Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'How was your Exam?' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Umaro wrote:
    How strangely erotic...

I had Financial Accounting 1 today - which I totally kicked some serious ass on, I'll be hoping for a an A or a B come.. err.. what month do we get results?? </1st year noob question>

I definitely know who you are now. Ya bastard. Scraping the D all the way. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Umaro wrote:
    How strangely erotic...

I had Financial Accounting 1 today - which I totally kicked some serious ass on, I'll be hoping for a an A or a B come.. err.. what month do we get results?? </1st year noob question>

I badly failed that last year.
    Boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Poxy 18th century literature exam. First section was ok but the second was ****. I was seriously blagging it and I'm sure it was obvious.

Tomorrow is going to be the killer though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Optoelectronics and Filters, and it's in Blackrock Exam Centre (with the scary woman who never stops making announcements!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Red Alert wrote:
    Optoelectronics and Filters, and it's in Blackrock Exam Centre (with the scary woman who never stops making announcements!)

haha i remember her, she's too close to the microphone, cant understand a word she says!!

as for exams, 3 down 7 to go with number 4 tomorrow at 9 organic chemistry, not too bothered about it as i could probably fail my 2 chem exams and still pass the year. Two biochem went ok and pharmacology quite decent, so far so good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Programming - grandeo... only went over the basics, but bluffed most of it, and CA's will give me bout 30%, so I've passed that.

History of Psych - not too pleased... I did about an hour of study for that, so my own fault, but hopefully I scraped a D-... :(

Perc & Cog - better than Hist... I studied for 4 hours before this exam, in the library, so got a good bit done. My short notes were decent, and got a fair few of those 2% questions, so I'm ok. Bout 50% with any luck.

Week off now, to study for the other two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i'm in such a good mood, 1 exam to go (Macroeconomics) and its only an mcq. i'm so happy i could use a smilie. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I just finished archaeology Vikings,Normans and Georgian Ireland. God I love dead things and mounds of dirty. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Unix Operating system done, and pwned like a bitch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

First exam today - computers - EASY.....EASY.....EASY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Grimes wrote:
    I just finished archaeology Vikings,Normans and Georgian Ireland. God I love dead things and mounds of dirty. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Yeah it was a nice paper indeed! The MCQ's were surprisingly tricky but the rest was grand...... if I'm not in 2nd year now I'll eat my hat!!!

:) <
    that's my face right now!

thanks for the notes btw saved my ass. Now Im struggling through Cetlic La Tene art . Pain in the mickey if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Silver recovery did not appear on my im tech paper today for the first time ever, and it's actually ever! So annoying, I'd say our lecturer may have just lost his 100% record. Twas a very bluffy paper.

What a bastard of a paper!

Filters was fine, very long questions with a lot of stuff to answer.

Optoelectronics - that guy must have been joking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The Irish Experience.

Initial panic as the question I really wanted didnt seem to be there. Managed to do 3 fairly decent questions though so I'm happy enough.
    It's slightly unsettling though as I honestly thought this was going to be the worst one.

Should be plain sailing from here on in.

mine was the other way round, this was supposed to be a make up for all the others one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Thought i was gonna mess up linguistics and scot's gaelic big time, but the only thing i learnt from lingiustics came up.
    I very nearly did a little dance.
    And now i've to go study for modern art tommorrow morning.
    So tired and i still have another 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Irish Experience - first two questions not too bad, by qustion three was winging it slightly. BUIt reasonably happy with it.
    Yesterday's Northern Ireland paper was a killer though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Commercial law yesterday morning.

*vomit*

It's OK though, at least I have land law to look forward to in 7 and a half hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Is that the one with Tenancy and all that ****e?

Amount of ****e I've heard on that subject... :rolleyes:

Just realised that's Landlord and Tenant I was thinking of. Tireder than I realised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Had Info and Society there at 9. Nearly slept it out, which wasn't a great start :eek: Made it in on time, though, and the exam wasn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Exams on Saturday are almost as ridiculous as exams starting at 6pm, which I have next week. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

vote4pedro wrote:
    Exams on Saturday are almost as ridiculous as exams starting at 6pm, which I have next week. :mad:

I have the same this Saturday,it sucks doesn't it vote4pedro!In total I'll have 3 exams from 6-8pm.It sucks!By the way did anyone do any of the following exams computer science for engineers,History and theory of Architecture or Theory and design of structures if so what did they think of them?

Right just out of ARCH10030 La Tene , Hallstatt , Celtic Iron Age Ireland and those guys who pray to that god... Monataries. Went alright. Ballsed up one thing by not naming the grave but what can you do eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

First day back at it after a week sick - and think I spotted two boardies: Waltons and later on Grimes.
    :)

Grimesie, you have a very neat and pretty handwriting!!

meowCat wrote:
    First day back at it after a week sick - and think I spotted two boardies: Waltons and later on Grimes.
    :)

Grimesie, you have a very neat and pretty handwriting!!

Me today? At RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Grimes wrote:
    Me today? At RDS

You. You were in the last seat in row 2.
    :D

meowCat wrote:
    You. You were in the last seat in row 2.
    :D

i know this is off topic but where / who were you? did you sit the exam? See me die a little when i did the short questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I had Financial Institution Management yesterday.
    Hopefully I did very well. He showed us the exam beforehand so I had everything prepared. It's basically just write 3 essays out of eight choices, so learned off my essays and spat them back out in the exam.

Dreading Intermediate Macroeconomics next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Red Alert wrote:
    What a bastard of a paper!

Filters was fine, very long questions with a lot of stuff to answer.

Optoelectronics - that guy must have been joking!
    Strange - opto's usually by far the easier of the two. That said my FYP was opto so I was grand at it, but did he not make it as predictable as ever?

Advertisement