Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'How was your Exam?' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Grimes wrote:
    Shelbourne is only 1st years as far as I know. Cradlesnatcher ;)

There's nothing wrong with romantic liaisons with firsties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Programming earlier, in which I think I did pretty well :D Think I spotted Irlrobins too, if he was invigilating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Pythia wrote:

Are you speaking from personal experience?? ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

Ah Programming. Didnt like it at all at all but think i scraped a pass ;) I still love Fintan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

first exam today
    irish grammer, was grand enough, wasn't expecting hassle, was probably the easiest exam i'll have
    only 8 to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Lux16 wrote:
    Ah Programming. Didnt like it at all at all but think i scraped a pass ;) I still love Fintan though.
    If you found it difficult, I seriously recommend avoiding computer science in 2nd year. That exam was by far the easiest i've done in my 3 years of comp. sci.
    Fintan is cool though. I loved his illustrating programming by using the example of making tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

English today... bit of a wash-out to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

2nd arch paper 1 wasnt great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

2nd year German language. Utter pisstake. Out of there after an hour. :D

Blowfish wrote:
    If you found it difficult, I seriously recommend avoiding computer science in 2nd year. That exam was by far the easiest i've done in my 3 years of comp. sci.
    Fintan is cool though. I loved his illustrating programming by using the example of making tea.

I would agree about the easyness, especially since the questions in which we had to write methods were very similar to some of the labs we'd done during the year, only easier.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

methods... you OOP people sicken me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

International Business Law this morning. We had the paper before going in which sounds great but it was a real struggle to get all of the 4 essays down in time. My hand feels like it's going to fall off - definitely the most I've ever written in a college exam, 15 pages or something crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

rain on wrote:
    yeah i was discussing the age thing with some of the other invigilators - my reasoning is that first years could easily be 19 or 20, and i'm 21, so it's not too much of a gap.

What about us mature student 1st years? I reckon I'm far too old for any of the invigilators

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

yeah i was discussing the age thing with some of the other invigilators - my reasoning is that first years could easily be 19 or 20..
    ...or 23 :p

Programming was tougher than expected but still so very easy.

Did Organisational Behaviour today and remembered why i did Comp Sci. I really really really hate essay type questions. I always end up all over the place :(

Still passed the exam..but did i pass it enough to cover the CA (thats continuous assesment and not cellular automata for those of u who may SEP on the brain!) that i missed. We'll see.

Was ina good mood coming home with the sun out and 2 exams of 5 done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Organisational Behaviour today. What a load of bull****. :rolleyes:

Didn't do too badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i too had international business law. i was kinda happy but have to see how it is marked. i even had time for a break, ate a banana and had a little drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Organisational Behaviour today. What a load of bull****. :rolleyes:

Didn't do too badly.
    Effing loved OB!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Effing loved OB!

Did you do it this year?

You have the fat sexist bitch?

Joke of a subject. Did no study, as in none at all. Still quite confident I passed. Absolutely no relation to the real world, could have been interesting, instead just a continuous example that technical jargon does not an intellect make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Pythia wrote:

there is if they are under 18;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Anyway, today I had History - War an Peace 20th century international crap.

It was ok. Got through it anyway. Feel like my hand is going to fall off. It was the first exam where I was there right til the end.

Oh and just in case I wasn't clear...this thread is still meant to be spam free so can we take the perving and chit-chat to the spam thread.

Next off-topic post will earn the poster a ban :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

Blowfish wrote:

Yeah the tea thing was so funny. Im not in computer science (probably a good thing considering people thought it was easy) so its grand, well at least that's my reason and im sticking to it! :D

Biology tomorrow so that should be easier

Was it just me or did one of the methods we had to write in the programming exam today only have like 7 or 8 lines? Took me all of 3 mins....or did i do something wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

invigilated organisational behaviour in the morning, english for academic purposes in the afternoon. good grief first commerce/bbls boys are hot! the english one was snore-tastic though. this isn't off-topic, right? invigilators are people too :( people with very very sore legs

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Was it just me or did one of the methods we had to write in the programming exam today only have like 7 or 8 lines? Took me all of 3 mins....or did i do something wrong :p

Yeah, some of them were real no brainers :eek:

Let's see, on one hand we have to construct a cellular automata. On the other...we have to reverse a string

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Roman History and Archaeology yesterday was fearly easy. The hardest thing was to select the question I knew most about.

Archaeology Emerging People of Europe today was not so good. Some fairly tricky questions, especially in the multiple choice questions.

Only 2 more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Waltons wrote:
    Yeah, some of them were real no brainers :eek:

Let's see, on one hand we have to construct a cellular automata. On the other...we have to reverse a string
    Lol :p
    Just be ready for an almighty kick in the ass in terms of the difficulty of CS exams in 2nd year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

rain on wrote:
    this isn't off-topic, right? invigilators are people too :( people with very very sore legs

I don't think it's technically off-topic.

But honestly I don't see the benefit the others would have from reading that we have sore legs and are bored!

One could argue that we should start a thread of ourselves to moan about our tiredness/boredom/sore legs, procedures, silly rules, etc - but we aren't really allowed to talk about more than sore legs, are we. They say we aren't allowed to talk about what's going on during the exams. Non-disclosure stuff. Therefore, there's no point in a thread to ourselves.

I think we should just leave them to themselves, no? There are other ucd threads where we can contribute :)

Just be ready for an almighty kick in the ass in terms of the difficulty of CS exams in 2nd year
    Thats why Joe gave us this fairly thrown in the deep end project as he thought that we'd be more prepared for 2nd year if he did it this way. To be honest, i did learn a fair whack but i think we were thrown in a little too deep (im not saying the java is hard but rather the construction of the program and what his methods are emant to do).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i did organisational behaviour today - pretty boring but i've passed it easy enough. that's 2 exams down, and 2 more to go - i'm loving 1st commerce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Thats why Joe gave us this fairly thrown in the deep end project as he thought that we'd be more prepared for 2nd year if he did it this way.
    Being honest, he's probably right. About 60% of our class failed the Christmas exams in Data Structures and Algorithms, and Computer Architecture. So it's a big step up. Just make sure you do the practicals, in 2nd year they're a very different style to Fintan's ones and that caught a lot of people out. They also count for a LOT of marks.

Advertisement