Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

Goosey wrote:
    What part? The talking s4ite or the Ringsend sewage treatment plant :p
    i will try try the ringsend sewage plant bit :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

have your contacts in Eircom given you a date for phone lines reallybad ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ptolo

reallybad wrote:
    No can do, we are not permitted to put up the transmission box on the outside walls :-(

:( What about the roof? Are you sure a 20cm x 20cm aerial cannot be installed anywhere on top of the building?

Regards

Sponge Bob wrote:

My work email got wiped about 1 month ago and lost my contact phone number for that girl,anyone else have a number for her. I will see what i can get from them elsewhere...

ptolo wrote:
    :( What about the roof? Are you sure a 20cm x 20cm aerial cannot be installed anywhere on top of the building?

Regards
    i think if you have a look at previous posts (not sure) but somebody enquired about this and it is not allowed ......as i said not too sure on this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I have enquired about digiweb and every other possible means of communication....

Digiweb have already approached Danninger and been rebuffed... so there is no hope from that perspective...

RB i will send a private message to you with Maria from Eircoms phone number...

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Sponge Bob wrote:

I rang Eircom today and was told that I could set up line now but would have to wait 28 days for connection. The agent could not guarantee broadband but could not envisage a problem there.

D.S. wrote:
    I rang Eircom today and was told that I could set up line now but would have to wait 28 days for connection. The agent could not guarantee broadband but could not envisage a problem there.

Hi DS, i was told the exact same thing a few months back, they even went and gave me the phone number i was going to be given. Then when i followed it upfurther on after 7 weeks of waiting i was told that the phone line did not exist. I would HIGHLY recomemnd asking to talk to a supervisor and find out what exchange you are on and can they GUARANTEE you connection in the next few weeks

I tried to contact Maria from eircom and she is on leave until 10th of july

I will try then again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Goosey

Happy days. :)

I just got a voice mail saying that my phone line ( Eircom ) was now connected and all I needed to do was to add a phone and test.

From work the line rings ....tonight I will buy a wee phone and test.
    Tomorrow I will update this thread.

The number I was given has not been able to confirm or deny via the Eircom line check that it is BB ready. Pending a return call from Eircom on that one.

• Advertisement

Goosey wrote:

I just got a voice mail saying that my phone line ( Eircom ) was now connected and all I needed to do was to add a phone and test.

The number I was given has not been able to confirm or deny via the Eircom line check that it is BB ready. Pending a return call from Eircom on that one.
    Got the same call myself despite cancelling my connection, they havent a bloody clue. At least we have the option now. things are looking up!!!!

Hi Goosey/RB
    Did you guys check to see if Smart telecom are available on the numbers that you guys have been assigned?
    I think anyone who would take up anthing but Smarts offer (if its available!) must be mad!

Smarttelecom website is not responding.

Your phone number 188XXXXX is serviced by the EASTPOINT exchange.
    This exchange is not on the Smart Broadband Network Build Programme.

Please check back again at a later date.

Goosey wrote:

I havent got my number yet, do you know if Eircom can supply broadband?

Goosey wrote:

Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ptolo

Goosey wrote:

Got the same message on my number given by Eircom... also Eircom told me it'll be at least a month till they can install the line... I don't think they know themselves, though...

Regards

I ordered my phone line on March 14th...
    But when i rang them today they said they can't tell me when mine will be installed as there is a dispute with the builders over contracts....
    WTF!
    Will try a different biddy last this evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lightswitch

Hi All-

I moved in to Castleforbes a couple of months ago (block c), so far its been great, the location is wicked and its great to see all the development in the area, however, its gotten a little noisey of late-

My neighbour moved in some weeks ago and has started doing DIY after 10:00 p.m., like hello! (up too 11:30!!), banging, drilling, and more banging- etc... now I dont want to be an awkward neighbour and I know the guy has to get his sh*t together but its abit much after 9:00 p.m. at night (never mind 10 and 11 p.m. ), so neignbour, if you are reading this can you PLEASE keep your DIY to office hours? Remember you ain't alone....

Wod ya think, should i knock on this guys door? :confused::confused::confused:

In respect of noise levels, I think we all need to be sympathetic and behave reasonably toward our neigbours, the people living around us-

• Advertisement

Hi All-

I moved in to Castleforbes a couple of months ago (block c), so far its been great, the location is wicked and its great to see all the development in the area, however, its gotten a little noisey of late-

My neighbour moved in some weeks ago and has started doing DIY after 10:00 p.m., like hello! (up too 11:30!!), banging, drilling, and more banging- etc... now I dont want to be an awkward neighbour and I know the guy has to get his sh*t together but its abit much after 9:00 p.m. at night (never mind 10 and 11 p.m. ), so neignbour, if you are reading this can you PLEASE keep your DIY to office hours? Remember you ain't alone....

Wod ya think, should i knock on this guys door? :confused::confused::confused:

In respect of noise levels, I think we all need to be sympathetic and behave reasonably toward our neigbours, the people living around us-

Hi lightswitch, i found that when i moved in also, people drilling and knocking around me at 11 at night. however how many pictures and shelves can be hung? the noise lasted for about 2-3 weeks for me but then ceased completley. If you are going in to 5+weeks i might have a chat but otherwise nobody wants confrontation......and might be better to get on with your neighbours rather than fighting with them......up to you though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ihope I can be of help.

You can ....maybe.

Tell people when did Magnet install their equipment in the EastPoint exchange and if they did not you can be of no help can you. !

Goosey wrote:

Finally bought a phone last night after work. Got home plugged it in ...expecting to hear a tone ...Nada. The silly b4stards have hooked me up to space.:(

Nothing I gather until the connections for the apartment block are hooked up to the outside. This still seems to be dragging it's heels.

At least I should be connected straight away when they do finally hook the apartments up to the outside world.

God help the poor person if they do send me a bill for line rental.

HI Goosey
    Have you spoken to Eircom about this?

Its seems strange that they tell u that u are connected and that u are not.
    Seeing as the Technician has not attended your actual apartment I presume Eircom will waive the €120 install fee... or perhaps he still has to visit!

On Another note...

It seems that someone in Block D has a serious issue with their plumbing... Shuddering pipes, Air-locks etc... this is especially noticable when they flush their toilet at night...It seems to be a recent phenomenon and is coming (i think) from t the 3rd or 4th floor

Or am i the only one who hears this noise?

I presume Danninger will fix this for them if they report it... but its annoying the sh1te out of me!

geecee wrote:
    On Another note...

It seems that someone in Block D has a serious issue with their plumbing... Shuddering pipes, Air-locks etc... this is especially noticable when they flush their toilet at night...It seems to be a recent phenomenon and is coming (i think) from t the 3rd or 4th floor

Or am i the only one who hears this noise?

I presume Danninger will fix this for them if they report it... but its annoying the sh1te out of me!

I am on third floor in Block D (Port end) and i havent noticed this noise at all...

I'm on the fourth floor of block D ...port end. Nope ...I can't hear a thing in relation to someones plumbing ...although there is one person that needed to pull their bed further from the wall :eek:

Which I think they did as I thankfully have not heard them going for the home straight since :p

Phoned Errorcom.
    Assured that the line is connected to the outside world.
    I will test the phone I have with another phone line at some point over the weekend. This phone I bought from Argos the other night so it's brand new ...there is always the possibilty that it is faulty or there is something I did not do ...such as RTFM.
    In the mean time I've arranged for an Errorcom Engineer to pop out and confirm the installation/connection of the line.
    When this happens I expect to get ...Oh your not connected to the main infrastructure ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 D1Head

Someone mentioned a BBQ a while back. I was just wondering would there be many people interested in having one, and maybe we'll get one arranged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 D1Head

Anyone find that they have plenty of chippings/ scrapes on the outside of their windows ? I moved in 3 months ago, but i've only just come across these now, wonder is it too late to get builder to do anything. Looks like my windows have been scraped from trying to remove spots of paint or something, looks quiet bad :mad:

Advertisement