin 7
    086 383 18 05 (M)

cllr_emer.costello@dublincity.ie

Aodhán Ó Riordáin
    91 Clonliffe Avenue, Ballybough, Dublin 3.
    086 8190336

aodhanor@eircom.net

Mick Rafferty
    12 Richmond Cottages, North Circular Road, Dublin 1.
    087 235 15 47 (M)
    855 82 91

michael.rafferty@cta.ie

Tom Stafford
    99 Amiens Street, Dublin 1.
    086 303 69 62 (M)
    855 56 89

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Victor wrote:
    Trucks can only park on the following streets (they can stop / deliver anywhere).

• Mayor Street Upper, Dublin 1 (outside paid parking hours)
    • Sheriff Street Upper, Dublin 1

http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/by_car/parking/park_legally_in_dublin_city.asp
    gibo_ie wrote:
    Don't forget - this is for on-street parking only and excludes private estates (like castle[f]orbes!)
    Castleforbes Road is a public road, the apartment complex(es) are a different matter. It could be a planning matter if there is habitual storage of commercial vehicles.

"1. You can make a general complaint or enquiry by telephoning the Dublin Street Parking Services Consumer Service Line: 353 1 602 2500." Same people for the 3 tonne limit.

The Docklands Station on Sheriff Street (at the Royal Canal), has a decision for approval on the planning permission. It is likely to be finished next year. The station will serve Broombridge-Maynooth only. Additional buses are part of the planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

candyman wrote:
    Lads,
    Just wondering did the original specs for Castleforbes Square say that the apartments are "wired" for broadband and/or satellite television?

Thanks..

Hi Candyman,

NTL are definitely "wired" into the LH development - i have seen a box in one of the rooms. Not sure the extent of the service though, i.e. phone, tv, sat, bb, etc.

Begs

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Begs wrote:
    Hi Candyman,

NTL are definitely "wired" into the LH development - i have seen a box in one of the rooms. Not sure the extent of the service though, i.e. phone, tv, sat, bb, etc.

Begs

Cheers for that. I was just wondering as when i bought one of the Lighthouse apts up the road, thats what the spec said and true enough it is wired for ntl and broadband (thru ntl). There are eircom and ntl boxes on the walls. Yet to actually try them out tho. ;)

Having read this thread, I find it amazing that Castleforbes is so badly supplied considering the price of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Looks like the Muppet estate agents have forgotten to close the french doors on one of the D block show apartments before arming the alarms....

It'll be ringing all night unless the alarm is switched off or the door is shut...

Anyone know who we should be cobtacting to get this sorted?

In my last apt there was an after hours security number... doesn't apper to be one for Castleforbes yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Debsorette

I am absolutely appalled that a resident of Castleforbes actually tried to CLAMP my car - the absolute nerve of you. I am an owner occupier in Block D, and was actually the FIRST person to move into the apartments, and am entitled to park outside the building, AND, if there are no available spaces, entitled to park IN the underground car park as advised by the foreman of Castleforbes Square. I intend to make it my business to find out which bitter resident of Castleforbes tried to do this to my car - obviously someone stupid enough to pay the 30k to park. There always one in every apartment block - one who is obviously NOT suited to apartment living - as they have no "Community Spirit".

The owner of the SILVER FORD PUMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭jdc78

You won't be entitled to park outside after December as then the road becomes public and you will have to do the whole pay and display or permit parking according to Danninger, RF property management and Dublin City Council.

Being advised to park in the underground by the Foreman won't really hold up since the foreman, I am assuming Johnny Cullan, doesn't really have much say except for the building/ contractor aspects - he'll be gone soon and then what? I wouldn't have broadcasted either that you have access to the underground if you didn't pay for a parking space - even if you WERE the FIRST resident, etc. Car spaces were sold for a reason - for residents to park there.

Speak to the property management and you will find out that resident parking outside the apartments are not for permanent parking. You can't honestly think that you can get free parking at the complex. Unfortunately, you probably got a 1 bed and weren't entitled to parking which is a bit ricidulous. Either way though - I think you will find out that you won't be able to park there permanently for much longer without being clamped.:cool:

As for community spirit - what's with community spirit if you give out to people who abide by the rules and park where they're supposed to and pay for their parking. If you can't afford city living then move back to Ballymun!

I was onto Sky_conway today and they said it would be around another 4 weeks before their Broadband package would be available in CF...

They said it will be posted on teh noticeboards when available.

I have also been in Contact with Digiweb about their Metro product.
    They are going to contact Danninger and look into whether its possible to install Metro in the development...

Geecee,

What's the Metro package?

Also, I wrote one a city councellors about the phone line issues and Sky Conway and received the following reply:

"...Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. You may be interested to note that I had a motion at the March City Council meeting.

That the City Manager ensures that telephone are installed in all new housing units prior to letting.

At the time I was referring to DCC developments but I then became aware of private developments that obliged occupiers to take subscriptions from private operators and prevnted them from having ordinary phone lines installed, and in some cases obliged them to sign up to digital tv -this was being done through deals with some of the new operators. I raised this issue again at the April City Council meeting. I cited examples of this practice which I came across in Smithfield and asked DCC for a ruling on the practice

The manager said he would come back to me with a further report, but I haven't heard anything since.

Perhaps you could give me a call so we can discuss further. I assure you this is an issue I intend to pursue.

Regards

Emer..."

So... it seems as though some people are taking notice to the problems...:o

• Advertisement

Digiweb metro is an all in one Broadband and Phoneline offering from digiweb...
    Thats gets you 3MB Internet and phoineline for around €35 per month.

It uses line of sight technology to their transmitters in Ringsend, 3-Rock, Tallaght and Finglas and doesn't require Eircom phonelines as it uses radio and Voice-over-IP to carry the internet/telephony.

Did the Dublin City Councillor mention anything about the Eircom ducting?
    I was on to Eiecom yesterday and they said they are still waiting on DCC to carry out Ducting work before they could proceed with STARTING the phone line installations!

I have spoken to someone at Digiweb again this morning and they are going to contact Danninger diurectly to see if there is any infrastructure in place whereby Digiweb could install their Metro Product centrally in the Development or if we would even be allowed to install the radio transmitters on our balconies...

I have also written to 2 of the Dublin City Councillors to see if they can shed any light on the mysterious Ducting that Eircom are waiting on...

Will revert here as soon as i hear anything...

To update on above:

Digiweb contacted Danninger this morning:
    We can't install receivers on our Balconies even if we have a line of sight to one of Digiwebs transmitters...

There is no central Cat5 cable installed so Digiweb can't install a central solution in the complex.

So it looks we are firmly in the hands of Eircom and NTL at this stage

Also to update, Johhny in Danninger confirmed once again that Danningers end of the phone cabling was finished and they are waiting for Dublin City Council to install ducting in order to join up Castleforbes Square to teh Eircom Network

PS. RB where have u gone? Surely you have not been silenced by a brown paper envelope? ;-)

PPS. Has anyone had anyl luck getting VOIP or P2P working with clearwire?

Another reply from a City Councellor:

"...I was very interested to hear fo your complaint. I have passed on the information to Donal Barron, the Housing Officer of the Dublin Docklands Authority. I expect to hear fom him shortly. I would agree with you that this situation needs to be resolved immediately. PLease contact me at any time if you wish to discuss the matter further. Regards, Aodhan 086-8190336..."

This again is re: Eircom.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Danninger says re: anntennae, etc. I've been told that legally, we are all within our rights to put whatever we wish on our balcony's, etc despite what the leasehold agreement states. There is no way you'd find RF Management and Danninger taking anyone to court over a SKY 60 cm dish or a Digiweb antennae on their balconies, especially since they haven't wired/ provided the building for adequate services.

Hi JDC,
    I'm not sure where you got your legal advice with regard to the satelites...

However in Custom house square in the IFSC owners/occupiers were told they had a week to romove their Satelite Dishes and antennae from their balconies and walls.

A week later the management company came along with a cherry picker and cut down and binned all the remaining satelite dishes.

When the owners of said dishes complained and tried to take legal action they were told that the external walls and balconies were property of the management company and that THEY (the owners) were the ones who should be paying the management company for the removal of the illegal dishes...
    Since then no satelite dishes have returned!

Mind you at least they have NTL and Phone lines there!

Wow - that's interesting... just so fed up with how things have been handled probably why I'd do it out of spite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ryan27

hi folks,

I'm in Castleforbes Sq. Block D now about 2 months. The Eircom phone line was very fustrating but I decided to go with 'Clearwire' for one year and see how it goes. I had major reservations as when I lived in Blackrock we used Ripwave from Irish Broadband and that was sh*t!

BUT in fairness have Clearwire about a month now and its very good. Signal is very strong and I opted for the 2MB download. They were super efficient and delivered the box within 24 hours and a customer representative were very friendly. The instructions for setting it up were clear and I had 'Clearwire' working within 5 minutes to my amazement. Month in and its still going strong.

Now thats the good news. Has anyone else noticed that Channel 4 from Sky Conway is not working. They replaced it with advertisements for Sky Digital. I phoned them this morning to complain. Has anyone else noticed this in the last couple of days? Also I thought National Geographic was part of their basic package which has not materialised. Has anyone gone with the sky digital packages they offer. In fairness €15 month isn't bad considering what NTL charge but NTL have better basic package. Who needs Living TV +1 & Living TV2 ..would rather have one of the music stations or Channel 5 instead..

Other than that I have to say things are grand in Castleforbes Sq. The builders have been super helpful in any queries I have. Just a general query. Does Block D have a roof garden like Block E? Is there plans to have a BBQ during the summer. Good way of getting the residents together and sharing any concerns we might have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

geecee wrote:
    To update on above:

PS. RB where have u gone? Surely you have not been silenced by a brown paper envelope? ;-)

PPS. Has anyone had anyl luck getting VOIP or P2P working with clearwire?

Hi guys

sorry very busy lately, will try and get a few things togther tonight although snowed under with work.

By the way clearwire told me we should be able to use skype.,my headphones are slightly faulty from my test last week. Can somebody who has clearwire in the bulding try it?

Hi RB
    Did you order the clearwire modem in the end?

Would appreciate it if any of the others on the building would comment on Clearwires P2P (bittorrent, E-mule, liimewire) abilties - I miss my US TV shows, especially Lost!

Woudl also love to hear comments on Clearwires VOIP and VPN abilities
    Thanks in Advance

geecee wrote:
    Did the Dublin City Councillor mention anything about the Eircom ducting? I was on to Eiecom yesterday and they said they are still waiting on DCC to carry out Ducting work before they could proceed with STARTING the phone line installations!
    DCC don't do ducting, they merely licence eircom or one of eircom's contractors to install ducting.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    DCC don't do ducting, they merely licence eircom or one of eircom's contractors to install ducting.

Hi Victor...
    If this is the case what (in your opinion) is the hold up?

-DCC not issuing a licence?
    -Eircoms contractor doing their work?
    -Eircom Lies and incompetance?

Just need to know who we should be chasing up on this matter seeing as Eircom say its out of their control!

geecee wrote:
    Lies and incompetance?

I would find out who in eircom is doing it and I would also ask the city council as to whether a licence has been applied for / granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hey, I went to view these apartments on Thursday. Find it strange that there are no dimensions/floor area info on any of the blurb. Can someone please tell me whether the 2-beds vary hugely in size? Thanks;)

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Hey, I went to view these apartments on Thursday. Find it strange that there are no dimensions/floor area info on any of the blurb. Can someone please tell me whether the 2-beds vary hugely in size? Thanks;)

hi, i agree, i bought a 2 bed also based on the size of the show apartments. I put down booking deposit (without seeing the actual apartment i bought) and was delighted to find out only after paying this that the apartment was about 25% bigger than the show one which i was totally delighted with. You should ask the agents if you can see the apartment you are interested in to get the proper size

Hi RB
    Did you hear anything back from NTL?
    They said they worulk revert to you in 2 weeks....

I was talking to Johnny from Danninger the other day and he has heard nothing new with regard to the phone lines, as far as he knows Eircom are waiting on a licence from DCC to dig Sherrif st...

I have written to 2 of the DCC councillors as listed earlier in the thread... but have had no replies what-so-ever....

By the way if anyones interested, i'm using Clearwire now... gind it very good for browsing the web, Passable for VoIP... but due to traffic shaping Bit torrent and e-mule are not possible :-(

As to the apartment sizes... mine is a 1 bed... but its a foot narrower in the bedroom than the show room... Despite them both meant to be the same size/square footage!!

Hi,

Just gave Brian a call this morning and he said it would be weeks rather than days before Danninger had their minds made up. Just waiting to hear back now.

Think i am going to go ahead and get clearwire myself.

RB

The 2 beds vary over 200 sq feet in size. I got a 845 sq ft one and saw a show apt that was over 950 and viewed a 2 bed that was only 700 sq feet.

AS for mailing city councellors - I've been fortunate to get replies from all whom I've written - now whether they are proactive in getting the problem solved is another story.:o

Hi all

Anyone noticed that the shop was getting some work done to it over the weekend? Anyone know if there is any schedule of when someone is to move into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JACKSPOCK

Latest position I am aware of is the A Shop is due to open by end of July under the SPAR francise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 JACKSPOCK

Latest position I am aware of is that a Shop is due to open by end of July under the SPAR francise.

Advertisement