Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'How was your Exam?' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Did Irish paper 5. Was much better than i thought, only 1 left. Next monday and then i'm free!
    Can't believe i've done 8 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Probably the worst exam of my life today. If I have to come back to repeat that bullsh!t, I'm going to find that lecturer and bash his bald head in!

On a positive note: 9 down, 1 to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

8 down 2 to go. Had two today, one of which i studied for and went fine, the other one (chemistry) which i dont want to do next year i could happily fail knowing id still pass overall:)

2left: immunopharmacology and molecular biology and genetics

roll on thursday 1pm:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

IT'S OVER THANK GOD!!!

I was pleased with my final exam. It looked tough at first but I did alright. I did my best anyway and have no regrets.

Thanks to the people here on Boards whose advice I found most helpful over the past few weeks. I'll particular mention beanyb and Elmyra.

Cheers.

Now I've got to find a job for myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Arghhhhhhhh!!!! That was the worst exam of my life....a tricky subject coupled with an exam that needs to be an hour and a half longer to allow you finish 9 full questions. Financial Economics is the work of the devil, I tells ya! Pythia beware, its all ahead of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Julesie wrote:
    Financial Economics is the work of the devil, I tells ya! Pythia beware, its all ahead of you.

*Cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm finished my exams!!!
    *does happy dance of joy*
    My last exam (Maths for Computer Science) went ok, paper was pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I was done in an hour, and left as soon as I could. The actual exam isn't over for another 10 minutes, but I'm back up in UCD eating my lunch now :)

Gaming blitz for me tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

outta curiosity, whats the maths paper for computer science on?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's 4 questions on number theory, 2 on graph theory. (6 questions do 5) There's really very little that you actually need to know to pass the exam, most of the number theory questions only require the Euclidean algorithm plus a little bit more. A few definitions and the ability to multiply matrices will get you through graph theory. It's not too bad, but the lectures are skull-crushingly boring. I spent most of them web-browsing on my laptop - probably not my smartest move of the year!

Finished tomorrow at 1 thank christ, had pharmacology today went fine, insulin and diabetes horray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

tribulus wrote:
    insulin and diabetes horray!

They a good thing? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i think i messed up bith papers today finance and accouting.did you see a person got caught cheating.he was behind me.

p_larkin99 wrote:
    They a good thing? :rolleyes:
    normally, no, not at all but when they were one of the few things you studied and they come up then yes they are (in the academical sense)

i cannot wait to finish tommorrow, i have BIS left.should be ok as i have nearly all the exam questions.i donot know how i got them .just got them emailed from a friend.now hope the stuff comes up:D

drdre wrote:
    i think i messed up bith papers today finance and accouting.did you see a person got caught cheating.he was behind me.

Haha.
    What was he doing do you know?

Pythia wrote:
    Haha.
    What was he doing do you know?

i was sitting infront of him.so i looked back and the old guy came over to him and said whats written on your hand and he said i just wrote it now.and then he said wheres the other cheat notes and he emptied his pocket and handed the notes to this guy.it was 10 minutes before the end of the paper around 4.50pm.

it was so funny.it was at the back near the toilets.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Was that in the Simmonscourt in the RDS. Another anecdote for his first year exam talks - they're so enjoyable a few of us went to his talk last year again!!!

Red Alert wrote:
    Was that in the Simmonscourt in the RDS. Another anecdote for his first year exam talks - they're so enjoyable a few of us went to his talk last year again!!!

yes it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'm finished my exams!!!
    *does happy dance of joy*
    My last exam (Maths for Computer Science) went ok, paper was pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I was done in an hour, and left as soon as I could. The actual exam isn't over for another 10 minutes, but I'm back up in UCD eating my lunch now :)

Gaming blitz for me tonight :D
    Ah so it was you I saw wandering accross to CSI. I wasn't quite sure, and didn't think it was because you were supposed to be in the RDS.

And I'm finished too. Had Object Oriented Programming. It was definitely one of the easiest exams i've ever sat, mostly just writing c++ code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Healthcare informatics: Aced it - did an extra question and all.

Last exam in about half an hour - computer practical - woohoo.

• Advertisement

finished with biochem, think i passed but couldnt care less at the moment (though i probably will in 3weeks:rolleyes: )

and its not raining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yey, aced my exam today, had to cuz I didn't do the continuous assessment but should still get a good mark:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

made a big boo boo in maths today. i hate that lecturer, i really do, and i hate the fact more that i bothered to go to his lectures because it seems the people who didn't give a **** and didn't come in have come off better too :mad:

I didn't like my maths paper today either. But I was never going to do too well in 'Foundations in Financial Maths' so I don't mind too much.
    Only one more to go - 'Introduction to Analysis' tomorrow then I'm finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Pythia wrote:
    I didn't like my maths paper today either. But I was never going to do too well in 'Foundations in Financial Maths' so I don't mind too much.
    Only one more to go - 'Introduction to Analysis' tomorrow then I'm finished!

Is Dineen still teaching that course....I always found it more to be "Explorations in Maths" than anything else. I remember the hardest part being trying to keep up with him and where the hell he had written the last line on the blackboard. Always seemed to be more chalk on his face than anywhere else :)

If Maria Meehan is your lecturer for Analysis i'm sure you'll be fine she is the complete antithesis of old Seanie.

Julesie wrote:
    Is Dineen still teaching that course....I always found it more to be "Explorations in Maths" than anything else. I remember the hardest part being trying to keep up with him and where the hell he had written the last line on the blackboard. Always seemed to be more chalk on his face than anywhere else :)

If Maria Meehan is your lecturer for Analysis i'm sure you'll be fine she is the complete antithesis of old Seanie.

Yes, Dineen is still there. And we get him next year too, he's taken over the teaching of a different class we'll have.

Maria's paper should be ok. It's in a few hours. I have 23.5/25% already. This should be a paper which brings up my average hopefully.

Hurray! I'm finished. Analysis was good too! w00t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Healthcare info practical yesterday grand and handy. All done except for my competency test but that's not for like thee weeks so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Pythia wrote:
    Hurray! I'm finished. Analysis was good too! w00t

Pretty sure I saw you today before the afternoon exam. Not sure though, was too busy pysching everyone out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I'm in German Business Translation, have been since 9:30am, and I'm nearly done! Woot for piss-easy BComm International exams! :D

Advertisement