Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone use Aertel anymore?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone bothers using this service these days. I imagine the internet has killed it.

Also its not so easy to access it now using Sky Digital (don't know about NTL or any other provider).

Someone who has a few pages on it was telling me he pays a good few grand for each page per annum, but I doubt anyone is even seeing the ads.

I used to check aertel every day, but I haven't used it now in years.

What's everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I agree, the internet has indeed made it redundant. I used always check it for the TV guide but Sky now does this. For anything else I just use the internet. I imagine that some people who do not have access to the internet might use it though. I've a mate who uses regularly as he only has a dial up connection for his laptop. Others use it for handy updates on sports results. But I haven't used it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I find it handy for getting Irish news in the mornings. Sky Interactive is not worth a curse for home news. I also use it for sports results, flight arrivals & cinema listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hill Billy wrote:
    I also use it for flight arrivals .
    Now that you mention that - it's the only thing I've used it for recently - I'd forgotten about that. Maybe it's not as redundant as I first thought.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I use Aertel alot... but I use it through the RTÉ website as it means I don't have to wait for the pages to flick over.

It is an excellent source for getting lots of information together in one place.

Can't say I've ever paid much attention to adverts on Aertel though. But I know my mother checks the holiday pages sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Out of habit from when I was a teenager, I nearly always go to page 103 for the news headlines, pick out any story of interest (memorizing the page numbers) straight for the sport section afterwards.

The odd time use the TV section , but digital has nearly eradicated that.

Also use it once a week or so for the share price of my fantastic investment in Waterford Wedgeford (lol:o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I use it a fair bit, maybe it's just because I'm poor and don't have this fancy "sky" thing that makes it redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Like monkeyfudge i use the site too find it handy for news and sports

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/ for those too lazy to look for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've no Sky, so I use it a fair bit, both on the telly on the net.

Advertisement