Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

License plates... where?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

any suggestions as to where you can get license plates printed in dublin city centre?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think the motor factors on Capel St do them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

nag wrote:
    any suggestions as to where you can get license plates printed in dublin city centre?

Windsor Motors (Nissan dealers) are the best place to get plates. Properly-made embossed metal plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Silvera wrote:
    Windsor Motors (Nissan dealers) are the best place to get plates. Properly-made embossed metal plates.

I thought metal plates were being phased out as the centres of some characters kept falling out e.g. 'D' '0' '8' etc. That's what a plate maker told me recently when I requested metal plates. He said that they were told to supply plastic only as the others were failing NCT tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

Any motor factors should be able to make you some up. Think rickards at the square in tallaght make them.(assuming you in that area). Make sure everything you need is on it for NCT. i.e county name is needed i believe and euro flag.

look in the golden pages for a list of motor factors (online version is handy www.goldenpages.ie).

Litcagral wrote:
    I thought metal plates were being phased out as the centres of some characters kept falling out e.g. 'D' '0' '8' etc. That's what a plate maker told me recently when I requested metal plates. He said that they were told to supply plastic only as the others were failing NCT tests.

Thre are two types of metal plates -

- Embossed : made from a single sheet of metal (as Windsor supply).
    (This is how plates are made around the world. They don't 'fall apart')

- Pressed : made from two sheets of metal pressed together (i.e. the cheap ones which fall apart).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Motor Factors on Dorset St. near Blessington St. have a big range. Be sure what you get is legal though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

esel wrote:
    Motor Factors on Dorset St. near Blessington St. have a big range. Be sure what you get is legal though.
    its not actually for my car (or any car for that matter) but tnx :)

Litcagral wrote:

These are the pressed (i.e. crap) metal plates which fall apart .........

Advertisement