Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'How was your Exam?' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Had modern art this morning, it was okay, did stuff on pop art, constructivism and the bauhaus and clement greenberg's modernist art criticism.
    Irish art on monday now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

meowCat wrote:
    First day back at it after a week sick - and think I spotted two boardies: Waltons and later on Grimes.
    :)

Welcome back! 9am on a Saturday...what a good first spot back :). I noticed that there was no mention of my handwriting ;)

Roll on Quant Economics for Monday and then I'm finished :D Hurray!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Land law today. It was grand. There was a lot to the paper but I think I answered it well. Besty did amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Land law this morning. It went quite well so hopefully I can make up for my poor showing at commercial law yesterday!

All 3 law finished now and only one left on Friday!

PS: I didn't do amazing! Hullaballoo's modesty only exists online, he's the one who did amazingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

stop complimenting each other lads, its so desperate. land law was ok, panicked so much last night but it shud be ok. got so giddy in the lib i had to leave cause i thought i wud scream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Waltons wrote:
    Welcome back! 9am on a Saturday...what a good first spot back :). I noticed that there was no mention of my handwriting ;)

Roll on Quant Economics for Monday and then I'm finished :D Hurray!

I'm sorry Waltons, but your handwriting just wasn't pretty :p Anyway, what I noticed though was your ring. Superman ring???! ;)

And yeah, it's great to be back on a Saturday morning! I was so worried that I might sleep in and not hear the alarm clock, because I've had a mad sleeping pattern throughout the whole week, that actually I ended up being wide awake at 6am!!

meowCat wrote:
    I'm sorry Waltons, but your handwriting just wasn't pretty :p Anyway, what I noticed though was your ring. Superman ring???! ;)

And yeah, it's great to be back on a Saturday morning! I was so worried that I might sleep in and not hear the alarm clock, because I've had a mad sleeping pattern throughout the whole week, that actually I ended up being wide awake at 6am!!

Yeah, my handwriting is horrible :) I do, however, have a superman ring though! Well spotted :D

I was the exact same in regards to sleeping in. I set my alarm for 7.45 and was shaken awake by mein mutter at around 10 past 8 asking didn't I "have an exam to go to" :p

So, the big question. Which invigilator are you?!

OT: In retrospect, I am happy with my essays, considering guidelines given to us in tutorials :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Did anyone else do Financial Management on wednesday? I was told it was a guaranteed 1st but i was sceptical. The lazy (yet brilliant) lecturer sets a one question exam and rotates the same case studies, making it really easy to predit whats coming up. There was one case that everybody thought it would be, and we all just learned it off on wednesday morning.

There was a big cheer in the exam hall when the exam was given out and everyone turned over the first page!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My exam this morning wasnt too bad...I know I answered one out of the three really well so heres hoping it that makes up for the other two!

Waltons keeps ignoring me:(....I'm not totally crazy honest!

Oh and I think Rain_On was invigilating:)

Edit got the name wrong... twas MeowCat I think... one of those few people that give off that cool vibe:)

EDIT Take 2: I actually havent a clue who it was now ...but I know it was a boardsie!!

Gah, I didn't ignore you again, did I?! :eek: Awfully sorry, old bean :(

Quant Economics went well, think I got an A.

Had a funny moment, seeing meowCat from across the hall :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Scraggs wrote:
    Edit got the name wrong... twas MeowCat I think...

There is goes...my beloved anonymity on boards!!! :eek: ;)

Yeah, poor Scraggs got haunted by the cat today: waited at the same bus stop this morning. Sat her exam in the cat's section. And got her id checked by the cat!! :D:p
    We don't get to choose though which sections we do nor which rows we check the attendance, so don't worry, me no stalker!!

I recognised you right away from the pics, but I didn't know how you'd react if a total stranger says hi to you or starts smiling at you, early on a Monday morning before an exam! And in the exam hall you looked really focused on your paper -- though not that happy at times, so I decided to not confuse/disturb you by any smiling or so.
    You seem to be happy with the exam now though. :)
    Scraggs wrote:
    EDIT Take 2: I actually havent a clue who it was now ...but I know it was a boardsie!!
    why defo a boardsie????
    Waltons wrote:
    Had a funny moment, seeing meowCat from across the hall :D

Yeah, you really looked amused seeing me! :D:p

Don't you guys also think that it was horribly COLD this morning in the Shelbourne hall?! I was FREEEEEZING!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Irish art was decent though not helped by falling partially down a bus stairs this morning and wreaking the fingers on my left hand.
    Pity it was the wrong one...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Anyone else do Intermediate Micro today?
    I think I did well, but I also think there was a mistake in question 3. Have emailed lecturer and will see what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Anatomy practical was grand, but the examiner kept checking I palpated the right points which was soooooo off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Waltons wrote:
    Quant Economics went well, think I got an A.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't say that!
    I might have failed:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i think i did alright in business logistics management today.i did 3 full questions and couldnot do a 4th;)

thank god i passed it.

meowCat wrote:

Mostly due to the fact that I was contemplating sums and then realised that I'd been staring pretty much directly at you for a fair while :D
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't say that!
    I might have failed :(

Sorry to hear that, mate!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

blondie83 wrote:
    Strange - opto's usually by far the easier of the two. That said my FYP was opto so I was grand at it, but did he not make it as predictable as ever?
    We got nailed by have two questions on lazers, no laser threshold current derivation, and no Avalance photo diode question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

History was so so. I think my nine years war question was good, my plantations was ok, my 1641 was whatever I could scrape together from doing an essay months ago.

Russia tomorrow will be the end of me. So not prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

meowCat wrote:
    There is goes...my beloved anonymity on boards!!! :eek: ;)

Yeah, poor Scraggs got haunted by the cat today: waited at the same bus stop this morning. Sat her exam in the cat's section. And got her id checked by the cat!! :D:p
    We don't get to choose though which sections we do nor which rows we check the attendance, so don't worry, me no stalker!!

I recognised you right away from the pics, but I didn't know how you'd react if a total stranger says hi to you or starts smiling at you, early on a Monday morning before an exam! And in the exam hall you looked really focused on your paper -- though not that happy at times, so I decided to not confuse/disturb you by any smiling or so.
    You seem to be happy with the exam now though. :)

why defo a boardsie????

Don't you guys also think that it was horribly COLD this morning in the Shelbourne hall?! I was FREEEEEZING!
    :(
    were you in this afternoon? there was an actual cat in the exam hall. apparently people tried to lure it out with milk.

which one are you anyway? i must've been talking to/wandering along next to you at some stage by now.

exams today were quite boring. i hate MCQs - about a million people always forget pencils and erasers and i end up being a conveyor thereof for the entire exam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Survived equipment today - they were nice and put filtration on.

Now I just have to worry about hospital studies on thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Irish Revolution - half of what I'd prepared didn't come up but still managed two good essays and two pages of waffle masquerading as my third. May not have been brilliant but I was reasonably pleased. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Bleurgh. Exam wasn't great. Age of Charlemagne. Layout of the paper completely changed from previous years (the number of questions was halved!). Did one really good question, one alright question and my third was 4 pages of waffle based around 3 or 4 facts...:o

I think I did enough to get by though so fingers crossed I can pull it up in the next one.

Ugh, my paper had eight questions ... he doesn't like us to waste time choosing between a wide array of questions. Three of them I couldn't have answered if you'd paid me. My third question also had barely two pages, which worries me more now than it did in the exam. I don't think it had too many facts either. Still, hopefully, two out of three should cover me! :)

My exam this morning went fairly well I reckon. It was the one I was looking forward to the most coz its the subject I enjoy the most. The question on iriseoireacht/colúnaíocht was phrased differently than I had expected but I still think I did grand. The ceist on filíocht was absolutly wonderful -I couldnt have written a better one myself...I was so glad I was able to write about Cathal Ó Searcaigh coz if any of teh others came up I would have written some serious cac!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Is Cathal that fat gay poet from Donegal?

Yeah thats the one:p
    One of the girls in my class is his neighbour and ya should have heard what she had to say about him... it was rather crude to say the least!

I think I was standing beside Aristotle for about 5mins or so in the restauranty place...too afraid to say Hi in case it wasnt him

Sin é

Edit: beaten by Scraggs. Must type faster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Sin é!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Scraggs wrote:
    Yeah thats the one:p
    One of the girls in my class is his neighbour and ya should have heard what she had to say about him... it was rather crude to say the least!

I think I was standing beside Aristotle for about 5mins or so in the restauranty place...too afraid to say Hi in case it wasnt him

I vaguely remember learning off something about his poetry stemming from the emotional desolation of God-forsaken Donegal or something along those lines for the Leaving. Can't remember if I needed it or not, but it sounded good. :p

Advertisement