Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Square, docklands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

Which one's block C? I'm in Block E myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 whatsat

c is closer to Sherriff st and is along Caslteforbes Road

how far along are the new blocks G to L, any idea when they're due to launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I sold around the corner from where all you just bought. The area is perfectly safe, lived there for 11 years, was rough but friendly when i first moved in. Walked home about a million times, on my own and with company. Got hassle only once in 11 years and they were only kids really.

whoever just bought there, you are on a winner, great area, mad mix of industry and inner city life, near the river, near the bay, IFSC moving closer every day, walking distance from town and Ballsbridge area (major major major advantage) cycle path along the river and to Clontarf and the coast.

I sold cause the house was just to small for me and the dogs, moved to Raheny beside a park, still miss the area though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 userid

Did anyone work out if you can turn down the ring on the security phones? Its like a joke they're so loud, I can hear them all over our block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 delog

Just to harp on about NTL again...
    Someone said NTL will be wired in the new development and this excludes block D and E.
    What about Block A, B, and C? Are they wired already or are we also considered old...?!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Thereyago

Dont think blocks A B or C are connected either but you might want to check for you self.
    Danninger only made this deal with NTL in the last few weeks and they are only allowing NTL wire new developments.

Goosey I'm having the same problem with my phoneline, eircom say its connected and when I call it from another line it appears to be ringing, but it doesnt ring in the apartment. There is no dialtone in the apartment either.
    Eircom say that it will take upto 28days to get a technician out to look at it! What a joke! Have you gotten your phoneline fixed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

I've been given a telephone number and I'm going to test whether it works or not later. On a side note, I'm also contacting ComReg and the Consumer Rights Organisation re; Sky Conway's apparent monopoly on the apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

TV:
    I have already been in contact with the competition authority on the sky conway monopoly thing...
    They rang me and took all the details... but that was 2.5 months ago.. heard nothing about it since!

Broadband:
    My BT DSL package is working like a dream...Took just 5 days to get once my Eircom line was in... Clearwire took back my modem and cancelled the contract without any issues (still waiting to see if they charge me for the cancellation - but they said they wouldn't!)

Walking Home:
    I have walked home nearly everynight that i have been out on the town with no hassles. As other stated its always quite lively along the st as far as the clarion, with tourists etc.

Noise:
    The noise from the construction site for the liffey development trust site starts at 7am every day. Apparently their planning permission would outline the times that they are allowed to build. Anybody got a contact in DCC that they can check this with?

Bins:
    Bin men were late yesterday and hadn't arrived by the time i left at 8.50... hopefully this situation will stay the same and they will stop coming at what is practically the middle of the night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Goosey

Thereyago wrote:
    Goosey I'm having the same problem with my phoneline, eircom say its connected and when I call it from another line it appears to be ringing, but it doesnt ring in the apartment. There is no dialtone in the apartment either.
    Eircom say that it will take upto 28days to get a technician out to look at it! What a joke! Have you gotten your phoneline fixed yet?

No joy as of yet.

I have a phone socket face plate that I will try in the main room and again in the bedroom. Maybe the wiring in the socket in the hall is faulty ...just guessing but wtf.

• Advertisement

Goosey/Thereyago

I have the same problem - BT say Im connected and I have a number. I can ring it but then nothing on the other end. I was billed by them for installation and rental 3 weeks ago and they have taken the direct debit despite me warning them not to. So I started freaking/threatening this week and now I finally have them all over it.
    After lots of testing they think it could be down to faulty wiring in the socket because they can't find anything else...they're sending someone out to look...it better not take them 28 days - seriously!

I logged a complaint to eircom telling them that there is no dialtone even tho they have started billing me July 14. So the 28 days is coming up pretty soon. I'm just wondering if "he" calls out, should we all get together and get him to sort out a few of our lines at hte same time? That will save us all waiting 28 days each?!

Anyone has an extra parking spot under those blocks they would like to rent out?

delog wrote:
    I logged a complaint to eircom telling them that there is no dialtone even tho they have started billing me July 14. So the 28 days is coming up pretty soon. I'm just wondering if "he" calls out, should we all get together and get him to sort out a few of our lines at hte same time? That will save us all waiting 28 days each?!

Sounds like a great idea but wonder if they will go for it.. probably not.
    Will give eircom a shout and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭reallybad

delog wrote:
    Anyone has an extra parking spot under those blocks they would like to rent out?

There is a notice in block D with a name and number with a space to rent. 100 a month i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CastleF

I have a car park space to let on a short term basis.

The apartment is on corporate let on a monthly basis, so I only know from month to month if the company need the car space along with the apartment.

Hurray!
    Eircom came and have dial tone now.
    The technician said that he would have to connect up all the apartments individually as the developer did not do it!
    Too bad they returned my broadband package cos no one was home...

delog wrote:
    Hurray!
    Eircom came and have dial tone now.
    The technician said that he would have to connect up all the apartments individually as the developer did not do it!
    Too bad they returned my broadband package cos no one was home...

Did I say I hate you? :D

I got a VM on my work phone ...I missed by callout. Even though I asked them to use my mobile ...ah well.

No dial tone. Do you know what the Tech. did?
    Was it downstairs in the basement that he connected you or was it in the apartment?

I'm thinking about just cancelling it ...if all goes according to plan, I will be moving to foreign lands to work, so bye bye noisy,dusty, crappy tv options, no phone and broad band and my pet favourite ...retards who feel a need to beep their car horn at all hours of the night, Castleforbes Sq.:mad:

Or I may just get it in and then do a runner :eek:

Goosey

Is anyone else having water problems?
    My washing machine stopped working mid-flight last night and the Immersion/Tank/Pump were making funny noises all night...

Or was it just me...

And to add to gooseys gripe about the tooting horns... how about:
    -Fire engines speeding up and down the street at 2 am last night

-The 9am on a sunday morning DIY kings

-Neighbours beating the sh1t our of each other and 7 cops arriving to sort out the mess!

geecee wrote:
    My washing machine stopped working mid-flight last night and the Immersion/Tank/Pump were making funny noises all night...

Or was it just me...

-Neighbours beating the sh1t our of each other and 7 cops arriving to sort out the mess!
    Yeah i truied to use my taps at 2am and there were blowing water, did anybody notice the water gushing from an overhead tap in the underground car park last night. I heard it another night but didnt know whaty the noise was. anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

reallybad wrote:
    Yeah i truied to use my taps at 2am and there were blowing water, did anybody notice the water gushing from an overhead tap in the underground car park last night. I heard it another night but didnt know whaty the noise was. anyone got any ideas?
    Talk to builder!

:(
    geecee wrote:

Or was it just me...

Tell me more about "Neighbours beating the sh1t our of each other and 7 cops arriving to sort out the mess!" ???

I was driving home one night about 2 weeks ago and there were a few cops on the street between blocks D and E - I asked one cop was everything ok but in not so many words I was told to f off...!

What happened, was it block D or E the trouble was in?:(

The Eircom Technician told me that the line from Ericom is already there. what needs to be connected are the individual phone lines to the main Eircom line. He had to go down to the basement to connect it. I asked him whether he can just mass connect up everyone but he said that he would have to enter the apartments to check for the dial tone etc... SO Bummer. He will be making 300 call outs in the next few months I think...

With regards to the water, it did go last night. Just got air coming thru. It's back again this am though so figured it may have just been a leak.

Noise - that alarm last night was unbelievable. Construction is like a wake up call now in the morning. I wonder how long they will take - 6 months...9 months? If they can build it as fast as the Dylan Hotel in Ballsbridge that would be nice. that thing too 3 months max to build!

Hello all

i am going to call Dublin city council in relation to the bulding going on next door to block D on sherriff st side. Anyone who is like me in block D (port side) is looking out and has to listen to the noise of a rock breaker at 7.00 on the button every morning. in the past weeks it has been getting slightly earlier and working later in the evening.
    Is this the liffey trust site or is it the castleforbes site?
    If i get a name i will do my best to get the noise stopped. I have never been in so much discomfort as a result of boise before. I realise that work is need but at 7 am, i do not think so

please let me know what the name of this site is, i forgot to check myself this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CastleF

What night did this happen? does anyone know any more? were the cops there to sort out Castle Forbes residents? The last thing the apartments need is a bad rap with the cops!

It was almost 2 weeks ago when I saw the cops there - don't know if it was CF residents or just something on the street?? Anyone with info let us know!

So is the water problem ok now? no need to hassle builders?

It was residents and the block across from D near the Spar end.
    I came either back from the gym or work a bit late as it was dark and got an evil stare from a member of the Garda as I went past :D

Hi RB
    The noise is coming from the Liffey Trust Development site.
    I believe that it is nedccessary to get a copy of the planning application to see what hours they are alowed to work from and to.

I am very happy now with by BT phone connection + 3 MB DSL and so glad to be away from clearwire and ripwave!

Water pressure is very variable at the moment, i was rinsing a glass earlir and the glass got blown out of my hand (and smashed) when a surge of water came through the tap!

With regard to fighting.... its probably unfair to name the apt... or the block...

I was having a few friends in for drinks on Thur Aug 3rd, one friend was looking out the window and letout a yelp. We all went to look and saw a man beating a woman around their apartment. Some friends wanted to go over and sort him out there and then. But the rest of us talked them out of that.

One of the girls that was visiting called the cops... It seems that 4 others called the cops at the same time according to the dispatcher.... so there were a lot of witnesses!

7 cops turned up, 2 uniform in a paddy wagon, 2 more uniform in a squad car and 3 others non-uniform in an unmarked car.

They stayed approx 30 minutes, before leaving without taking any action.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

geecee wrote:
    Hi RB
    The noise is coming from the Liffey Trust Development site.
    I believe that it is nedccessary to get a copy of the planning application to see what hours they are alowed to work from and to.
    You can search here: http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display#

• Advertisement

Ok so I finally contacted someone about the noise on the liffey trust development.
    I found out a few things. First of all that the application for development on the site has been withdrawn!!! There is no planning permission granted or applied for the site. However the lady informed me that they could actually clear a site (which includes knocking free standing buildings). As a result they are not restricted by any planning laws :-(
    However all is not lost. I then contacted the environmental department in relation to noise pollution. The guy on the phone couldn’t really tell me what the story was here however he lodged my complaint to the environmental authority and I should hear back from them within 36 hours.
    I will let you know if I hear anything else

Advertisement